Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainsOfDisney

Individuals will always have different opinions on how much mitigation is too much or too little. Isn’t that why we have the CDC to come up with the guidelines? I didn’t particularly agree with everything they did at the beginning of the pandemic, but I followed their guidelines. I’m still doing that.
Yes. You didn’t agree with the cdc until they flipped. I agreed with them until they flipped.

Chi84

Premium Member
Yes. You didn’t agree with the cdc until they flipped. I agreed with them until they flipped.
Right. I didn’t agree with them, but I did everything they said to do - staying at home, canceling all travel, wearing masks in public, etc. That’s what happens in society when individuals don’t make the rules.

Edit: That’s not really true. I actually did agree with a lot of the CDC’s recommendations when we knew nothing at all about the virus.

Jrb1979

Ok so a vaccine passport that appears, at least in the states, to be politically impossible and not going to happen.

Next idea?
Then you go the other root of slowly letting places of large gatherings to allow more attendance. Make It dependant on cases and vaccine rates. There is no way stadiums should be at full capacity already.

Individuals will always have different opinions on how much mitigation is too much or too little. Isn’t that why we have the CDC to come up with the guidelines? I didn’t particularly agree with everything they did at the beginning of the pandemic, but I followed their guidelines. I’m still doing that.
Yes it's why you have the CDC come up with guidelines. I just don't agree with how they said its up to businesses to enforce those not vaccinated to wear a mask. Since no one wants to go to the trouble dealing with that issue it's become basically no masks for everyone. I would be ok with that way of thinking if vaccination rates were much higher.

Trauma

I have agreed with them all along.

The learn more and adjust. That’s how it works.

It’s clear vaccinated people are at very safe and shouldn’t need to mask unless they choose.
Then you go the other root of slowly letting places of large gatherings to allow more attendance. Make It dependant on cases and vaccine rates. There is no way stadiums should be at full capacity already.

Yes it's why you have the CDC come up with guidelines. I just don't agree with how they said its up to businesses to enforce those not vaccinated to wear a mask. Since no one wants to go to the trouble dealing with that issue it's become basically no masks for everyone. I would be ok with that way of thinking if vaccination rates were much higher.
Yeah just not the answer at all sorry.

They say delta is so contagious you can just walk past someone for a second and catch it.

We either need to go into full lockdown and destroy they economy, or accept that unvaccinated people and a small number of vaccinated people will get sick and die.

Everything you suggest just slows the inevitable.

Chi84

Premium Member

You have a valid point. I would have preferred vaccine passports or some method of checking status. Apparently that was unworkable.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
👆👆👆exactly this.

All along I followed the guidelines and recommendations put out by the experts out there including the CDC, my state and local departments of health, and the medical community overall. I wore a mask, I distanced, I avoided crowds, I skipped travel, I didn’t see my family for holidays, my kids did virtual school when that was deemed necessary, when the vaccine was approved I waited my turn to get in line, I got the vaccine and I kept doing mostly everything above until the “experts” who were “following the science” told me it was OK for fully vaccinated people to get together indoors and then to not wear a mask outdoors and then to not wear a mask anywhere. The experts told me it’s OK to travel now that I’m vaccinated and it’s Ok to see my family again and go out to eat.

I respect everyone’s right to move at their own pace and do whatever they chose to do for themselves and their families. I have zero issues with anyone wanting to wear a mask still or wanting to avoid crowded places or deciding to continue staying home. It is getting old hearing people constantly challenge people who are just following the rules as they are laid out. Someone who is fully vaccinated who chooses to travel and visit WDW or see family or go to a sporting event in a sold out stadium is not doing anything wrong. If those same people choose to celebrate the occasions and celebrate the return to normal I really don’t see the harm in that either.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
You have a valid point. I would have preferred vaccine passports or some method of checking status. Apparently that was unworkable.
I posted a study a few weeks ago about the vaccine passports in Israel and one of the main conclusions they drew was that the passports helped get their economy open when they were in full lockdown, but they actually hurt the vaccine acceptance rate some. The passports gave the anti-vaxx and anti-government crowds ammo to say the government was forcing people to be vaccinated and that resulted in at least some people resisting the vaccine, especially in disenfranchised groups that already didn’t trust the government. Their conclusion was that the passports were critical to getting the economy open but should not be a long term solution.

Jrb1979

I posted a study a few weeks ago about the vaccine passports in Israel and one of the main conclusions they drew was that the passports helped get their economy open when they were in full lockdown, but they actually hurt the vaccine acceptance rate some. The passports gave the anti-vaxx and anti-government crowds ammo to say the government was forcing people to be vaccinated and that resulted in at least some people resisting the vaccine, especially in disenfranchised groups that already didn’t trust the government. Their conclusion was that the passports were critical to getting the economy open but should not be a long term solution.
It hasn't hurt vaccine hesitancy here and they have all but announced proof of vaccination to enter into Canada. The unfortunate thing is what's holding up the reopening of the border is the US not wanting any part of that.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It hasn't hurt vaccine hesitancy here and they have all but announced proof of vaccination to enter into Canada. The unfortunate thing is what's holding up the reopening of the border is the US not wanting any part of that.
You don’t have vaccine passports anything like what they did in Israel. It’s apples and oranges.

TrainsOfDisney

You keep saying that. In 2020 we had no solution.

It’s not 2020 anymore.

We have this medical miracle called a vaccine now.
The point is, even when we had no solution many members of this board were saying “we can’t hurt the economy! It’s only dangerous if you’re vulnerable!”

Now its “we can’t hurt the economy! It’s only dangerous if you don’t have the vaccine!”

I’m still not sure how masks and distancing hurt the economy.

Jrb1979

You don’t have vaccine passports anything like what they did in Israel. It’s apples and oranges.
Not really. It's not for every day life but to travel it be a requirement. There hasn't been any uproar over it and most are in favor of it. The problem is that for some reason the US wants no part of it

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Not really. It's not for every day life but to travel it be a requirement. There hasn't been any uproar over it and most are in favor of it. The problem is that for some reason the US wants no part of it
It’s not required for domestic travel, just international. Most people in the US have no problem with the requirement of a negative covid test for International travel.

Trauma

The point is, even when we had no solution many members of this board were saying “we can’t hurt the economy! It’s only dangerous if you’re vulnerable!”

Now its “we can’t hurt the economy! It’s only dangerous if you don’t have the vaccine!”

I’m still not sure how masks and distancing hurt the economy.
So for someone who has a clear memory of 2020 your not sure how mitigation’s hurt the economy?

Tell that to all the Cast members who lost their job.

seascape

The country is splitting. We have 13 states at 6 or more and all the rest at 5 or less. Those 13 states have 48% of all the US cases. Florida alone now has 16.48% of all the US cases. This is crazy! We need to get back to between 3 and 4 million vaccinations a day or face the fact that certain states will face quarantines. There is no reason that Arkansas, Missouri, Nevada, Utah, Wyoming and Florida are all at 10 or higher. We had Covid19 on the run and were down to just over 11,000 cases a day but thanks to these states we are up to an average of 13,596 a day and Florida is at 2,241. I an tired of saying it but take the shot, wash your hands and stay home if you are sick. Stop acting stupid! DO THE RIGHT THING!

Last edited:

Jrb1979

It’s not required for domestic travel, just international. Most people in the US have no problem with the requirement of a negative covid test for International travel.
It will be more then just a negative test required. When I got my second dose yesterday I was told to keep my copy as I will need to use it with my passport to travel.

Trauma

You mean the ones that Disney can’t rehire so they are offering a $1,000 bonus?
I’m missing your point.

Did they lose their job or not?

Are you making the point that now that mitigation’s are lifted they where able to find a higher paying job?

Well then let’s screw that up for them and lock it down again!

TrainsOfDisney

I’m missing your point.

Did they lose their job or not?

Are you making the point that now that mitigation’s are lifted they where able to find a higher paying job?

Well then let’s screw that up for them and lock it down again!
Who’s suggesting we lock anything down?

Masks and distancing is not “locked down”
Requiring vaccines for unmasked and at capacity theaters (nyc style) is not “locked down.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom