Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyCane

No you’re not wrong, it really is that simple.

Once Covid reached the US it was inevitable as to what happened and how it spread, it was never going to be stopped.

Why?

The most economically, religiously, politically, socially, ethnically, educationally diverse country on Earth was never going to have a unified response.

Of course that’s if one believes there is a single country to begin with. It can be argued there isn’t one anymore and the divide is accelerating.

YMMV.
It's not just the US. It wasn't controlled anywhere except for isolated Island/Continent countries. Some countries had lower spread due to a unified and strict response but it's not like any country stopped the virus in its tracks using mitigation measures that didn't involve a vaccine.

DisneyCane

True but we have no measure of that. The testing has shown a drop and a vulnerability to Delta so you can't count infected/recovered as immune. There simply is no data to decide how many, how much and if any immunity exists across the recovered. Some are yes, but to try to put a number on it is a futile exercise until more data is developed.
I'm pretty sure somebody posted a study a few days ago where the researchers took samples from lymph nodes to determine the lasting immunity from natural infection. Like vaccines, I wouldn't expect the immunity from natural infection to be 100%. However, if it is 80%+ and lasts for years there are a large percentage of people who are currently immune to infection.

Lilofan

No you’re not wrong, it really is that simple.

Once Covid reached the US it was inevitable as to what happened and how it spread, it was never going to be stopped.

Why?

The most economically, religiously, politically, socially, ethnically, educationally diverse country on Earth was never going to have a unified response.

Of course that’s if one believes there is a single country to begin with. It can be argued there isn’t one anymore and the divide is accelerating.

YMMV.
Unified response? , I don't see a country better than ours in that we have more vaccines than people that want them. The response of the drug companies was make as much vaccines to get shots in peoples arms. Blows my mind that there are still anti vaxxers out there that still don't believe .

Willmark

Unified response? , I don't see a country better than ours in that we have more vaccines than people that want them. The response of the drug companies was make as much vaccines to get shots in peoples arms. Blows my mind that there are still anti vaxxers out there that still don't believe .
I’m not sure what this has to do with my post.

Heelz2315

GMA had the Surgeon General on this morning and they flat out asked him if we were headed back to masks/social distancing and restrictions.
He said he does not believe the CDC will change or alter its stance on any of those.

he went on to say the best thing to do to keep yourself safe is get vaccinated.

it sounded like “nope we’re done. If you don’t want to get sick go get the vaccine. Otherwise we’re moving on”

Heppenheimer

View attachment 570957
I'm pretty sure somebody posted a study a few days ago where the researchers took samples from lymph nodes to determine the lasting immunity from natural infection. Like vaccines, I wouldn't expect the immunity from natural infection to be 100%. However, if it is 80%+ and lasts for years there are a large percentage of people are currently immune to infection.
You might be referring to something I posted, but that was about the enduring response to the Moderna vaccination seen in lymph node germinal centers, not natural infection. That article provided some limited hope that perhaps we won't need boosters in the immediate future based on the duration of the vaccine, although it didn't cover the possibility of an escape variant developing. And it was just a lab study, we need robust real world case data to follow up.

My apologies if you're refereing to another post.

JoeCamel

GMA had the Surgeon General on this morning and they flat out asked him if we were headed back to masks/social distancing and restrictions.
He said he does not believe the CDC will change or alter its stance on any of those.

it sounded like “nope we’re done. If you don’t want to get sick go get the vaccine. Otherwise we’re moving on”
Bigger fish to fry, the world needs a shot

DisneyCane

I agree with this attitude 100%.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes

So CDC will not changing back masks and social distancing, restrictions by fall/winter? Sweet.:cool:

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!

As it should be. They’ve done all they could and more at this point. Just keep offering the vaccine to those who finally come around, prep for vaccinating the under 12’s this fall, and then move on. Not much more you can do.

DisneyCane

As it should be. They’ve done all they could and more at this point. Just keep offering the vaccine to those who finally come around, prep for vaccinating the under 12’s this fall, and then move on. Not much more you can do.
Anecdotally, I have noticed more people at a few locations in the post-vaccination chairs than I have in a few months. I don't know if it's indicative of more people finally deciding to get vaccinated or just a coincidence related to when I happened to be in Publix or CVS.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

He's not talking about vaccination, he is talking about everything else that happened since the pandemic started. There is a more unified response on vaccines, but at the leadership level that hasn't even been consistent across the country.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It's not mentioned enough but look at your neighbors to the north. Our numbers are really low, we have a high vaccination rate and most people bought into working together. It's the main reason I don't understand the attitude of "I'm vaccinated so I don't care now".

I understand that attitude. The US government has made it free and easy for people to protect themselves but people are choosing not to accept it. You can only care so much for people who aren't interested in caring for themselves.

Jrb1979

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom