Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

havoc315

Herd immunity is tied to the specific variant. A more infectious variant, or a variant with a less effective vaccination, leads to need for a higher vaccination rate.

We are now seeing that play out, with infections growing again in Israel. What’s notable, 1/3rd of the new infections are even in fully vaccinated individuals. That‘s not to say vaccinations dont work — Infection rates would assuredly be MUCH higher without vaccinations.
And further, much of the infection spread is from unvaccinated people — If everyone was vaccinated, still might reach herd immunity.

But it‘s fair to say, as of now, Israel does not have herd immunity as to the Delta variant.
And low vaccination communities in the US are truly at risk for Delta:

Heppenheimer

I'm sure those that are following "the science" so closely, are surely you are aware of the newest studies out this week that are showing that covid infections, even mild ones, are being found to cause loss of brain "grey matter" - explaining why some lose taste/smell, etc.

But hey, good to go, right? Fully protected!
I saw it and sort of mentally filed it under my "Yet another reason to get vaccinated" file.

Tom P.

I have decided that, after 3702 pages, it's time to begin completely ignoring this thread. I don't think it's healthy for anyone anymore. And no one's perspective on anything has changed in a very long time. I doubt anyone here cares, but just letting everyone know that I'm out. See you in other threads!

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
I'm sure those that are following "the science" so closely, are surely you are aware of the newest studies out this week that are showing that covid infections, even mild ones, are being found to cause loss of brain "grey matter" - explaining why some lose taste/smell, etc.

So much for leaving the house again.
Aretha Franklin Swag GIF

hopemax

There are 131 new cases in Israel, that means 40ish people vaccinated and we don’t know their other comorbidities. Lab tests have shown the vaccine is still highly effective against delta. It’s not time to panic currently.
When I was looking at this this weekend, many of the new cases are in schools. One middle school had 44 new cases, another 15. They canceled the last day of school and tested everyone. The vaccinated people are the teachers/staff.

Tony the Tigger

The science and evidence says that if you are fully vaccinated you are "good to go" and the chance of getting infected and dying from COVID (no matter your age) becomes irrelevant in the scheme of the risk of dying from any cause. If you follow all the science/evidence, you should not dispute that fact. It is abundantly clear from studies in Israel and now data as other countries (USA and UK among others) become more vaccinated that this is true.

The negative developments are among people who aren't vaccinated. That's their choice. I don't agree with their choice but they have the right to make it.
We interpret the science and data differently.

1F926491-718C-465E-A440-0724327B1B5A.jpeg

Now, based on that info, I won’t be quivering under a table as I sometimes seem to be painted here for simply being realistic (nor was I at the height of the pandemic, unvaccinated.)

But I wouldn’t want the liability of telling someone they are “good to go” because that is simply not the case. I wouldn’t want to be the one to tell someone less informed to go do whatever you want, and then they come back and tell me they got infected. My advice would instead be to proceed with caution. That’s all.

You can play in the street all you want and then tell me you’re “good to go” playing in the street and the statistics are in your favor. It’s still not a smart thing to do (especially depending on the street where you live.)

Touchdown

When I was looking at this this weekend, many of the new cases are in schools. One middle school had 44 new cases, another 15. They canceled the last day of school and tested everyone. The vaccinated people are the teachers/staff.
Ah so prolonged, close encounter with multiple infected people in a poorly ventilated school. Again not worried at the moment.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Herd immunity is tied to the specific variant. A more infectious variant, or a variant with a less effective vaccination, leads to need for a higher vaccination rate.

We are now seeing that play out, with infections growing again in Israel. What’s notable, 1/3rd of the new infections are even in fully vaccinated individuals. That‘s not to say vaccinations dont work — Infection rates would assuredly be MUCH higher without vaccinations.
And further, much of the infection spread is from unvaccinated people — If everyone was vaccinated, still might reach herd immunity.

But it‘s fair to say, as of now, Israel does not have herd immunity as to the Delta variant.
And low vaccination communities in the US are truly at risk for Delta:

Well, let's dig a little deeper into Israel. Their 2 week average of cases is up 86% but 2 weeks ago they had 16 cases as their average and today its 29. That really isn't statistically significant but some articles and news outlets would have you think differently. Covid is all but smashed in Israel.

Sad fact is that Covid will most likely be lingering for a while, but not in the numbers we were seeing in January.

Capture.JPG

hopemax

Posted the study last week. Got a PM from one of our formers asking for a similar study in people that have been vaccinated :rolleyes: (because of the dangerous spike protein.) Ignored it.

However, within a few years, all studies will be conducted on adults who have A. Been vaccinated, B. Those that have had COVID, or C. People who have had both. Because those are all the types of adults that will exist. Fear mongering about the vaccines comes with an expiration date, eventually the choice of which group people will be in will be made for them (shuttled to Group B, one-by-one). So people really should be paying attention to these "what might happen if you get mild COVID" studies, because that's what they've decided they will do.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Well, let's dig a little deeper into Israel. Their 2 week average of cases is up 86% but 2 weeks ago they had 16 cases as their average and today its 29. That really isn't statistically significant but some articles and news outlets would have you think differently. Covid is all but smashed in Israel.

Sad fact is that Covid will most likely be lingering for a while, but not in the numbers we were seeing in January.

View attachment 565482
is US will not use masks and social distancing anymore after this is finally over soon?

GoofGoof

Premium Member

And data out of Israel. 👀

This is where statistics sometimes fail to tell the whole picture. The 7 day daily average of new cases in Israel stands at 42. That’s new cases a day in the whole country (equivalent to 1,500 cases a day in the US) . So when 1/3 are in vaccinated people that’s 14 breakthrough infections among 5-6M vaccinated people. The stat of 1/3 sounds a lot more ominous until you see the raw number.

Half the cases being in children is also not surprising since they decided to hold off on vaccinating teens under 18 due to the rare issues with heart inflammation. That was a mistake and it looks like they have changed course and started vaccinating kids now. I hope people in the US see this and react appropriately. There is a false narrative out there that kids don’t get Covid but it’s just not true. The vaccines work great but people just need to be wiling to use them 👍👍👍

Disstevefan1

View attachment 565482
Mainstream media headline: COVID CASES ALMOST DOUBLE IN ISRAEL IN THE PAST TWO WEEKS DESPITE THE VACCINE! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom