Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

monykalyn

Bandana, towel, fabric, t-shirt can all be used in a pinch. I believe everyone can have some sort Of covering.
I will see if I can find the study that looked at various mask types. The cloth homeade bandanna ones were of "this may be better than nothing option" but the airflow around the sides didn't really stop anything. And if you sneeze or cough hard enough then the cloth is gonna blow away from your face too. I'm also a bit frustrated at the "throw everything to the wall and see what sticks" methods the "experts" are doing. I get that this is a new virus but sheesh-get some good studies together already that simulate real world parameters, not in a lab.

peter11435

Everyone wants to get the heck out and do stuff so if we’re told it’s safe people will go, but if there’s a surge in new cases people will likely head right back home even if the government keeps things open. Once people lose faith in their leader‘s ability to keep them safe they will stop listening.
Exactly this is. Which is why I said earlier that once things do start to open back up there are several directions it could go.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
What is hard to understand? Currently essentially everything is closed. The exact order of how things start to open back up remains to be seen but it will obviously start small. But it starts with the government lifting some restrictions. Small local businesses, restaurants, and local parks etc... things go from there.

People will return to their lives as soon as they are allowed to do so. People want to be safe but I’m confident they aren’t as scared as some want to make them out to be. At least in general.

manmythlegend

What is hard to understand? Currently essentially everything is closed. The exact order of how things start to open back up remains to be seen but it will obviously start small. But it starts with the government lifting some restrictions. Small local businesses, restaurants, and local parks etc... things go from there.

Good luck with restaurants. Before covid, I would go to restaurants daily for lunch for a nice meal and relax for a bit. I have no plans to do that anytime soon even if a politician waves their magic wand and says "everything is okay folks."

trainplane3

Lol...get the hell out of here 😂

And I didn’t know you spoke yinzese...i’ll Remember that.
Well scratch my back with a hacksaw...yep I am! Not a football person so I don't keep track of the Stillers but hockey...oh ya.

They are trying in PA. Way way to early in my opinion. Was passed but will be vetoed.https://patch.com/pennsylvania/bens...akingnews&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=alert
The only thing I want to open is barber shops/salons. I just want a haircut 🤣

Jrb1979

It’s not that there’s anything “in it” for him. His interests surround public health so his statement is what he feels is best for that interest. He’a not in power though.
What's the point of having surgeon general for medical advice if they are just going to ignore it. I know most don't care what Canada does as that doesn't affect them, but they are doing what the medical people think is best. They will slowly lift restrictions and til there is a way to treat this, large gatherings aren't likely to happen.

Polynesia

I know it’s been thrown around that a vaccine takes 18 months minimum but that’s in the old way of the world. This is a new reality. If it turns out we really can’t open the world up until there’s a vaccine, we can’t just have the world economy sunk for 18 months. It may be time to consider fast tracking a vaccine. I know they normally have multiple rounds of human testing but if there is a vaccine that could be ready by the fall for emergency use maybe the focus needs to be to ramp that up so enough people are immune to reach a level of herd immunity sooner than 18 months. I know there are risks but there are other risks associated with a deep depression.
That makes the most sense. This vaccine is being worked on globally. Some companies have gone to human testing already. Once the antibody testing starts we’ll know who won’t need the first round of the vaccine. It should go to health care, first responders and the elderly or those with high risk health issues. I can’t imagine a country on lockdown for a year or more. There will be no country to run.

peter11435

Good luck with restaurants. Before covid, I would go to restaurants daily for lunch for a nice meal and relax for a bit. I have no plans to do that anytime soon even if a politician waves their magic wand and says "everything is okay folks."
That’s you and there are others like you. But there is a huge population that the only reason they aren’t at a restaurant right now is because they can’t be.

manmythlegend

That’s you and there are others like you. But there is a huge population that the only reason they aren’t at a restaurant right now is because they can’t be.

I wouldn't say huge but some yes. And some of those people won't be with us in a few months unfortunately.

By the way, once a second wave hits us, you can kiss everything goodbye for a long long time.

DisneyDebRob

I will see if I can find the study that looked at various mask types. The cloth homeade bandanna ones were of "this may be better than nothing option" but the airflow around the sides didn't really stop anything. And if you sneeze or cough hard enough then the cloth is gonna blow away from your face too. I'm also a bit frustrated at the "throw everything to the wall and see what sticks" methods the "experts" are doing. I get that this is a new virus but sheesh-get some good studies together already that simulate real world parameters, not in a lab.
I agree, was talking in a pinch. Any protection is better then nothing. I would love to see everyone with the right protection but as you say, not possible. This is better then nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom