Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
Exactly! We should stop punishing people for drinking in driving, if you are afraid of being killed by a drunk driver you can stay home.
I’ve never read so much about drunk driving until the last year and a half. How’s that argument working for you? (Not directed at you, or course)

Mr Bill

Or people just don't want to get the vaccine and they are under no obligation to do so.
If you are so worried about your child in school, tell them to mask up. There have been schools open all across the county, during peak times in other areas and those kids managed just fine. If you are still worried then take some responsibility for your own child and homeschool them. Otherwise suck it up and deal with people not getting vaccinated. Do what you need to do to protect yourself and yours. Stop relying on others to do things for you.
While masks may provide some protection from catching COVID, they primarily prevent those who already have the virus from spreading it. Sending a healthy child to school with a mask is near meaningless if one child who has COVID is in the classroom unmasked.

m3EOhFG.png

Vegas Disney Fan

And how do we know that variants are originating solely in the unvaccinated?
We don’t but it’s very likely, virus variants come when the virus is replicating infected cells and a cell mutates, since vaccines prevents a virus from replicating inside our bodies they also diminish the likelihood a mutation can occur.

The more troubling thing to me is how widespread Covid is, just getting America vaccinated isn’t going to cut it. Covid19 originated in China, the Alpha variant originated in the UK, the Beta variant originated in South Africa, the Gamma variant originated in Brazil, the Delta variant originated in India, the Lambda variant originated in Peru… this is a world problem and since most of the world is far behind us in vaccination rates the variants will probably keep coming.

Our best bet is to get vaccinated and hope for the best.

Virtual Toad

Or people just don't want to get the vaccine and they are under no obligation to do so.
If you are so worried about your child in school, tell them to mask up. There have been schools open all across the county, during peak times in other areas and those kids managed just fine. If you are still worried then take some responsibility for your own child and homeschool them. Otherwise suck it up and deal with people not getting vaccinated. Do what you need to do to protect yourself and yours. Stop relying on others to do things for you.
Thanks for the sage advice. Good thing we’re not all in this together.

correcaminos

Eh. I’m not really seeing much of this pushed around here.
Some of that was though.

Really the line "covid is always going to be here" or "never going away" is repeated so much it's hard to miss. The pregnancy comments were loud and clear here. Some of it had the beginnings of the sentences but I think the second half were filled in with what wasn't said here, but we often see elsewhere.

correcaminos

How many times must one say vaccines actually rely partially on many people to be vaccinated so they can really work really well? I'm so so sick of this one being said. No it's not just about you singularly, it's about the world globally. So using your mentality, get the vaccine and suck it up. Stop thinking only of yourself.

Last edited:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Really the line "covid is always going to be here" or "never going away" is repeated so much it's hard to miss
Truthfully I agree with this partially but maybe not to the extend that others meant it. As I believe someone else mentioned, even if we have high vaccination rates in the US, we really need this to eventually occur worldwide. Which is why I believe the virus will be around for the foreseeable future. Now, holding this opinion doesn't mean I think we should do nothing. Making that connection would be an inaccurate assumption. And there are obvious things we can do in order to better manage and prevent outbreaks...like the freakin vaccine.

Polkadotdress

I just have to ask: do you have school-aged children, and do you live in FL?

Heppenheimer

While masks may provide some protection from catching COVID, they primarily prevent those who already have the virus from spreading it. Sending a healthy child to school with a mask is near meaningless if one child who has COVID is in the classroom unmasked.

m3EOhFG.png
But because there can be pre-symptomatic spread, unless you have a crystal ball, during a raging pandemic, you don't know who is shedding virus and who isn't.

And for the seemingly the ten thousandth time, masks DO provide some benefit for the wearer. Collective risk reduction has a synergistic effect that far exceeds a few individuals here and there doing mitigation.

Vegas Disney Fan

Truthfully I agree with this partially but maybe not to the extend that others meant it. As I believe someone else mentioned, even if we have high vaccination rates in the US, we really need this to eventually occur worldwide. Which is why I believe the virus will be around for the foreseeable future. Now, holding this opinion doesn't mean I think we should do nothing. Making that connection would be an inaccurate assumption.
I also agree it’s not going away anytime soon but I see that as more incentive to get vaccinated, we’re all going to be exposed to this virus multiple times over the next several years, why wouldn’t someone give their immune system the best chance at fighting it off?

Lilofan

Some will be obligated to get the vaccine or else be out of a job per some companies policies and they will be denied collecting unemployment . You don't want it , then be prepared to face the consequences.

correcaminos

Truthfully I agree with this partially but maybe not to the extend that others meant it. As I believe someone else mentioned, even if we have high vaccination rates in the US, we really need this to eventually occur worldwide. Which is why I believe the virus will be around for the foreseeable future. Now, holding this opinion doesn't mean I think we should do nothing. Making that connection would be an inaccurate assumption. And there are obvious things we can do in order to better manage and prevent outbreaks...like the freakin vaccine.
I get that, but for even a year now (long before vaccines were available) people have been saying it but in a way that is just "let it go, because nothing we can do about it". It may be around for a while, but we have the ability to make it not a worry for the vast majority of people at worst. We're just not doing what we should. Like you said the vaccine is one we need to do and many aren't!

wutisgood

Not sure why you would volunteer to work that you went to Florida. We always keep our out of house plans on the QT except for those who need to know, like someone watching the house, getting the mail, etc.
My work knows that I go to Florida every year for Halloween stuff as does the rest of my family/friends. Sure I could lie and just not get tested coming back from one of the most infected areas in the world, but I try to not be

Last edited by a moderator:

Heppenheimer

Or would could solve it by pulling over the sober drivers. Sounds familiar, can’t quite place it…
Police tend to do that on days traditionally associated with high degree of drunk driving. Being a non-drinker (used to love beer but can't tolerate alcohol anymore), I appreciate that if I need to drive somewhere on New Years or St. Patrick's Day.

Kind of like how getting vaccinated and wearing masks makes sense for everyone when a disease has a particularly high prevalence.

Willmark

Police tend to do that on days traditionally associated with high degree of drunk driving.
Yeah, not a fan of guilty until proven innocent.

As for the correlations to masks, I don’t think that’s been discussed enough around here. Particularly as it relates to wearing them in the parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom