Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I know what I'm talking about more than you do regarding this.
Trust.

(I tried to post in riddles, but I just got confused...)

oh please with the "shocked" emoji reaction! šŸ˜‚

because you spat with him prior?

I have very few talents...unfortunately one of them is getting the gist of people on these boards rather easily. Itā€™s a gift and a curse.

in a rare curveball...Iā€™m calling for less conflict here. Occasionally even I make sense...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
FL is approaching 50% of the total population with at least 1 shot. Getting to 60% will be a challenge. IMHO there is a lack of effort on the part of the government. Iā€™m seeing a lot more effort in other places. Add more incentives, add a lottery, add more convenient locations, drive to peopleā€˜s houses and inject them on the spot, whatever it takes. The largest group of people left to go are younger people so figure out what motivates them. How about a concert or series of concerts set up by local governments where the tickets cost $5,000 each but are free if you show proof of vaccination? Beats the ridiculous executive order since you arenā€™t requiring proof of vaccination to get in, just giving a discount off the price of admission.

That would be a fail then. People canā€™t be expected to do what theyā€™re told by those that know more than they do.

itā€™s human nature...but itā€™s a failure of it. I donā€™t expect the world to change. But I wonā€™t make excuses for it either.

what government are we talking?? This could get rich if weā€™re concentrating on only the one that canā€™t get any cooperation?

dreday3

because you spat with him prior?

I have very few talents...unfortunately one of them is getting the gist of people on these boards rather easily. Itā€™s a gift and a curse.

in a rare curveball...Iā€™m calling for less conflict here. Occasionally even I make sense...

Funny, I have the same gift! :D

But at this point straying rather far from purpose of thread. Farewell!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What does public trust have to do with this? The media as a whole is sucking it up and making it worse feeding information that isn't even relevant at this time.

Sorry but the media has sucked this up from pretty much day 1
Not ā€œthe public trustā€...

itā€™s ā€œthe public shouldnā€™t be trustedā€

two different things...both are screwed up.

The media has ā€œsucked it upā€ because they are profit driven and that means the truth is not priority 1. Thereā€™s no way to make an excuse for that.

they do what you let them do...reminds me of media companies...and i have a hard time giving the poor people a pass for their part.

ā€œPeople canā€™t be expect not to believe UTTER crap??ā€

yeah...Iā€™ll be on this hill. Watching the recount coverage šŸ¤”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The hardcore resistance group consists of about 20% of adults. We are at 61.1% with 1 shot now. That leaves us 18.9% or about 48M adults up for grabs. We get a little less than half those people to come in and we hit 70% of adults vaccinated. Anything more is just gravy up to a likely max of 80%. It is doubtful we can go any higher as the 20% have been firm since October and arenā€™t likely to budge. Polls have been consistent on that for months now. The real work is getting somewhere between 8.9% and 18.9% of the adult population to commit. I think we get there...it will just take some time.

once the Pfize is approved for 2-12...that would account for about 96ish? Percent of the population....

which means 96% is possible. Thatā€™s the ā€œMaxā€

I keep looking at laws on the books that requires me to suffer fools...

canā€™t find them. Canā€™t find any that tell me I have to make excuses for them either.

this is the event (likely) of our lifetimes...and thanks to web/digital media/Disney +/Amazon...the record has been written in real time.

this is where ā€œIā€™m atā€

GoofGoof

Premium Member
once the Pfize is approved for 2-12...that would account for about 96ish? Percent of the population....

which means 96% is possible. Thatā€™s the ā€œMaxā€

I keep looking at laws on the books that requires me to suffer fools...

canā€™t find them. Canā€™t find any that tell me I have to make excuses for them either.

this is the event (likely) of our lifetimes...and thanks to web/digital media/Disney +/Amazon...the record has been written in real time.

this is where ā€œIā€™m atā€
Thatā€™s all fine and good, but not really a ā€œplanā€. Should mayors and governors and the president just throw their hands up and say they wonā€™t suffer fools? What does that get us? Iā€™m talking about real life solutions to get more people vaccinated. If the goal is 96% or itā€™s a failure then itā€™s a failure. The fact of the situation is we have to get more people to get vaccinated. Understanding why the unvaccinated people havenā€™t gone yet is key to getting them to go in.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Thatā€™s all fine and good, but not really a ā€œplanā€. Should mayors and governors and the president just throw their hands up and say they wonā€™t suffer fools? What does that get us? Iā€™m talking about real life solutions to get more people vaccinated. If the goal is 96% or itā€™s a failure then itā€™s a failure. The fact of the situation is we have to get more people to get vaccinated. Understanding why the unvaccinated people havenā€™t gone yet is key to getting them to go in.

oh I agree...thereā€™s still lots of problems that could be handled better. No argument there.
Thereā€™s just been this constant ā€œyou canā€™t expect people to do the right thing?ā€ Undertone thatā€™s gotten old.

as far as governors go...we arenā€™t talking about a state that spent a week investigating if they could ā€œblock extradition??ā€ (Da hell?) of a bunch of buffoons for old financial crimes...are we?

good news there is New Jersey wonā€™t šŸ˜‰ (that hasnā€™t popped up in anyoneā€™s mind yet)

Jrb1979

To be honest with the new recommendations the CDC put out this week and how many businesses just dropped masks completely makes me think they just threw their arms up and said good enough.

To your answer on get unvaccinated people to get vaccinated figure out what we are doing. The younger generation in Canada have been filling appointments non stop since it's been opened to them.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
To be honest with the new recommendations the CDC put out this week and how many businesses just dropped masks completely makes me think they just threw their arms up and said good enough.

To your answer on get unvaccinated people to get vaccinated figure out what we are doing. The younger generation in Canada have been filling appointments non stop since it's been opened to them.

that appears to be exactly what they did...but nobody will ever admit it...

until theyā€™re caught on a hot mic...sell their book on a press tour...or lose their seat and turn heel/tv pundit

seascape

The good news just keeps coming. There are now only 11 states with 11 to 15 cases per 100,000 and 10 states with 5 or less. The new 7 day average for the US is 25,676 or 7.75 cases per 100,000.

Regrettably, while Florida is down to 2,678 or 12 per 100,000. The bad news is that is now 10.43% of all the US cases. Cases in the country are dropping faster than anyone could have imagined. Hopefully tomorrow the number of states with 5 or less cases per 100,000 will be more than the number of states 11 or more and the average number of cases will fall below 25,000.

GaBoy

that appears to be exactly what they did...but nobody will ever admit it...

until theyā€™re caught on a hot mic...sell their book on a press tour...or lose their seat and turn heel/tv pundit
Yes. I have not been to a business this week that did not have a "NOW HIRING" sign or 6'x8' banner (Cracker Barrel) prominently displayed. At a local manager level I can't imagine enforcing (reduced staff) the actual mandate but it would have been refreshing to see (at least a policy) that they would have forced the great unvaccinated to lie. On the flip side I've never seen so many people wearing masks around here than this last week. I'm vaccinated and don't. I can only hope that it may have generated enough paranoia, with businesses not being the bulkheads, for some to motivate to protect themselves and take some personal responsibility.

Last edited:

Touchdown

Guys, for the first time in a month and a half first doses are up considerably nationwide this week. Remember, the vaccines per day include first and second doses, thatā€™s important because remember for the next 6 weeks 2nd doses are going to fall dramatically. So if those curves flatline or even experience an upswing that means a significant rise in new first doses and look at graphs nationally:

96DADB1B-C73A-4FCB-8743-96300F3B6FF5.jpeg

But thatā€™s only due to the lottery states right, well it is up in those states:

4E31B09A-53D5-45CB-BDE7-A62FB9F241EC.jpeg
6CB9885B-E47E-4082-84DD-20329912F23E.jpeg

But itā€™s not confined to them;
6903FA75-8878-4FBB-B59F-AA6440802C08.jpeg
E8443D64-612C-4C2D-BD29-50A37D17EE7B.jpeg

It seems that the no mask for the vaccinated announcement has actually convinced a sizable amount to jump in. And if you still donā€™t believe me, the cdc separates the two groups, here it is plain as day:

049FBE8C-3F51-4F24-BDB6-3D3CC1F8BAB2.jpeg

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Guys, for the first time in a month and a half first doses are up considerably nationwide this week. Remember, the vaccines per day include first and second doses, thatā€™s important because remember for the next 6 weeks 2nd doses are going to fall dramatically. So if those curves flatline or even experience an upswing that means a significant rise in new first doses and look at graphs nationally:

View attachment 559577
But thatā€™s only due to the lottery states right, well it is up in those states:

View attachment 559571View attachment 559572

But itā€™s not confined to them;
View attachment 559573View attachment 559574

It seems that the no mask for the vaccinated announcement has actually convinced a sizable amount to jump in. And if you still donā€™t believe me, the cdc separates the two groups, here it is plain as day:

View attachment 559575
Very true. Some of the new first shots are kids 12-15 but there also appears to be a small uptick in 18+ first shots. At a minimum we are seeing a plateau in rate of first shots. Itā€™s a good sign since the plateau appears to be several hundred thousand shots above the daily average needed to reach 70% of adults with 1 shot by July 4. If this rate holds for the next few weeks we should have no problem hitting that target. Even if it drops off again we still have a pretty good shot of hitting it. I think this small uptick may have something to do with the CDC guidance and employers enforcing them. Some states are also ramping up programs to increase shots. Things like lotteries, targeted vaccine clinics and PR campaigns are probably also helping some. Whatever the cause itā€™s a positive development to see the curve stop declining.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Lol...we are celebrating the public being treated like toddlers that complain more...

the ā€œlittle society that couldā€

But hey...I want it all to be over/managed too. Tired of this. Tired of it being the first/second thing I think about pretty much everytime I walk out of the house.

hopefully a combination of nature and pharma is enough to do the trick?

florida...However...is still an embarrassment. Chronically dumb...with good weather.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Outside of theme parks in FL that just dropped masks outdoors for everyone (not recommended by the CDC) most businesses didnā€™t drop masks completely. Thereā€™s a big difference between saying fully vaccinated people no longer need to wear a mask and just dropping masks. The area where the most progress has been made is on the employer side. Iā€™m seeing more and more businesses adopting the CDC policy and requiring people be vaccinated to drop the masks. If you are unvaccinated whatā€™s a bigger incentive to get vaccinated: not having to wear a mask for 8+ hours a day while working or not having to wear a mask for 15 minutes while you run into Target for a few things? Clearly the bigger motivator is on the employer side and that appears to be working in a lot of cases.

On the second part, you are missing the point. There was a time here too where people were filling appointments non-stop. We figured out pretty easily how to handle that rush. We are in a new phase of the vaccine rollout where you have to pull in the hesitant and the people not rushing to get vaccinated. If people were still filling appointments non stop there would be no need for a strategy. There are states here where the vaccination rate is much higher than others. It is not helpful for Mississippi (lowest rate) to try to follow the plan used in Vermont (highest rate). Each state and even areas within each state need to address their own situation with different plans. One plan doesnā€˜t work for everyone. A plan to get inner city residents in Miami needs to be a lot different than the plan to get people in rural Mississippi or a plan to attract young adults anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom