Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Moderate

Some of these past few pages leaves me shaking my head. Honestly, I don't understand the comments of just shutting everything down for 30 days and not caring about the millions of people and businesses that will be destroyed. There's no logic or reasoning behind it and that goes for moderation as well. We have something that works, it's called a vaccine and with properly taking care yourself and also taking some precautions, you can avoid the devastation and economic collapse.

Then you have those who absolutely refuse the vaccine, seem to care less about anyone else, and appear to be proud of it. I don't understand this mindset at all. We can beat this by using the tools that are available to us and understand that in this case, we're all in this together. I believe in being an individual and self reliance is a noble cause, but there's times when the greater good is worth a sacrifice and slight bend in your principals.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Funny thing in my vaccinated moderate case I had no nasal congestion ever.( obviously there was virus in nasal cavities since swabs were positive) . Instead it started in my throat ( perhaps initial particles were mouth breathed in, ( singing in church) and quickly progressed to lungs. June no one was wearing masks.

Four days later in ER the diagnosis was covid with bronchitis. Never had any nasal issues nor loss of taste/smell. But had every other symptom ( no headache either) .

I would have thought though I would have had nasal symptoms at some point as the virus spread. But there are aspects of biology I am still ignorant of.
My 95% chance I had covid (before the panic) involved GI symptoms…

bodies do what they want

sullyinMT

Im with you…

Ok…how do we do it?
My oldest’s scout camp was cancelled due to a facility outbreak 3 days before we were to leave. He was spitting fire that there was no vaccine mandate for camp and staff.

If more things like this occur, as they’re sure to do, it may be just as much an impetus for reluctant parents as fear of the current wave has been for the GP (meaning we’re seeing a current uptick in newly vaccinated again).

Hopefully enough parents, anyway, to make a dent. There are of course some number of lost souls who won’t be won. And businesses making it a requisite of employment is probably the quickest way to mandate by any other name.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Some of these past few pages leaves me shaking my head. Honestly, I don't understand the comments of just shutting everything down for 30 days and not caring about the millions of people and businesses that will be destroyed. There's no logic or reasoning behind it and that goes for moderation as well. We have something that works, it's called a vaccine and with properly taking care yourself and also taking some precautions, you can avoid the devastation and economic collapse.

Then you have those who absolutely refuse the vaccine, seem to care less about anyone else, and appear to be proud of it. I don't understand this mindset at all. We can beat this by using the tools that are available to us and understand that in this case, we're all in this together. I believe in being an individual and self reliance is a noble cause, but there's times when the greater good is worth a sacrifice and slight bend in your principals.
I heard the same thing about “business being destroyed” last year…but rest assured - the rich that Control policy are much richer now.

It all worked out 👍🏻

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My oldest’s scout camp was cancelled due to a facility outbreak 3 days before we were to leave. He was spitting fire that there was no vaccine mandate for camp and staff.

If more things like this occur, as they’re sure to do, it may be just as much an impetus for reluctant parents as fear of the current wave has been for the GP (meaning we’re seeing a current uptick in newly vaccinated again).

Hopefully enough parents, anyway, to make a dent. There are of course some number of lost souls who won’t be won. And businesses making it a requisite of employment is probably the quickest way to mandate by any other name.
So you’re saying that people that haven’t done the smart thing because of their own weird concoction of hate/disgruntlement/politics might now be inclined to “come around”??

…ok

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Im with you…

Ok…how do we do it?
Did you not read to the bottom? More employer vaccine mandates and more public venues with large crowds limiting access to only fully vaccinated people. That would be a good start. Some large corporations have stepped up and made vaccines a requirement for employment, I believe many more will follow once the vaccine gets full approval. We will hit a tipping point where companies don’t want to be on the wrong end of the issue so will follow the pack. As far as public venues, it’s trickier to do, but things like lollapalooza did it and early indications are it was a big success. We aren’t likely to see a point where you need proof of vaccination to enter a grocery store or a mall, but larger crowd venues it should appen for sure. The courts are already intervening on States that overreached and attempted to an this.

sullyinMT

So you’re saying that people that haven’t done the smart thing because of their own weird concoction of hate/disgruntlement/politics might now be inclined to “come around”??

…ok
No, I said the reluctant/lazy/too selfish to be bothered before. Some of those might be disgruntled to a degree but not in a spitting hornet angry sort of way.

The other sentiments you mention will likely require the strong arm of their employer or favorite bar’s attendance policy (not that the latter is likely to change, either).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Did you not read to the bottom? More employer vaccine mandates and more public venues with large crowds limiting access to only fully vaccinated people. That would be a good start. Some large corporations have stepped up and made vaccines a requirement for employment, I believe many more will follow once the vaccine gets full approval. We will hit a tipping point where companies don’t want to be on the wrong end of the issue so will follow the pack. As far as public venues, it’s trickier to do, but things like lollapalooza did it and early indications are it was a big success. We aren’t likely to see a point where you need proof of vaccination to enter a grocery store or a mall, but larger crowd venues it should appen for sure. The courts are already intervening on States that overreached and attempted to an this.
So the “free market” then?

I can see just a problem or two with that…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No, I said the reluctant/lazy/too selfish to be bothered before. Some of those might be disgruntled to a degree but not in a spitting hornet angry sort of way.

The other sentiments you mention will likely require the strong arm of their employer or favorite bar’s attendance policy (not that the latter is likely to change, either).
How do you stop
Those that will BENEFIT for playing the heel? Cause sadly there are wide areas where that will enrich them too

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You took all the toilet paper?
…yep…and the price still hasn’t come
Down, baby!!!

1628802818906.gif

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
is the pandemic will ending for USA by end of the year or early 2022, as the pandemic will continue for the rest of the world for next several years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom