Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Might not want to wear it into a bank especially!
20200318_175036.jpg

21stamps

Maybe we need a new thread dedicated to proper bidet usage and information, education etc....:rolleyes:🚽

There’s not a General Coronavirus Discussion thread. There’s this one for WDW Speculation, one for WDW Coronavirus News only, and then one to discuss politics surrounding coronavirus. I think a mishmash of posts relating to coronavirus end up here as a result...then some deleted eventually in an effort to get it back to WDW related.

KineticMosaic

I've been a pretty consistent lurker here for the past 14 years of my life. I enjoy reading and tend to stay away from the discussions due to the volatility of a lot of topics. I have been reading this thread with bated breathe ever since its inception but felt today was a pretty solid time to chime in. Also it seems this thread has turned into a general discussion. Which is great but I thought we already had one of those? To keep things on a Walt Disney World centric topic, Out of curiosity how many of you actually think a place like Walt Disney World survives this. They've stretched themselves thin with offerings that their m.o. is we have everything and anything. But when that ultimately is shattered due to an event as were dealing with now how much longer can they survive? For the past ten years they've ultimately passed by on minimal upgrades, visitors were coming in through the gates just based on name and recognition alone. Once this is over...if it ever is, how do you bring the masses in? Newcomers? Regardless of if you think that people will come back , and how soon, some will get sick. There's no getting around that. Does Disney hold that burden if someone gets sick in their parks? Is it worth going through that trouble or remaining closed. Life's going to change post Corona, you're a fool if you think otherwise. Is it time to start looking at places like Walt Disney World as a relic of the past?

This is for discussion purposes. I'm not attempting to attack or seem condescending.

DCBaker

Premium Member

ImperfectPixie

South Carolina Gov. Henry McMaster has issued an executive order to close all non-essential businesses across the state to stop the spread of the coronavirus. This executive order goes into effect on Wednesday, April 1.

Was there an end-date attached to that? I didn't see one...

Clamman73

I've been a pretty consistent lurker here for the past 14 years of my life. I enjoy reading and tend to stay away from the discussions due to the volatility of a lot of topics. I have been reading this thread with bated breathe ever since its inception but felt today was a pretty solid time to chime in. Also it seems this thread has turned into a general discussion. Which is great but I thought we already had one of those? To keep things on a Walt Disney World centric topic, Out of curiosity how many of you actually think a place like Walt Disney World survives this. They've stretched themselves thin with offerings that their m.o. is we have everything and anything. But when that ultimately is shattered due to an event as were dealing with now how much longer can they survive? For the past ten years they've ultimately passed by on minimal upgrades, visitors were coming in through the gates just based on name and recognition alone. Once this is over...if it ever is, how do you bring the masses in? Newcomers? Regardless of if you think that people will come back , and how soon, some will get sick. There's no getting around that. Does Disney hold that burden if someone gets sick in their parks? Is it worth going through that trouble or remaining closed. Life's going to change post Corona, you're a fool if you think otherwise. Is it time to start looking at places like Walt Disney World as a relic of the past?

This is for discussion purposes. I'm not attempting to attack or seem condescending.
Seems that the people i know of who’ve tested positive cant pin it down to exactly where they might have got it...Disney could give a general statement when they reopen to respect prior Corona advisements on isolating yourself from others (which means don’t come to Disney) if you exhibit symptoms. But people do want they want...so people have to take that into consideration when going back to the Parks.
I bet though it‘s going to look as if you’re visiting Tokyo Disney with people wearing face masks in the Parks during the opening months.

John park hopper

South Carolina Gov. Henry McMaster has issued an executive order to close all non-essential businesses across the state to stop the spread of the coronavirus. This executive order goes into effect on Wednesday, April 1.

Just watched his press conference here in SC the number of cases are going up 143 in Charleston county over 1000 state wide
Nothing as bad as some places and hope people in SC take this seriously and stay the heck home and we can keep our numbers down

The Mom

Premium Member
There’s not a General Coronavirus Discussion thread. There’s this one for WDW Speculation, one for WDW Coronavirus News only, and then one to discuss politics surrounding coronavirus. I think a mishmash of posts relating to coronavirus end up here as a result...then some deleted eventually in an effort to get it back to WDW related.

This has become the general coronavirus thread - news updates relating to the virus are welcome, and general information on dealing with self isolating/social distancing etc are welcome. Even a bit of humor and straying off topic - a little. Along with expressing our hope about one of our favorite places reopening.

But not pages of posts about certain issues that do not affect the majority of us, nor political posts.

Chi84

Premium Member

Well, for starters, labeling someone a fool for believing we can get past the coronavirus pandemic without significantly changing life as we know it seems a bit dramatic - as does the suggestion that "this" may never end. I don't agree that WDW has been "passing by" for the last 10 years on minimal upgrades or that visitors have been coming based on name and recognition alone. Provided Disney acts reasonably under the circumstances, it will bear no legal responsibility for people getting viruses in its parks. I'm not sure why a theme park would be a relic of the past - unless the suggestion is that people will no longer be able to congregate ever again. Maybe give this a little time to see how things shake out before burying Disney.

Disney Analyst

Holland America ships still have no place to dock as they head towards Florida -

"We cannot afford to have people who are not even Floridians dumped into South Florida using up those valuable resources,” DeSantis told Fox News. “We view this as a big big problem and we do not want to see people dumped in Southern Florida right now.”

Here's the message from the President of HAL -

It's time to let this darn ship dock! There are valuable human lives on board, for god sake.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If the government wants to ever have a cruise line industry again they need to do something. As of right now I’m flat out terrified of going near a cruise ship and this is not helping.
It's time to let this darn ship dock! There are Americans and Canadians on board, for god sake.

Then this is a matter for the Federal government. Treat it as citizens abroad stuck in a country that's unsafe and need to get home. There's got to be a Naval port they can dock in. If I was on that liner, I'd be contacting every Federal representative and bureaucrat I could, especially the State Department's embassy services.

21stamps

This has become the general coronavirus thread - news updates relating to the virus are welcome, and general information on dealing with self isolating/social distancing etc are welcome. Even a bit of humor and straying off topic - a little. Along with expressing our hope about one of our favorite places reopening.

But not pages of posts about certain issues that do not affect the majority of us, nor political posts.

Ok. This is good to read. Hopefully a few funny corona inspired memes or feel-good news story links will be sprinkled, sparingly.
They’re amusing or uplifting to see sometimes thru all of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom