Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
oh my god. You have no idea how many of us go to the theme parks near us and how often we go. You complain about this ALL the time. Should I call you each time we go to another theme park? We just made Dollywood reservations. :D

It's a Disney-centric board, that's why people post mostly about Disney.

calm down, Beavis...you read to much into that.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
2.3M doses administered yesterday. 1.2M were new first shots, 900K in adults 18+. We are now up to 61.1% of adults with at least 1 shot, 8.9% short of the 70% July 4th target (23M more adults to go in 44 days). We need to average a little over 500K new adult first doses a day to reach that goal. I am cautiously optimistic that we will get there. We are also 1.3M second doses away from having over 50% of adults 18+ fully vaccinated. Could happen in the next day or 2.

On the total population stats we are now 3.6M first doses away from having the majority of Americans with 1 dose. That should happen this week. On the state front we have 20 states that already have the majority of their population vaccinated with at least 1 dose and 3 states where the majority of the population are fully vaccinated.

dreday3

We all have “common themes”...including the beaut in your mirror...

I took that as “I wish I had better regional parks around me...people are lucky/take them for granted”

that is by and large correct...human nature.

i’m all for callouts...save your ammo

I'll have some glass(es) of wine, read this again later, and reply. :D

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
2.3M doses administered yesterday. 1.2M were new first shots, 900K in adults 18+. We are now up to 61.1% of adults with at least 1 shot, 8.9% short of the 70% July 4th target (23M more adults to go in 44 days). We need to average a little over 500K new adult first doses a day to reach that goal. I am cautiously optimistic that we will get there. We are also 1.3M second doses away from having over 50% of adults 18+ fully vaccinated. Could happen in the next day or 2.

On the total population stats we are now 3.6M first doses away from having the majority of Americans with 1 dose. That should happen this week. On the state front we have 20 states that already have the majority of their population vaccinated with at least 1 dose and 3 states where the majority of the population are fully vaccinated.
The upward curve running headfirst into collision with the hardcore “resistance” group.

I hope i’m “surprised”...but not confident.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
We’re gonna grind to a halt around 70 here too...that’s a really bad sign on a national pattern. Hopefully nature behaves and saves the day. We’re not Strong or wise enough to do it any other way - it seems?

totally agree on the mask mandate. “We get to 80%...the masks are off...”
But morons would have dug in to fight the standard misdirection we see with everything these days...
Yeah, 80% of the population isn’t happening anywhere any time soon. 15% of the population still isn’t eligible. To get to 80% you would need 95% of eligible people to get vaccinated. Based on other places like Israel if we get to 60% of the total population vaccinated that should flatline cases. 70% of eligible people 12+ will get us close to 60% of the total population (or 72% of adults and 60% of kids 12-17). That should be the target. I am OK with just making the target 70%-75% of adults too. So far in PA the Governor is still sticking to the 70% of adults vaccinated and we drop mask mandates for everyone, not just the fully vaccinated. I think PA hit 70% of adults with 1 shot this past week, so mask mandates should be gone around the 3rd week of June assuming everyone goes back for shot 2. At a national level we should be at 60% of the population with at least 1 shot some time in July.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The upward curve running headfirst into collision with the hardcore “resistance” group.

I hope i’m “surprised”...but not confident.
The hardcore resistance group consists of about 20% of adults. We are at 61.1% with 1 shot now. That leaves us 18.9% or about 48M adults up for grabs. We get a little less than half those people to come in and we hit 70% of adults vaccinated. Anything more is just gravy up to a likely max of 80%. It is doubtful we can go any higher as the 20% have been firm since October and aren’t likely to budge. Polls have been consistent on that for months now. The real work is getting somewhere between 8.9% and 18.9% of the adult population to commit. I think we get there...it will just take some time.

Jrb1979

We all have “common themes”...including the beaut in your mirror...

I took that as “I wish I had better regional parks around me...people are lucky/take them for granted”

that is by and large correct...human nature.

i’m all for callouts...save your ammo
That's exactly what I was getting at. It's not that I don't think many of you don't go often. I don't expect much talk about them here. I guess what bugs me is how dismissive are of them.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah, 80% of the population isn’t happening anywhere any time soon. 15% of the population still isn’t eligible. To get to 80% you would need 95% of eligible people to get vaccinated. Based on other places like Israel if we get to 60% of the total population vaccinated that should flatline cases. 70% of eligible people 12+ will get us close to 60% of the total population (or 72% of adults and 60% of kids 12-17). That should be the target. I am OK with just making the target 70%-75% of adults too. So far in PA the Governor is still sticking to the 70% of adults vaccinated and we drop mask mandates for everyone, not just the fully vaccinated. I think PA hit 70% of adults with 1 shot this past week, so mask mandates should be gone around the 3rd week of June assuming everyone goes back for shot 2. At a national level we should be at 60% of the population with at least 1 shot some time in July.

It could have been graduated...percentages are our friends 😉

80% of 80% is 64...which is higher Than what the mask flinging numbers are now

This line - I read it. I read it to someone else (not my cat). Does not compute, please explain.
You do it too...as do I...

the call out was a little bush league in this

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That's exactly what I was getting at. It's not that I don't think many of you don't go often. I don't expect much talk about them here. I guess what bugs me is how dismissive are of them.

generally speaking...my opinion...the foul is not “Dismissive” of local parks...

it’s Denial they do anything well...and too much praise for...ahem...when they have fallen behind their own legendary pace in theme parks these last 20 years

correcaminos

Wait...you don’t trust the people?!?😡?!?

because the public has not earned that trust AT ALL. Look at the vax numbers...it’s spilt almost 100% on last years politics. So the sooner they get the word out...the faster the fake outrage can dissipate. The people have yielded their claim to the benefit of the doubt

the saying is:
“If you don’t want to have an inferiority complex...stop doing things that make you seem inferior!!!!”
What does public trust have to do with this? The media as a whole is sucking it up and making it worse feeding information that isn't even relevant at this time.

Sorry but the media has sucked this up from pretty much day 1

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Looks better that way, doesn’t it?

total not as much
FL is approaching 50% of the total population with at least 1 shot. Getting to 60% will be a challenge. IMHO there is a lack of effort on the part of the government. I’m seeing a lot more effort in other places. Add more incentives, add a lottery, add more convenient locations, drive to people‘s houses and inject them on the spot, whatever it takes. The largest group of people left to go are younger people so figure out what motivates them. How about a concert or series of concerts set up by local governments where the tickets cost $5,000 each but are free if you show proof of vaccination? Beats the ridiculous executive order since you aren’t requiring proof of vaccination to get in, just giving a discount off the price of admission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom