Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

correcaminos

Crazy how some areas just don't care.

Meanwhile here in BC, masks everywhere due to them being mandatory. No store will you see someone maskless. Quite frankly you're likely to see many wearing masks even outdoors.
I had my blood draw this morning and it's required for a medical building like that. It was like 13°F when I left. Once that mask when on, it stayed - keeps my face warm! Even outside.

mmascari

Repeating my kids situation with 2 of 7 teachers out. Presumably, the in school class quality for the 5 classes is currently outweighing the substandard quality of the 2. Very dependent on if they have a sub or not, and if it's a real sub for that class vs just a warm body.
I need to correct an error. I was informed today by said HS kid that only 1 teacher has COVID. The other had personal family issues last week, not COVID, and returned today with a new shade of hair reinventing themselves. That we were previously misinformed by said HS kid.

I regret passing along the incorrect information. Said HS kid was disciplined for providing incorrect information. Unfortunately all that resulted was a reply of “your mom”.

hopemax

Did we, or just me, miss that Salt Lake City has instituted a 1 month mask mandate last Friday? And more surprisingly, they are requiring the masks to be KN95 KF95 N95 quality. They will be distributing these masks to the public through the libraries and senior centers. Cloth masks will be allowed temporarily allowing people time to get the better ones.

correcaminos

Did we, or just me, miss that Salt Lake City has instituted a 1 month mask mandate last Friday? And more surprisingly, they are requiring the masks to be KN95 KF95 N95 quality. They will be distributing these masks to the public through the libraries and senior centers. Cloth masks will be allowed temporarily allowing people time to get the better ones.
I have zero connections to SLC myself. Bummer about the x95 though. I cannot find ones that fit me well - they are harder to find here in kid sizes which is what I wear. I do use surgical though

JoeCamel

They should have the bishops take them around when they do their monthly tithing "reminders"

JoeCamel

Try Well Before if you can't find them in stores. They have just about every type of mask you can think of.
The product and price looks good but I get this when I want to order

"We are currently experiencing a high volume of orders and inquiries. In the interest of maintaining the highest standards of service, we are temporarily suspending the ability to place new orders. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. We will restore the ability to place new orders tomorrow 01/11/22 at 2pm CDT."

Chip Chipperson

The product and price looks good but I get this when I want to order

"We are currently experiencing a high volume of orders and inquiries. In the interest of maintaining the highest standards of service, we are temporarily suspending the ability to place new orders. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. We will restore the ability to place new orders tomorrow 01/11/22 at 2pm CDT."

Oh wow! I guess it's good that so many people are buying better masks, but the flip side is that it's bad that it's necessary in the first place.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I take zero precautions and I have not had Covid.
That's the survivor's fallacy.

If 100 people do a risky thing (e.g. "taking no precautions") that causes ninety-nine of them to die. It doesn't say how risky or risk-free that thing is if we happen upon the one survivor piping up to say, "I took zero precautions!" as if there's no risk at all.

There's a few million dead people who didn't or couldn't take precautions who can't boast "I took no precautions!"... because they're dead.

JoeCamel

That's the survivor's fallacy.

If 100 people do a risky thing (e.g. "taking no precautions") that causes ninety-nine of them to die. It doesn't say how risky or risk-free that thing is if we happen upon the one survivor piping up to say, "I took zero precautions!" as if there's no risk at all.

There's a few million dead people who didn't or couldn't take precautions who can't boast "I took no precautions!"... because they're dead.
I like to think because someone won lotto that I could be next. Longer odds than getting covid but millions still play. Same deal with the flip where you think because it didn't happen to me it won't happen to me.

seascape

The US today is at 222 cases per 100k, hospitalizations of 41 per 100k and deaths of 0.5 per 100k. Florida is at 276 cases, 43 hospitalizations and 0.14 deaths. New York is at 379 cases, 63 hospitalizations and 0.68 deaths. New Jersey is at 357 cases, 68 hospitalizations and 0.68 deaths. Again it appears all 3 states are just about at peak. Too bad the country isnt there yet.

Now onto NYC and Essex County NJ. NYC is at 482 cases per 100k and Essex County is at 393. However, Essex County is no longer the highest county in NJ, Passaic County too that honor a few days ago and are at 437.

The good news on testing is that starting on January 15 the new rules on Insurance companies being required to pay for home testing starts. They are required to pay for 8 tests a month for each member. That means 16 tests a month for a couple and 32 for a family of 4. Too bad it is too late to do anything about this peak. Also there is still no date on when the 500 millions tests the government promised in December will start to be shipped. What a great job the federal government is doing. We needed the 500 million tests in December not February.

Kevin_W

we had 5 f over Christmas and I employed the same technique. Once that mask was on, it stayed on. Kept the face warm.

Yes, that was on t hing I discovered using a KN95 mask while in California (and it was cold for CA - high's in the mid 40s in SF). The KN95 unsurprisingly does a better job of keeping your face warm compared to any other mask I've worn (and even better than by balaclava).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom