Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomas998

He’s telling you how coaster production and purchase works.

Well before it was being installed the coaster track was purchase paid for and on site.
Yes, but until the coaster tracks are constructed you could cancel the order. He was incorrectly stating how the purchase orders work, what I stated had nothing to do with a coaster that was already delivered it was in response to his claim that once you order it you paid for it and were stuck with it which isn't the way it works.

peter11435

Yes, but until the coaster tracks are constructed you could cancel the order. He was incorrectly stating how the purchase orders work, what I stated had nothing to do with a coaster that was already delivered it was in response to his claim that once you order it you paid for it and were stuck with it which isn't the way it works.
Have you purchased a lot of roller coasters?

He clearly already pointed out that the tracks had already been delivered.

flynnibus

Premium Member
A report I recently read on Yahoo news about the infections in NY indicated that China may NOT have been the source of the strain in NY. It might actually be an earlier strain, which was reported in cases in NY going back to October. They may share a similar genome, but the mutations are different than what was reported in Washington. There is still a lot of research happening and I expect we will continue to get more refined details on the type of virus, source and rate of mutation in the coming weeks/months.

The story basically says NYers may have been infected from a transmitter from Europe... but also says

“I’m quite confident that it was not spreading in December in the United States,” Dr. Bedford said. “There may have been a couple other introductions in January that didn’t take off in the same way.”"

and
"They found that the earliest cases identified in New York were not linked to later ones"

Meaning.... there was an early infection from the Europe transmission... but it wasn't the same as the later wave.

The TLDR is... their study is showing that infections in NYC weren't a single spread. But in fact, multiple different injections of the virus, some from west coast, some from Europe. Which is not suprising when you consider NYC as a hub. And they think the Europe one was earlier... but didn't necessarily blow up.

But this doesn't tie them back to October... The researchers are talking about Jan/Feb - before the travel restrictions outside china started kicking in.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If they open anytime soon and if things have not improved/people are vocal about it, then yes. But pin trading is no more dirty than cash exchanging, and provides an income incentive often for Disney, as are Haircuts if you think of Harmony Barbershop, the guns on the Shootin' Arcade/Arcade machines in resorts that would have to be constantly disinfected, so who knows the future for sure. If things get drastically better, you will start to see some things return too.

There's a difference with cash: It's necessary to get food. And food is necessary.

Pin trading and hair cuts aren't necessary.

If WDW is willing to put major projects on hold, and even to hold off opening parks at first, then pin trading is at the very, very, very bottom of the list of priorities. And considering all that unnecessary mutual touching of things and close-quarter conversations, then pin trading is a very good candidate for long-time suppression until things are truly back to normal.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Let's remember when we say that a vector of transmission came "from China" or "from Italy" or, my dear governors, "from New York City;" that the majority of those initial cases were from U.S. citizens traveling to China and Italy and bringing it back with them. And Floridians and Connecticutians visiting NYC and bringing COVID back with them.

The list of initial cases before community spread were filled with notations such as: "attended a conference in X foreign nation and returned to the U.S."

flynnibus

Premium Member
Let's remember when we say that a vector of transmission came "from China" or "from Italy" or, my dear governors, "from New York City;" that the majority of those initial cases were from U.S. citizens traveling to China and Italy and bringing it back with them. And Floridians and Connecticutians visiting NYC and bringing COVID back with them.

The list of initial cases before community spread were filled with notations such as: "attended a conference in X foreign nation and returned to the U.S."

Sorry.. your post didn't end with an open ended question for the reader to leap to new conclusions from... blocked..

lazyboy97o

Nothing I stated is incorrect. Ordering a roller coaster is not the same as a steel mill order. Excluding the supports which can be made by almost anyone, you’re not just giving designs to a steel fabricator. You’re buying a kit of parts and once you take possession from the factory it is yours.

I guess we really don't know how far they are. We can see exterior progress, and we know the track is installed but as far as show scenes and interior work we have no clue.
Seeing as the building envelope is not complete, it’s safe to assume very little is done on the interiors.

Polynesia

I had planned to share that link in my reply, but I cannot find the article I read last night. Yahoo news cycles through their stories and some seem to drop off and cannot be found again. If anyone knows how to search for stories from last night I definitely would like to share that story. It included a very detailed explanation of the genome research and mutations.
You could look in your history. If it hasn’t cleared you can just click on the link again

flynnibus

Premium Member

Thx for sharing. Similar findings...
"Not all the New York virus samples have European origins. Some appear to have come from the U.S. West Coast, while others appear to link directly to Asia. That indicates that there are numerous chains of transmission in the metro area, as would be expected in such a large outbreak."

Good news is... neither article mentioned Becky from facebook in October or December as the source.

thomas998

Have you purchased a lot of roller coasters?

He clearly already pointed out that the tracks had already been delivered.
And I clearly stated how the purchasing works, I never said Guardians was or wasn't a project that could be cancelled I simply called out your false claim that a coaster is paid for when it is ordered. NO big projects like that is paid for in advance, not even a small project like a house is paid for in advance unless the buyer is an idiot and I don't think Disney is filled with idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom