Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polkadotdress

It's not mentioned enough but look at your neighbors to the north. Our numbers are really low, we have a high vaccination rate and most people bought into working together. It's the main reason I don't understand the attitude of "I'm vaccinated so I don't care now".

Yup. If you don't get vaccinated, what happens to you is not my concern.
These words aren't mine, but they really struck me:

"One thing this vaccine wont solve or cure is selfishness or indifference to what is happening to our neighbors around us."

Jrb1979

"One thing this vaccine wont solve or cure is selfishness or indifference to what is happening to our neighbors around us."
Unfortunately since this started, that's pretty much been the attitude of the majority of people. For something that I hoped would bring people together, has instead pushed people even more apart.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
You have to stop with the doom and gloom 🙄. On second thought it doesn't matter if you're fully vaccinated, you don't want to protect yourself, you get whats coming. That's the narrative now right @DisneyCane , @GoofGoof , @danlb_2000, @Nick_A

Not sure why you use the word "narrative", sounds like you are implying it's a made up position. Cases, hospitalizations and deaths going forward are overwhelmingly going to be in the unvaccinated that is an indisputable fact.

DisneyCane

How is it selfish when a safe, effective and free vaccine is widely available? Is it my concern if someone decides to stab themselves in the eye?

Jrb1979

How is it selfish when a safe, effective and free vaccine is widely available? Is it my concern if someone decides to stab themselves in the eye?
IMO the goal should to be get as many vaccinated as possible so this will end. People should be encouraging others to get vaccinated. The attitude of I got mine so I no longer care doesn't help at all.

Lilofan

Hong Kong, South Korea (I suppose one could consider it an island given its pariah neighbour to the north, but it’s hardly isolated), and Vietnam. I realise the region has experienced a rise in numbers in recent months, but the overall picture is still very different from what we see in Europe and the US.
Taiwan does not play around. A friend and his family took a one year assignment . During quarantine the company he worked for installed cameras in the exterior of his rental home to ensure they did not break quarantine .

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
You have to stop with the doom and gloom 🙄. On second thought it doesn't matter if you're fully vaccinated, you don't want to protect yourself, you get whats coming. That's the narrative now right @DisneyCane , @GoofGoof , @danlb_2000, @Nick_A

2nd paragraph: “And the vast majority are either unvaccinated or have had one dose of the jab.”

Tells you all you need to know. Get. Your. Vaccine.

Jrb1979

2nd paragraph: “And the vast majority are either unvaccinated or have had one dose of the jab.”

Tells you all you need to know. Get. Your. Vaccine.
Agreed get you vaccine. It also doesn't mean you have to have the attitude of I got mine so I don't care anymore. Like I said we should be encouraging our neighbors to get vaccinated.

Maybe the rumor is true,. Those vaccinated don't talk to those not vaccinated.

I guess cause of the majority of Canadians bought into working together and getting vaccinated it's hard to relate to the attitude of I did my part I'm done.

Polkadotdress

IMO the goal should to be get as many vaccinated as possible so this will end. People should be encouraging others to get vaccinated. The attitude of I got mine so I no longer care doesn't help at all.
Asked...answered.

dreday3

Agreed get you vaccine. It also doesn't mean you have to have the attitude of I got mine so I don't care anymore. Like I said we should be encouraging our neighbors to get vaccinated.

Maybe the rumor is true,. Those vaccinated don't talk to those not vaccinated.

You're so dramatic!

If a person is dumb enough to choose not to get a vaccine, with all the info out there at this point, I'm not wasting words on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom