Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

21stamps

Dr. Amy Acton is asking people to cut back on their grocery/Target/ etc visits.

Here is our latest projected peak, we’re told that we avoided the yellow due to the current orders,

170DFA14-8C0B-43A9-8E01-4DC5B3A1F3D7.jpeg

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Unfortunately with tort law they don't have to prove it. They just need to convince a jury that evil, greedy Disney was negligent.

I'd hope they temperature screen employees. It's probably even more important to temperature screen guests and refuse entry to anybody with a fever. I doubt they will but they should. I know it isn't perfect and people can do things to get around it.
Anyone can sue for anything. Doesn’t mean they will win. Disney can largely avoid being found negligent if they put policies and procedures in place to avoid infections. The procedures don’t need to be 100% effective, but they need to have the appearance of doing everything they can. If they opened the parks May 1 with no changes to anything that could be a real problem. I don’t see how anyone will be able to sue over this virus spread. Eventually when sports go back or concerts or movie theaters or malls or churches there will be so many public places someone could have gotten sick. Unless someone stayed in their home on full lockdown, left only to go to WDW and then went immediately back home and even then it would be almost impossible to prove. Very unlikely anyone would win a lawsuit unless some extreme negligence occurred, like a CM who tested positive being sent to work in a restaurant anyway. They won’t be that foolish.

Chi84

Premium Member
Unfortunately with tort law they don't have to prove it. They just need to convince a jury that evil, greedy Disney was negligent.

I'd hope they temperature screen employees. It's probably even more important to temperature screen guests and refuse entry to anybody with a fever. I doubt they will but they should. I know it isn't perfect and people can do things to get around it.
Tort law makes it difficult for negligence cases to actually get to a jury - very few do. Most are thrown out on motions to dismiss for failing to meet a legal threshold.

VaderTron

Today I saw someone where gloves in the grocery store, leave the grocery store with gloves still on, enter car and play with phone with gloves still on, drive off with gloves still on.

If any of you choose to wear gloves in public, please take them off before you enter your car as to not contaminate your personal belongings. And, I can’t believe this needs to be said, don’t use your phone with the same gloves you used in the store.

Same thing goes for entering a store. Wear a new pair of gloves if you’ve been using the same gloves to travel to different places. Sure, you’re protecting yourself, but you could also be spreading wherever you go.

How about the gloves used at restaurants everyone is being told to patron by carryout/drive-thru. I, having taken my turn at food service in my teens (like I believe all should to learn the value of the job), can tell you horror stories of what people do while handling your food. Some feel this situation is making everyone better about hygiene. If you can't get people to care enough to skip spring break and stop partying, you're not going to get them to change their gross behavior at work.

Just yesterday someone who works in the same medical office as my wife went to pick up food. She said the food workers and cashiers had gloves on. The entire time she was inside for her order she didn't notice one single person change their gloves, including the cashier who took her money, and then finished packing her carryout order with the same gloved hand!!!

Sorry...but restaurants are just going to have to file for bankruptcy as far as I'm concerned. It's not that I want these people to lose their jobs, but you have to hold to higher standards than that. In this country, trying to accomplish that with low-wage workers who already don't care how their actions affect others would be nearly impossible. As much as I enjoy some restaurants, there is no way in he** I am letting them touch my food right now.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I can’t find any sanitizer near me here in Florida. Luckily my daughter in Wisconsin found some and is mailing them to me. I gave up on trying to find wipes. If you can’t find toilet paper there’s baby wipes in a pinch.
Be careful, our police dept sent out message that sewers were backing up from people flushing wipes, and just now we were out for a walk and saw a city sewer truck pass.....I had been told by a plumber who challenged his employee about the alleged time it takes for one "flushable plumber approved" to break down, employee said a few days.....well let's just say they squished some up, put in 5 gallon bucket of water and it sat for over 8 months, before they reached in and saw they still looked like new. Problem is they can catch on outcropping of older pipes metal pieces flaking off and cause blockage...… just saying I don't want a plumbing issue right now.....:oops: Edited to add it may clear your home but think on multiple wipes and homes and the mess THAT could cause to your whole neighborhood....

Last edited:

VaderTron

I applaud the effort, but isn’t your car now contaminated since you need to use your hands to enter the car, put groceries in the car, etc.?
I have a pump bottle of hand sanitizer in my door. Open door. Pump hand sanitizer. Wipe door handle. Open hatch with fresh hands. Insert shopping. Re-sanitize from open car door. Close doors and get in.

celluloid

How about the gloves used at restaurants everyone is being told to patron by carryout/drive-thru. I, having taken my turn at food service in my teens (like I believe all should to learn the value of the job), can tell you horror stories of what people do while handling your food. Some feel this situation is making everyone better about hygiene. If you can't get people to care enough to skip spring break and stop partying, you're not going to get them to change their gross behavior at work.

Just yesterday someone who works in the same medical office as my wife went to pick up food. She said the food workers and cashiers had gloves on. The entire time she was inside for her order she didn't notice one single person change their gloves, including the cashier who took her money, and then finished packing her carryout order with the same gloved hand!!!

Sorry...but restaurants are just going to have to file for bankruptcy as far as I'm concerned. It's not that I want these people to lose their jobs, but you have to hold to higher standards than that. In this country, trying to accomplish that with low-wage workers who already don't care how their actions affect others would be nearly impossible. As much as I enjoy some restaurants, there is no way in he** I am letting them touch my food right now.

It's equal to security theater. It becomes a PR and saving face move.

Surferboy567

All the DCP in the discord think this program is going to go ahead as scheduled...they don’t understand the reality here. On one side, they will need cheap labor when they open. On the other, they will just cancel the program or postpone it. I think as every day moves on its gets more and more likely to be cancelled instead of my original postponement guess.

Even if things go ahead, I’m starting to have second thoughts about going down. Nothing for me to outright cancel but enough to make me reconsider options.

I really wonder when they can reopen...their is no way in my opinion that could be anything earlier then the last week of May and even then I think that’s way too optimistic.

Polynesia

Be careful, our police dept sent out message that sewers were backing up from people flushing wipes, and just now we were out for a walk and saw a city sewer truck pass.....I had been told by a plumber who challenged his employee about the alleged time it takes for one to break down, employee said a few days.....well let's just say they squished some up, put in 5 gallon bucket of water and it sat for over 8 months, before they reached in and saw they still looked like new. Problem is they can catch on outcropping of older pipes metal pieces flaking off and cause blockage...… just saying I don't want a plumbing issue right now.....:oops:
I honestly thought wipes were flushable. What about the thin dinner napkins? I’ve got a big package of those.

DisneyCane

Today I saw someone where gloves in the grocery store, leave the grocery store with gloves still on, enter car and play with phone with gloves still on, drive off with gloves still on.

If any of you choose to wear gloves in public, please take them off before you enter your car as to not contaminate your personal belongings. And, I can’t believe this needs to be said, don’t use your phone with the same gloves you used in the store.

Same thing goes for entering a store. Wear a new pair of gloves if you’ve been using the same gloves to travel to different places. Sure, you’re protecting yourself, but you could also be spreading wherever you go.

So far the dumbest glove related thing I've seen is a guy standing outside at a shopping center, wearing gloves and smoking a cigarette. Hello! If you get virus on your gloves, using them to hold a cigarette and bring it up to your mouth kind of defeats the purpose!

DCBaker

Premium Member
I honestly thought wipes were flushable. What about the thin dinner napkins? I’ve got a big package of those.

You should only flush TP. Anything else doesn't break down as easily and can cause problems.

The Mom

Premium Member
This is the one that I see when I am grocery shopping. Not sure what the difference is.

or

I also saw a guy walking out side with a handkerchief tied around face.

The handkerchief , if tied correctly, is probably just as effective as the pictured face masks. It's just not disposable, but can be washed and reused. Might also keep people away from you. But could make cashiers nervous. ;)

DCBaker

Premium Member

"According to officials, about 70 people in their 20s got on a chartered plane for a spring break trip about a week and a half ago. Although they were not under a travel advisory at the time, people are still asked to limit travel to essential needs."

"Four of the 28 patients had no symptoms of the virus, according to officials. All of the confirmed patients are self isolating at this time, authorities say."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom