Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I read this earlier today. Cause we all need a little hope. I pray he's right.

I know it’s no guarantee, but if they have it approved for compassionate use in September thats a game changer. Especially if there’s a new surge of cases in the fall.

Lilofan

Polynesia

I hope and pray 🙏 this is the case but what we are all aware of as a nation that the next 2 weeks will be very very painful experience for our country.
Yes it will. I watched the Presidents address. It gave me hope and yet brought tears to my eyes. So many people suffering. I pray each day for everyone and the strength for us to get through this.

monykalyn

Put Disney soundtracks on while WFH today- amazing what some upbeat music will do- and Hercules has to be an underrated musical score. Moana still my fave right now though. Lion king just made me miss DAK (my favorite park).
@DCBaker one of your twitter posts had an...interesting...ad. Made me chuckle!
My fiancé is adamant that the best thing is to simply avoid touching your face & wash your hands frequently.
yes! Subway is the only place I e seen actually have proper glove usage anyway.
The US will probably start encouraging mask usage in a few weeks once our mask supply is better.
ugh nope. I think anyone wanting to wear masks full time have not actual WORN them for hours, when you get hot, or sneeze (hello allergies) or know to do hand hygeine after adjusting said mask for the umpteenth time because you got hot, sweated and your face itches.
if cuts are coming I hope this still is there. As far as IP I love this one . And yes I know it was in response to a joke :p

Wonder how many now have bleach wipes or bleach spray on their counter all the time now? At least my husband now leaves my spray bottle out on the counter instead of “neatly” away under the sink where it does no good!

lazyboy97o

I know it’s no guarantee, but if they have it approved for compassionate use in September thats a game changer. Especially if there’s a new surge of cases in the fall.
I know it’s just a local news report, but I’m always very sceptical when “technology” is the big breakthrough.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
First time there's an official U.S. governmental projection of deaths from CV:

The top government scientists battling the coronavirus estimated Tuesday that the deadly pathogen could kill between 100,000 and 240,000 Americans, in spite of the disruptive social distancing measures that have closed schools, banned large gatherings, limited travel and forced people to stay in their homes. ...​
As dire as those predictions are, Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx said the number of deaths could be much higher if Americans do not follow the strict guidelines to keep the virus from spreading, and they urged people to take the restrictions seriously...​
The data released on Tuesday was the first time that Mr. Trump’s administration has officially estimated the breadth of the threat to human life from the coronavirus, and the disease it brings, known as Covid-19. In the past several weeks, Dr. Birx and Dr. Fauci have resisted predicting how many people might die in the pandemic, saying that there was not enough reliable data.​

DisneyDoctor

Not only will Disney survive this but they will thrive. It will take a few years but it will once again be THE vacation destination. Simply put, nobody does it better than Disney. A vaccine will come out in a year or so. They’re already testing it. So many companies have stepped up to help with donating drugs and medical supplies. This virus will be beat. We will turn the corner and things will start to open up again. Some may be fearful of going back to a theme park. Look at the crowds on their last day before closing. Guests knew why it was shutting down and the parks were very crowded. And they’ll be crowded again. Graphs show no deaths by July. This will be a game changer in people’s minds. President Trump has mentioned the possibility of people having to wear masks in the short term. Dare I say this would be a money maker for Disney? Imagine going to their park and purchasing a Mickey mask or a frozen mask. Maybe I’m way off base. But I believe in my heart there are many Disney lovers who will perhaps cautiously be back enjoying the magic only Disney knows how to make.
Very optimistic. But, I'm hesitant to assume that those non-Disney lovers who attend the parks 1-2x in their lifetime will continue to visit such a densely populated destination. At they very least they will give it more thought.

Nemo14

I have to say I had awesome nurses at the infusion center yesterday, and they never stopped all day. Since my bloodwork and dr appointment were moved last week from the hospital building to the infusion center, I was there from 7:45 AM til 4:30 PM so I got to observe quite a bit. My bloodwork didn't take long nor did my dr. appointment, but the wait for the blood test results was about an hour and a half, so my chemo couldn't start til the results of that were back. Then it was 5 hours of infusions.

Anyway, the place was quite busy yesterday, but those workers never slowed down, keeping everything sanitized, even the pens the patients used to sign the paperwork were wiped after each use. Chairs were totally wiped down as well as any surface that could possibly be touched. All staff wore masks and patients were supplied with one if requested. All this while cheerfully tending to a steady stream of patients.

I had been nervous about this visit, but felt so confident by the time I was done that I called DH and had him pick up some wrapped Easter candy for them all, which I left with my nurse. The whole staff was very grateful for it, but I felt they deserved so much more!

trainplane3

Remember a few days ago how American was storing planes at Pittsburgh? Well the number went up a bit...anyone want a couple Embraers, a "small" Airbus, or how about an A330 or 5?
As of March 30, nearly 100 planes owned by American Airlines and Republic Airways are parked at Pittsburgh International.

49717759058_61b0548714_k.jpg

49718297541_d1dfee4e60_k.jpg

49718609412_14a6e9043f_k.jpg

This should really show how much the flight industry is being impacted by this whole scenario. Cool pictures at least!

Calmdownnow

This is a problem caused by the increase in bigger and bigger cruise ships. There are not that many ports that can accommodate them. Perhaps they will be allowed dock at further up the coast - if they can find a port that will allow them.

As mentioned, South FL is dealing with its own epicenter right now.
One of the problems is that much of Florida's growth economy has been based on tourism, both domestic and foreign visitors. It leaves a sour taste in the mouth for many if the State wants your money in good times but turns its back on tourists during these difficult times.

hopemax

I have to say I had awesome nurses at the infusion center yesterday, and they never stopped all day. Since my bloodwork and dr appointment were moved last week from the hospital building to the infusion center, I was there from 7:45 AM til 4:30 PM so I got to observe quite a bit. My bloodwork didn't take long nor did my dr. appointment, but the wait for the blood test results was about an hour and a half, so my chemo couldn't start til the results of that were back. Then it was 5 hours of infusions.

Anyway, the place was quite busy yesterday, but those workers never slowed down, keeping everything sanitized, even the pens the patients used to sign the paperwork were wiped after each use. Chairs were totally wiped down as well as any surface that could possibly be touched. All staff wore masks and patients were supplied with one if requested. All this while cheerfully tending to a steady stream of patients.

I had been nervous about this visit, but felt so confident by the time I was done that I called DH and had him pick up some wrapped Easter candy for them all, which I left with my nurse. The whole staff was very grateful for it, but I felt they deserved so much more!

Chemotherapy nurses are God's Angels, and I say that as someone who is agnostic at best.

I hope your chemo goes well. Please, stay hydrated even if you don't feel like drinking anything. I'm sure your nurses will tell you that a million times, but I'll add it one or two times more. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom