Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyDebRob

Anyone think its too soon to cancel my July 17th trip?
No one hear knows what the parks will look like at that time. I think they may still be closed, others here say open with a lot of restrictions or limits. I think you have time to wait a bit more and see what’s going on. Either way on July 17th it won’t be like it was before this all happened. If you don’t mind that hold off. All this written here is just my opinion. 🙂

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Downside of the curve last a lot longer than the front side...

This post should honestly be deleted. It’s such a pile of nonsense.
An opinion piece.

On Yahoo Finance about medical epidemiology.

Ranting about shapes of curves being wrong, but not really showing all the curves they're referring to.

Ok...
It may as well have been written by me.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Jrb1979

We know the vaccine is a long ways away but what if they find drugs that help cure anyone who gets the virus and then not be hospitalized or on a ventilator. I don’t hear much about those possibilities in the news but that would be a good thing and I think make us all feel a little safer as well as we likely continue some sort of safer herd immunity until a vaccine is ready
In Canada they have been talking about it. Saying if that happens we can go back to normal.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Fastpass won't.be needed when parks reopen

You and I know that, but in the MDE app I can still book FPs on May 10. And the FP calendar doesn't go out beyond May 17 at the moment. But park hours are still posted in the app for our trip dates in June.

dclfan

Interesting that we still have a trip planned in mid-June (likely cancelling it, but that’s a different matter) but cannot book FastPasses even though we are within the 60 day window.

I have a trip June 1st and I made FP no problem. Are you staying on property?

fizzieee

Interesting that we still have a trip planned in mid-June (likely cancelling it, but that’s a different matter) but cannot book FastPasses even though we are within the 60 day window.

Do you have an AP? I am an out-of-state AP and our passes were scheduled to expire before our rescheduled trip in June.... we had to work with a CM to have our AP's extended in order to make FP+.

pdude81

But if they are only allowing hotel reservations to be booked for 6/1 or later, do you think there is any chance they would let new FP get booked for earlier dates?

JohnD

Updated Walt Disney World operating hours show park closures extended further into May

Well, not to May 25. It remains to be seen whether WDW will be open by then AND if I really want to go if it does. But to borrow a phrase maybe "A socially distanced day at Disney is better than no day at Disney."

JohnD

Interesting development regarding airlines, embedded in this article about Alaska Airlines and Hawaii flights: https://beatofhawaii.com/alaska-airlines-hawaii-no-middle-seats
EasyJet apparently has also announced this change.

Reduced capacity on airlines could result in a reduction in the number of tourists to Orlando theme parks. I wonder how that plays into plans Disney may have for re-opening...

It depends on how you look at it. There are no tourists to the theme parks now. There will be reduced capacity everywhere. So reduced capacity airlines would be more than who are flying now. It's a process.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Do you have an AP? I am an out-of-state AP and our passes were scheduled to expire before our rescheduled trip in June.... we had to work with a CM to have our AP's extended in order to make FP+.

Same, we're out of state AP holders. I just got mine in March, my wife was last July, and the kids all in-between, so we aren't dealing with expiration's right now. I think I found the problem I'm having though - One of our kids is listed twice on the reservation and I'm not on it at all. 🤔

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Interesting development regarding airlines, embedded in this article about Alaska Airlines and Hawaii flights: https://beatofhawaii.com/alaska-airlines-hawaii-no-middle-seats

Reduced capacity on airlines could result in a reduction in the number of tourists to Orlando theme parks. I wonder how that plays into plans Disney may have for re-opening...
Yes, easyJet confirmed this yesterday.

Piebald

Probably more $$ too. People think airlines will be having fire sales of cheap tickets. If anything the ones that survive this will want to recoup as much as possible especially with reduced capacity. Same for some hotels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom