Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobbinsDad

I enjoy reading your opinion as I do others on this topic and part of me agrees with you, but I want to point out something that I bolded. I firmly believe in people taking responsibility for their actions or in this case, their inactions, but your statement of let them suffer won't just fall on their shoulders. By their own reluctance, I call it stupidity in some cases, due to misleading information from certain sources in this country, will effect us all greatly. If rates do go up in the fall due to this variant and they just might, those unvaccinated people will cause a cascade event that could easily put us back in lockdown.

I dread this happening and honestly I fear it as this point, but sadly there's nothing we can do to get these misguided and in some cases, selfish people to get vaccinated. It's frustrating to say the least and I think too many are thinking that the virus is over and doing a end zone celebration. The Delta variant scares me and this virus seems to have more legs than a spider at this point.
I get it. That's said mostly in anger. I want things to turn around but I also despise the idea that those who embrace and spread fear and lies will get their lives back the same as me, and I certainly don't see any possibility of the non-vaxxers embracing reason without some sort of consequence. I find it so sad and ironic that the many of the same idiots who defend their choice not to fight the virus through vaccination based on personal liberty, are the same who would condemn someone for conscientiously objecting to armed conflict. Freedom isn't free - and that's from enemies seen and unseen.

Figgy1

Premium Member
My optimism is waning. Send sedatives.
1623952549472.png

dreday3

They did. Problem was they were also priests.. snake oil salesman.. worked on cars.. they did everything. Actually dentists is probably the wrong word for them but they did do things to teeth!

Priests...number of cavities dependent on number of sins confessed...

Willmark

They did. Problem was they were also priests.. snake oil salesman.. worked on cars.. they did everything. Actually dentists is probably the wrong word for them but they did do things to teeth!
I’m aware. Identifying them as dentist/barber/surgeons would only cloud the issue.

Dreaming of Disney World

The NY Times reported some more good new today. Wyoming is the only state still in double digits, with 10 per 100,000. On top of that only 12 states are at 6 or above.

6 states are at 1
11 states are at 2
9 states are at 3
10 states are at 4
3 states are at 5
3 states are at 6
3 states are at 7
2 states are at 8
3 states are at 9
1 state at 10

Hopefully, tomorrow or Friday (note the daily reports are actually yesterday's number) Wyoming will fall to single digits and we will never see another state in double digits. Using the 2021 US Census estimate of Wyoming's population being 573,909, the number of cases is currently 10.15 per 100,000.
Thanks for all your updates! I really like reading them.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Predictions from Vermont's chief medical officer for the state's COVID response (his predictions are for the country as a whole, not just for Vermont). And sorry the format is a little off, I directly cut and pasted this from an email:

• There will be a resurgence this winter among those who are unvaccinated because
  • No protection unless previously infected
Less mask use and distancing

More traveling

• Only 30% of ages 12-17 in U.S. have begun vaccine series, which is a problem for schools this winter
  • The schools and businesses that require vaccination will have a significant competitive advantage of those that do not for many reasons
Much more efficient operations

Less absenteeism due to illness

• The U.S. will miss the goal of having 70% of those 18 and above vaccinated by July 4th
If the current rate of vaccination remains unchanged, then we will reach 70% of those 12 and above on October 31

Need 80% - 90% to prevent outbreaks

• Transmission is occurring in health care settings as people let down their guard EVEN IN VERMONT where several staff tested positive after working with an asymptomatic patient
  • Vaccines continue to be effective against variants
However, data out of the U.K. show that two doses are needed to protect against the Delta variant (B.1.617.2) first detected in India

One dose was only 33% effective

https://www.bmj.com/content/373/bmj.n1346

Expect boosters to be available in the fall, especially for certain groups and those who are immunocompromised

So, once again, good job getting those vaccinations done, but we are not where we need to be yet to prevent trouble again thiswinter.
*No protection unless previously infected.

Lol

DonniePeverley

The UK and the US have approached the roll outs differently and have different vaccines. If you are implying US cases will shoot up, the data does not support that.

Nonsense. The data clearly supports this new variant is going to hit the USA hard like the UK. The UK is using Astra Zeneca and Pfizer. The USA using Pfizer and moderna. The only difference is the Astra Zeneca vaccine. Both countries have high vaccination rates, but also have similar traits of large unvaccinated sectors of people.

The only difference being the USA is still at around 10% Delta, where as the UK is now full 100% Delta. I'm sure the US are looking at the UK numbers with alarm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom