Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The Florida department of health has a great tracking site...

On it, you’ll see 760 for 4/19, 733 for 4/20, and 775 for 4/21...

Let knowledge empower you!

You do understand that the requirement is daily decline...not decline from the peak, don’t you?

Under the second “plan”...you could have 10,000 on day 1 and 9,999 on days 2-14 and “meet” the guidelines...

Those 139,987 people would be very impressed.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrojanUSC

The real problem with all the metrics being populated with alarmist media is that they're slowly (or not reporting it mainstream nearly enough), that covid has been in the States for 7 months and that 50% of the people have zero symptoms, out of the remaining 50%, 80% have very mild symptoms. Out of the remaining 20%, 5% have severe systems.

Here's where we need to be. Those that think they are at risk need to stay home. Those who don't, (not over 60, not fat, no underlying autoimmune issues: the 3 main causal factors in severe covid cases/death), can go out, make competent decisions about being sanitary and not being a jerk and licking vegetables in the store, and live a 50% normal life. The sensationalism of this is causing people to think they're going to walk outside and fall over dead, which is not going to happen.

Like I said, we're still awaiting our antibody results come back, because I firmly believe we had covid (pretty severely in me and my son, my wife and daughter not so bad). We were at WDW when my son came down with symptoms and had EMT in our room at Poly and multiple stops in the first aid stations during our week there. I was issued SIQ (sick in quarters) when I came down with it, came down with bad bronchitis for 4 weeks after the initial week of nastiness.

Here's the deal. This is going to become seasonal. EVERYONE is going to contract it at some point. Like thanos, its inevitable. We can't stop it. As long as the body politic doesn't hold up the drugs that help before the vaccine is sent out, we can handle it.

Oh, and China is still lying about this whole thing.

no because there’s lot of cases of covid-19 spreading within the home. further people with hypertension, diabetes and a host of other incredibly common conditions can’t just be locked in a bedroom. most have families or loved ones. Are they supposed to stay home?

TrojanUSC

At this point I could careless if my stylist or nail tech is sitting on my lap while doing my hair or nails. I am willing to take that 98.54% chance of survival for a root touch up and manicure/pedicure.

back in the real world, you might have a 98.54% chance but how would you feel if you got infected, then infected a couple of loved ones and they died? that’s the biggest issue here. it’s so easy to transmit that people mistake their own odds for the odds of loved ones, friends, colleagues, etc.

Polynesia

The Florida department of health has a great tracking site...

On it, you’ll see 760 for 4/19, 733 for 4/20, and 775 for 4/21...

Let knowledge empower you!

You do understand that the requirement is daily decline...not decline from the peak, don’t you?

Under the second “plan”...you could have 10,000 on day and 9,999 on days 2-14 and “meet” the guidelines...

Those 139,987 people would be very impressed.
Yes, I do understand. Do you realize that as other posters have stated on here that Sunday numbers are not always accurate? That they are not properly reported because of the weekend. If you check the chart you’ll see that. I used to get optimistic when I’d see Sunday’s decline but then they went up on Monday.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So if high density cities are a driver, you would be on board with policies that were implemented at the local/county level? People that live in small towns with no reported cases are currently being treated the same way as NYC. It goes both ways.
Absolutely....

Lackawanna County Pa can fully reopen...as can Collier County, Florida...

However Philadelphia and Allegheny Counties In Pa. must remain closed until next years flu/covid season is over or a vaccine is developed - whichever is first....as will Dade, Hillsborough, Orange and Osceola Counties in Florida.

Everyone gets what they want...I’m sure the money will “work itself out” 😉

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes, I do understand. Do you realize that as other posters have stated on here that Sunday numbers are not always accurate? That they are not properly reported because of the weekend. If you check the chart you’ll see that. I used to get optimistic when I’d see Sunday’s decline but then they went up on Monday.
You’re still up from Saturday...so it’s day 1 or day 2.

Disney world will open when it opens...that is all.

TrainsOfDisney

back in the real world, you might have a 98.54% chance but how would you feel if you got infected, then infected a couple of loved ones and they died? that’s the biggest issue here. it’s so easy to transmit that people mistake their own odds for the odds of loved ones, friends, colleagues, etc.

Well... it’s fine as long as your loved ones know the steps you’ve been taking and are comfortable still being around you.

Polynesia

Looks like nature has taken over the upkeep at Tokyo Disneyland. Hopefully WDW doesn't look this way..
I would hope not, too. But that’s comparing apples to oranges in this case. Tokyo Disneyland is owned by the OLC not by Disney. They paid for the imagineers and I’m sure probably pay a brand royalty.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So if high density cities are a driver, you would be on board with policies that were implemented at the local/county level? People that live in small towns with no reported cases are currently being treated the same way as NYC. It goes both ways.

People in low density areas don't stay there. They go into high density areas for work and recreation (and bring back the infection with them). Even a rural farmer has to contact them city fellers to sell their grain.

And that's how COVID has spread around the world and even in rural counties.

The world is interconnected. What happens in a province in China can have repercussions in a rural Florida county.

Incomudro

Here is the issue, when people say WE need to accept death and illness, they almost never accept that the WE could include THEM.
I do accept it.
Being free, includes a risk factor to ones own personal life.
I'm not advocating opening everything up, and certainly not all at once.
But we can't stay locked away forever, and as the valve opens hospitalizations and deaths will creep up.
The trick is in managing the flow rate of that valve to one the healthcare systems can handle.

jmp85

People in low density areas don't stay there. They go into high density areas for work and recreation. Even a rural farmer has to contact them city fellers to sell their grain.

And that's how COVID has spread around the world and even in rural counties.

The world is interconnected. What happens in a province in China can have repercussions in a rural Florida county.

So back to my question. As far as policy is concerned, is a "one size fits all" approach appropriate here in the U.S.?

lilypgirl

That could happen out picking up groceries and my roots could really use some help!

TrainsOfDisney

I would hope not, too. But that’s comparing apples to oranges in this case. Tokyo Disneyland is owned by the OLC not by Disney. They paid for the imagineers and I’m sure probably pay a brand royalty.

You must not have looked at the photos? It was clearly a joke. That’s not an actual Disney park.

And OLC has WAY better maintenance and upkeep.

Apples to oranges? You’re comparing Disney park to Disney park... how much closer to apples vs. apples can you get?

Calmdownnow

Looks like nature has taken over the upkeep at Tokyo Disneyland. Hopefully WDW doesn't look this way during the closure.
That last photo was pretty revealing. I guess we don't know at this point -- unless any Insiders have insight -- into what proportion of WDW staff have been kept on payroll and working to keep the flower beds, woodland growth, and general foliage under control. And equally, how much effort has been put into keeping the birds and critters away from the buildings and rides.

Calmdownnow

Well... it’s fine as long as your loved ones know the steps you’ve been taking and are comfortable still being around you
I have to admit I was a bit shaken today when my 28 year old son asked if I had life insurance I'm 62 and can honestly say that the subject has never come up in conversation with anyone other than my bank manager before this ....

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
That could happen out picking up groceries and my roots could really use some help!

At this point, let anyone do what they want, so long as they’re nowhere near my state. Stay clear of me and I’ll stay clear of you. Not that I ever had any intention to be near to you or anything.

Let these enclaves thrive and for goodness sake, don’t let them travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom