Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainsOfDisney

I’m tired of the sky is falling stuff also, especially when it’s based on data and quotes taken completely out of context. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with pointing that out.
And I’m tired of some posters completely dismissing concerns. When this all started I was told I was being an alarmist and “part of the problem” for suggesting the water parks wouldn’t reopen for summer 2020.

I was also told by the other side that I was part of the problem for continuing to stop by my local coffee shop (coffee is essential to me!!!).

Chi84

Premium Member
And I’m tired of some posters completely dismissing concerns. When this all started I was told I was being an alarmist and “part of the problem” for suggesting the water parks wouldn’t reopen for summer 2020.

I was also told by the other side that I was part of the problem for continuing to stop by my local coffee shop (coffee is essential to me!!!).
That’s not at all what @lisa12000 did; they were just pointing out the consistent lack of context in one person’s posts, which is a valid point, and shouldn’t have been criticized for it.

correcaminos

I'll admit I could have been more clear, lol. But really...the belittling, pigeonholing, and insulting that goes on throughout these forums is awful.
I do get what you are saying. Though reality I see is some do fall into boxes. I know I was totally the negative Nancy and I owned it. I do have issues with all extremes making comments that are either twisting or ignoring real data. Some people are all drama no matter where they fall and that's not helpful either. I have no issues calling out drama tbh, but that's me. Though I do put some on mental ignore now.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Random quote taken from early in this thread....

Mark me as saying fears of Coronavirus are far overblown. So far there have been somewhere around 2500 deaths....out of a population of 7.6 Billion people. A tragedy for 2500 families losing their loved ones, but nothing for the entire world to panic over.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
I’m with Joe👍👍👍👍 Not worried about another major outbreak, but I am concerned there will be unnecessary death and suffering among the unvaccinated. Since I can’t really do much to make the unvaccinated get the shot all I can do is hope for the best for them. If you don’t have the vaccine yet, get it done.
I'm already vaccinated since last April, it may longer protection for years as I hear the news about COVID-19 vaccine protection longer for years.

Trauma

Lives of some vaccinated people, vulnerable, and children will also be lost if the Delta (Or other variant) gains ground in the USA.
This will happen no matter what we do. Mitigation can only slow it.

At some point you will get a vaccine or catch covid.

Let’s say delta is transferable as the flu ( Not a flu comparison just a hypothetical) can you go your whole life without catching the flu?

We either mitigate forever or people get the shot.

TrainsOfDisney

Let’s say delta is transferable as the flu ( Not a flu comparison just a hypothetical) can you go your whole life without catching the flu?

That was the argument a year ago as well.

“Don’t wear masks, if you’re healthy your chances are low, there’s nothing you can do but live your life or hide in your basement.”

Jrb1979

I personally don't think we have to mitigate forever. I do think reopening of things should have been much slower then it is. My solution would have to been to continue with requiring proof of vaccine for sporting events for the rest of the year and slowly build up to full stadiums. Instead it feels like everyone they have decided the vaccine rates are good enough and Covid is over.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Mitigations are far less effective than the vaccines. Masking and distancing were necessary when there were no vaccines or they were not available to everyone. They helped and were the best defense we had at the time. Anyone who is not vaccinated is much better off getting the vaccine than continuing to wear a mask. For anyone who is vaccinated, all 3 vaccines are highly effective against all versions of the virus including the delta variant. Breakthrough infections are possible but still very rare and the chance of a serious outcome from a breakthrough infection is even more rare.

Mitigating forever was never on the table as a solution. The plan has always been to mitigate until a vaccine was developed and then vaccinate and then relax mitigations. That’s always been the plan and it’s exactly what we did. If people want to argue that the pace was too fast they have a right to that opinion but others have the same right to the opinion that the pace is just fine.

TrainsOfDisney

Ok so what’s your solution?

If your vaccinated you did your part.

You know some people won’t.

So what do you propose ?
My solution would be to continue to require masks and social distancing in public spaces where vacinated and unvaccinated mix. If performances / sports want to offer mask free and no social distanced shows they require a vaccine (like New York is doing right now)

This would go on until the proper % of the population was vaccinated.

Trauma

I personally don't think we have to mitigate forever. I do think reopening of things should have been much slower then it is. My solution would have to been to continue with requiring proof of vaccine for sporting events for the rest of the year and slowly build up to full stadiums. Instead it feels like everyone they have decided the vaccine rates are good enough and Covid is over.
Ok so a vaccine passport that appears, at least in the states, to be politically impossible and not going to happen.

Next idea?

Trauma

My solution would be to continue to require masks and social distancing in public spaces where vacinated and unvaccinated mix. If performances / sports want to offer mask free and no social distanced shows they require a vaccine (like New York is doing right now)

This would go on until the proper % of the population was vaccinated.
Ok so here we are at the heart of it all!

You want mitigation’s until the proper % of population is vaccinated.

Guess what that would be really swell.

To bad we have a massive population of “others” that are going to refuse unless forced.

So we will not reach that % you want to hit.

Now what?

Chi84

Premium Member
Individuals will always have different opinions on how much mitigation is too much or too little. Isn’t that why we have the CDC to come up with the guidelines? I didn’t particularly agree with everything they did at the beginning of the pandemic, but I followed their guidelines. I’m still doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom