Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImperfectPixie

Sorry if I missed it in the previous 7730+ posts, but is anyone on here actually AT Disney World, in a resort, right now? I suppose some folks are there up until they close tomorrow at 5pm, right? That must be surreal...
I have a fairly close friend whose mom was in SERIOUS denial and just didn't want to come home from WDW even though dad is in high-risk categories. After me sending her many links to pass along, mom and dad finally started looking for flights home over the weekend. Earliest flight they could supposedly get was last night.

DisneyDebRob

Well this is not exactly comforting:

I just retired 9 months ago from the post office because of shoulder surgery. I believe this because I’ve seen it happen over and over for 35 years. I remember the anthrax threat where it took weeks to get proper gloves to use.

ImperfectPixie

21stamps

Can someone please explain to why anyone thinks they need to stock up on toilet paper for multiple weeks at a time?

Shouldigo12

Can someone please explain to why anyone thinks they need to stock up on toilet paper for multiple weeks at a time?
I'm going to guess this started because it was suggested by either the CDC, WHO, or both (I can't remember) that people slowly build up a two week supply of groceries so if they need to go into isolation, they don't have to go to the store. Key word here being slowly. Of course no one did that, so when it started becoming obvious that this was a serious situation everyone went out to get their supply...at the exact same time.

eliza61nyc

CDC just announced that 35% of the hospitalizations have been people ages 30-54.
Unclear of any deaths.
NJ has had 3 deaths of 50 year olds with no pre existing conditions

ImperfectPixie

I'm going to guess this started because it was suggested by either the CDC, WHO, or both (I can't remember) that people slowly build up a two week supply of groceries so if they need to go into isolation, they don't have to go to the store. Key word here being slowly. Of course no one did that, so when it started becoming obvious that this was a serious situation everyone went out to get their supply...at the exact same time.
I read in an early article that a patient had complained of stomach trouble. I have since read that those who present vomiting and/or diarrhea are VERY few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom