Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel Ariel

Disney is the only place I wear a mask solely because I have no choice. I see less and less masks every day. Today maybe 20% were wearing masks At Publix.
And that continued decrease in mask-wearing is contributing to the significant community spread (my zip code is now at 12,428 cases per 100,000 people) is why all of my daughter's therapy practices are getting more strict with mask-wearing. Now that she's fully vaccinated, she is returning to in-person speech therapy. Until omicron hit, her therapist would have had a mask on, but she would have been able to not have her mask on (which is obviously seriously helpful for speech therapy) - now, DD has to have her mask on too. Her OT office is more strict as well. I'm not even allowed to stay in the building anymore, masked or not, I have to drop her off and wait in my car. All of these practices have immuno-compromised kids, so I understand their why - but it's frustrating to continue to see less and less care given generally to how less mitigation impacts the most vulnerable in our communities.

Angel Ariel

If you find a source, please share.

My second kid has a small face and has started to wear a paper under a cloth mask. The large masks are too big, and most "kid" masks are to small. They need something like a "teenager" or "tween" size mask. The N95 they got at school is just a normal adult one and doesn't really fit. The teachers had them put them on on top of what they were already wearing.

I keep trying to find KN95 masks with reviews like "it's small" or "fit was to small". The last attempt was only slightly smaller than a large adult, not nearly enough. The rest of the family can use those failed ones at least.
WEll BEfore has multiple kid sizes...I ordered one for age 5-8 for DD, as she has a small face, but it's actually too small. I'm going to try their age 9-12 size.

We've also had a lot of success with Armbrust American's surgical masks, and they're now making a KN-95 as well, so I'm going to order there. The VIDA Kids KN-95s were too big for DD, but they fit me OK (and I also have a smaller face for an adult, so that may work!)

correcaminos

WEll BEfore has multiple kid sizes...I ordered one for age 5-8 for DD, as she has a small face, but it's actually too small. I'm going to try their age 9-12 size.

We've also had a lot of success with Armbrust American's surgical masks, and they're now making a KN-95 as well, so I'm going to order there. The VIDA Kids KN-95s were too big for DD, but they fit me OK (and I also have a smaller face for an adult, so that may work!)
Well Before is out of stock for all kid masks. Was this the one you got?

Also when you say smaller face, do you just mean smaller adult or more kid sized really? Like when my kid was 10 or so his head was bigger than mine even though we're the same height.

Angel Ariel

Well Before is out of stock for all kid masks. Was this the one you got?

Also when you say smaller face, do you just mean smaller adult or more kid sized really? Like when my kid was 10 or so his head was bigger than mine even though we're the same height.

For me? The VIDA kids fKN-95 fits my face a bit better than the VIDA adult KN-95. I just ordered those armbrust ones for my daughter. Only the box of 5 was available, in white. I'm hoping they'll work better. I'm keeping an eye on the well before ones to come back in stock.

correcaminos

For me? The VIDA kids fKN-95 fits my face a bit better than the VIDA adult KN-95. I just ordered those armbrust ones for my daughter. Only the box of 5 was available, in white. I'm hoping they'll work better. I'm keeping an eye on the well before ones to come back in stock.
Which did you get? I see a few sizes there and styles too. Sorry just trying to figure out for me if it's worth trying given it will be a while to arrive. I don't just have a small adult head but truly am kid sized in so many ways.

Angel Ariel

Which did you get? I see a few sizes there and styles too. Sorry just trying to figure out for me if it's worth trying given it will be a while to arrive. I don't just have a small adult head but truly am kid sized in so many ways.
At Armbrust? This is what I got:

Box of 5, White is still available.

The VIDA kids ones I've gotten and used myself are these:

KrzyKtty

If I manage to find some N95 masks sitting around in a local store at normal retail price, fine. I'll pick some up, if for nothing else so that my husband has something when he has to get on a plane in 3 weeks. If I can't, then my kids and I will continue to use our cloth masks like we have been for the last 2 years. But we are fully vaccinated, and boostered. At this point I refuse to pay gouged prices for specialty masks. We get it or we don't, but I'm not gonna go bankrupt constantly buying the next phase of masks.

It's probably my mental exhaustion talking, but I'm kind of starting to understand the other side a little bit more than I ever have before. I'm at the point where I'm ready to just live my life and what happens happens. It doesn't mean I'm gonna be careless or callous, but I'm not gonna lose my mind over this anymore either.

Last edited:

correcaminos

sullyinMT

Forgive me for not knowing the nitty-gritty of the Canadian universal system. Is this akin to increased premiums on employees (like Delta has announced)?

If so, that’s a reasonable step. Mandates might be the most direct, like @Andrew C said, but we have seen the political appetite bfor a universal mandate at almost every level.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Forgive me for not knowing the nitty-gritty of the Canadian universal system. Is this akin to increased premiums on employees (like Delta has announced)?

If so, that’s a reasonable step. Mandates might be the most direct, like @Andrew C said, but we have seen the political appetite bfor a universal mandate at almost every level.
Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom