Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you on the lab leak theory, but even without that, China did lack transparency early on to the detriment of other countries. It is unfortunate that people are taking out their anger on people from China, but calling out a country for doing bad things isn't racist.
There is more evidence that it came from the lab then there is that it came from a wet market. the anger is with the Chinese governmen.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Stating that it might be a lab grown virus in and of itself isn't racist rhetoric. It's the addition of the good old American vaccine part of it really brings it over the line. And considering how many Asians are getting victimized in the street because of the whole blame China thing, regardless of what merit is there, people should be sensitive to what They are saying.
Oh stop. There is a difference between saying it was created in the lab and then released, compared to it was in the lab (natural origin) and accidently released. The latter is what experts seem to be looking at.

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I'll easily address the rest of what you said. There is no evidence to support the lab theory, and continuing to spew that racist rhetoric is not helping anybody. Please consider removing the post because it is really inappropriate. Like just about nothing in that entire post was appropriate other than the concept of get vaccinated.
Like, your personal feelings are totes adorbs. Like totally.

Sadly, your emotions don't matter. Would it be "racist" if somebody claimed it (or any other virus) leaked from a lab in the USA? And you seriously typed "like" as a filler. Wow

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Let’s not make fun of people for grammar or I’m pretty screwed. ☹️
If a person uses "like" as a filler in verbal conversation, I understand. We've all most likey done it at one time or another. But to physically type it out is a bit odd, IMO. But I agree. And I apologize , @KrzyKtty .

Wendy Pleakley

When the line between satire and reality continues to blur...

1626815055215.png

Christi22222

You are a grown adult on an unofficial Disney fan forum rattling your saber about your personal perceived level of high ground(accountability), in comparison to others who you have never met.

I do not know you personally but I would bet dollars to donuts that you are not participating in any other online forums (Or in person), discussing accountability of the many people in this world who are responsible for tragedies that cause violence and death far more extreme than this virus could ever produce.

You are correct. You don't know me. And yet you are rude and condescending because you *perceive* that I am claiming high ground. I absolutely advocate on many levels for the issues I find important in this world. Many are literal tragedies. My personal opinion is that this world changing pandemic counts as one of them. And yeah, I get to judge how others are contributing to this s*%t show. Same as you. But thanks for reminding me why I usually stick to lurking during my 10+ years on this forum. You clearly think you are the only one qualified to hold the high ground. I won't respond to you again.

RobbinsDad

Stating that it might be a lab grown virus in and of itself isn't racist rhetoric. It's the addition of the good old American vaccine part of it really brings it over the line. And considering how many Asians are getting victimized in the street because of the whole blame China thing, regardless of what merit is there, people should be sensitive to what They are saying.
The only thing inappropriate about my post was saying the vaccine was American-made. I did not realize BioTech was a German company. Pfizer is most definitely an American corporation. So yay for international cooperation.

Vegas Disney Fan

I voted for the guy and I'm fully vaccinated. 2 shots of moderna to be exact.
I didn’t vote for him but lean right and have both my shots, the majority of my family did vote for him though and they are all vaccinated. Some people will unfortunately let politics sway their decision but in my experience that’s the exception rather than the norm.

Some of my furthest right friends are vaccinated, some of my furthest left friends aren’t, one specifically because he is a naturalist (not sure if that’s the right term but he only eats organic, thinks GMOs are killing everyone, etc) and equates the vaccines to putting unknown chemicals in his body, he’s already had Covid so he feels content his natural antibodies will protect him. Another left leaning friend won’t get it because her brother is a chiropractor and advised their family against it.

Theres a lot going into people’s decisions, saying it’s all politics is missing the bigger picture.

Disney Experience

But, we do know, because we've understood the process of how cells transcribe proteins for decades. And we also know that mRNA gets used once, then is immediately degraded into its constiuents parts. The unique sequence that encodes the spike protein ceases to exist after one use. There's nothing any more special about these strands of mRNA than the trillions of others that get transcribed, encoded and degraded daily in the cells of every living organism.
I think that the mrna strand may not degrade immediately. I thought the reason to use mrna vs just injecting the spike/s protein was to get multiple copies produced from a compromised cell for a given mrna. I do know it degrades over time or use ( article below is generic about mrna) but personally ignorant if it is a single use only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom