Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubs70

Bleh.

Let’s not rehash old arguments.

I recently found out that 95% of members here are constitutional lawyers. They are all very busy presenting their case before the Supreme Court of WDW Magic.
Or just discussing their opinion, learning along the way, and will ultimately be able to measure their original opinion to the final judgement of the finder of fact.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I don’t like wearing pants all day, but society dictates I do in many circumstances.

Doesn’t really matter what I prefer.
I never got this comparison. Seen it used over and over. Pant wearing is dictated by society through a long list of laws passed by different levels of government over years and years. Like indecent exposure laws as one example. In almost all cases If someone tries to challenge laws related to pant wearing, they will lose due to precedent. Mask mandates were done through limited emergency powers and are vulnerable in the courts. Legally, they aren’t on the same level. So in the case of masks, it definitely does matter more what the people prefer at this moment in time.

But, right now mask mandates are out the window so we move on.

GimpYancIent

My thoughts exactly.
I retired at age 56, with a NYS pension off of a 100k job.
How millionaires and billionaires find the drive to keep doing what they are doing is beyond me.
But of course, that drive is what got them to where they got in the first place.
Drive, initiative, creativity, motivation, identifying and capitalizing on a break, yes, a lot of factors but consider that there is a point where if sufficient funds can be accumulated and invested the returns generated will not only cover living costs and any taxes but there will be enough to further invest and grow the principle. In short, the money makes money for you, and you do not work as hard if you hire someone to take of the accounting for you then you work even less. Sadly, the overwhelming majority of people on this planet never get to achieve such lofty heights.

Last edited:

correcaminos

^ bingo! Hoping things stay quiet/no flip flopping at least for a while
I think seeing what happened in Philly is more of an indication that people are done. Maybe if it gets really bad but even in December as BA.1 was tearing through not all places brought them in. Also not all places waited until numbers were low to drop. Even the DOJ appeal I expect to go flat.

No. That some people do. And for them. Wearing a mask is worse then getting Covid.
I think debating masks as a whole is silly though at this point. The mask haters won't change minds. Neither the others.

Interestingly one friend who just had covid is now wearing N95s in public instead. Didn't ask why but thought it was interesting.

GimpYancIent

I think seeing what happened in Philly is more of an indication that people are done. Maybe if it gets really bad but even in December as BA.1 was tearing through not all places brought them in. Also not all places waited until numbers were low to drop. Even the DOJ appeal I expect to go flat.
The DOJ appeal is just face saving, doing due diligence. The mandate expiration date will have passed by the time any court ruling on the appeal occurs rendering the entire legal exercise a waste of time show.

Disney4Lyfe

I think debating masks as a whole is silly though at this point.
I’m not debating anything. Just stating a fact. I know a lot of people can’t wrap their minds around the fact that some people care more about being forced to mask then they do about getting Covid. But there are literally tens of millions of people who feel that way.

correcaminos

The DOJ appeal is just face saving, doing due diligence. The mandate expiration date will have passed by the time any court ruling on the appeal occurs rendering the entire legal exercise a waste of time show.
I don't disagree. It's telling that it's CDC pushing to have it done. I get why too. In the face of another massive issue, they want to have some control and not worry about it being overturned. Sadly I think the last 2 extensions were not well thought out.

If flying I know that airplanes have great circulation during flight. If I am concerned I can wear a mask too. No big. I don't right now. Partially because my chances of it hitting poorly in my house is small thanks to health and vaccines. But if I worry I have choices. To be fair I have supported when needed and voluntarily wore at the request of others many times.

correcaminos

I’m not debating anything. Just stating a fact. I know a lot of people can’t wrap their minds around the fact that some people care more about being forced to mask then they do about getting Covid. But there are literally tens of millions of people who feel that way.
Yeah to me it's still reading like you are debating merits or not. I moderate a Facebook group for DVC people. Huge group. I'm beyond it and even comments like this make me say "don't care how you feel, wear if necessary" I don't like wearing masks at all but respect others and rules. So really don't give a flip that people feel at this point because it's been rehashed like a million times. I really don't care. I am cool with listening to individuals discuss, but talking massive hypothetical populations? Nope. Done.

correcaminos

johnny depp no GIF

Heelz2315

I think debating masks as a whole is silly though at this point. The mask haters won't change minds. Neither the others.

Interestingly one friend who just had covid is now wearing N95s in public instead. Didn't ask why but thought it was interesting.

Wonder what’ll happen if Orange Co Florida gets back into the “high/red” category? How will WDW react I wonder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom