Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

spaldingclan

Nonsense. The data clearly supports this new variant is going to hit the USA hard like the UK. The UK is using Astra Zeneca and Pfizer. The USA using Pfizer and moderna. The only difference is the Astra Zeneca vaccine. Both countries have high vaccination rates, but also have similar traits of large unvaccinated sectors of people.

The only difference being the USA is still at around 10% Delta, where as the UK is now full 100% Delta. I'm sure the US are looking at the UK numbers with alarm.
not only are you super negative...you've yet to support your negative OPINION with facts from any experts

lisa12000

what is supported by data is that the Aztrazenica vccine is only about 50 to 60 % effective and the mrna ones are 95+
Can we please stop this nonsense about AZ! real world data has shown that AZ is just as effective against severe illness and death with the delta variant after two doses, abs there is little difference in transmission rate dropping after two doses against delta and certainly not 50%!!

Virtually everyone given AZ (over 40s) has been doubled doses now abs certainly will be by start of July - everyone under 40 plus the most vulnerable elderly and healthcare got Pfizer!

the rates are primarily going up in the unvaccinated population in big cities, areas with poor vaccination rates, and those with multigenerational households - this is not about vaccines it’s about demographics, it’s about our social and economic connections to India which seeded it all over the country in a primarily poorly vaccinated communities

do I think cases will be as bad in the US? Probably not as you have more time than we had to mitigate things - but it WILL go up in the unvaccinated communities that’s for sure. We also have massive issues within schools again - in ages 11-15 primarily but we aren’t recommending jabs for those age groups at all - that may be an issue! Not the vaccine

hopemax

what is supported by data is that the Aztrazenica vccine is only about 50 to 60 % effective and the mrna ones are 95+
Where did you get that? The study results from this week, are that against Delta, a 2-dose Pfizer is 96% efficacy and a 2-dose AstraZeneca is 92%, against hospitalization. (the study did not measure efficacy for Moderna)

The problem was a 1 dose AstraZeneca against Delta was only like 33%, while it was above 50% for a one dose against previous variants, including Alpha.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

I don't think they have as much data on that one because it was only recently approved in the UK where that variant is more prevalent.
My concern would be.. if delta takes off in the USA.. what if only the Pfizer vax people are safe?

I’m not trying to be doom & gloom.. I don’t think it’s realistic but I didn’t think it was realistic that Disneyland would be closed for a year.

Wendy Pleakley

I’m getting dizzy with all the back and forth!!!

Is it possible that the J&J isn’t effective with Delta?

It's a constant stream of new information and can cause those of us who have a choice of vaccines to be constantly second guessing and researching the "best" option.

At the end of the day, all vaccines offer great protection, especially as more people take them and herd immunity grows.

Also, there will be future boosters. If AZ or J&J are deemed to offer significantly less protection, people can be given an mRNA booster. Hopefully that isn't necessary until the rest of the world gets vaccinated.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Please do not spread incorrect information.
I'd be curious to how many people received which type/brand.

So far the US numbers don't support the notion that the Delta has invaded the country yet or the vaccines. Absolutely could change but right now I still have optimism as the title suggests. 👍

Communicora

Premium Member
My concern would be.. if delta takes off in the USA.. what if only the Pfizer vax people are safe?

I’m not trying to be doom & gloom.. I don’t think it’s realistic but I didn’t think it was realistic that Disneyland would be closed for a year.
I would imagine it has some effectiveness so if you are in an area with a high rate of vaccination it still wouldn't take off like it would in an area with a lower vax rate.

hopemax

I’m getting dizzy with all the back and forth!!!

Is it possible that the J&J isn’t effective with Delta?
We cannot say either way because Delta has not reached high enough levels in countries that use J&J.

The US, the EU and a few other countries have approved it early enough that when Delta reaches a higher level of prevalence in those places they can tally the results and make a finding. But we won't likely get the results until Fall. There is no way to have that information in advance. Those are the breaks with a novel virus.

Now, there is as of yet, no reason to expect large efficacy drops given how the vaccines have worked thus far with the other variants. But it is reminder that *waves hands* all of this is still "one step at a time, and see what happens" and not guaranteed success.

SamusAranX

I am starting to get concerned myself with Delta.

Reason being is that they are forcing us into the office beginning of July and about half of the company won't get vaccinated.

They are attempting to say that's not a concern because masking will be mandatory....but only when walking away from our desk in the break room. I.e., I will be in a small room, with just a cubicle wall, surrounded in the same air, all day, with maskless people. Sigh. I'm not worried about dying, but I am worried about getting sick or catching a resistant strain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom