Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Over 3,000 new cases reported in Florida today. There’s no hope for Florida. This is here to stay. There seems to be no end in sight. I’m so upset 😭
FL isn’t quite there yet on vaccinations. The state is slowly approaching 50% of the population with 1 dose. We probably need to get closer to 60% to see cases flatline and stay down. It can still happen but it will take time. It would be nice to see the government make a better effort to get more people vaccinated, but that’s unlikely to happen. FL still has a high level of the variants circulating. As we saw first hand up here in the NE a month ago, the variants do cause a spike in cases. People didn’t start acting differently to cause our spike. It was the variants and luckily the vaccination levels were high enough to keep the spike smaller and make it shorter lived than past spikes.

Jlwise2021

Orange County, FL report for the 14-day positivity— things look really good 😀
D4460C56-A2A0-4D6B-8A59-B5632F15F081.jpeg

TXRob

From the beginning we have heard “We just have to live with it.” Even with incredibly effective vaccines and enough doses for everyone from the beginning it has been accepted that a sizable chunk of the population will not get it even though near universal vaccination has been accomplished in the past. We have seen how changing things can have other benefits but again, we can’t implement things like wearing masks when feeling ill because that’s not “normal.” We can’t build building less dependent on air conditioning because that’s not “normal”. We can’t have more generous sick time because that’s not “normal.” We can’t have more walkable communities because that’s not “normal.” We can’t address why our general health is poor because the reasons that make access to healthy foods and exercise difficult are “normal”.
“Access to exercise”……thought I had seen it all on this forum 👌🏻

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If FL drops below 2,000 cases a day then they will jump all the way to lowest level since June 2020. That will be a fantastic thing to see. Hope the rate of decline persists.

Vaccination levels are still sad. Nothing likely stubbornly not addressing a problem. I expect nothing more.

Over 3,000 new cases reported in Florida today. There’s no hope for Florida. This is here to stay. There seems to be no end in sight. I’m so upset 😭

Hopefully that is NOT the case

correcaminos

its 95 degrees...

of course the numbers are trending down. Nature.

but the wise move is for everyone to do more.

ARMS

OUT

!!
It was actually about that here yesterday and I swore Orlando was 10 degrees colder.

We definitely want space from others when it's hot lol

But really unless more get vaccinated I'm unsure what else we can do.

I did get an email today about VIP services and oddly they still mention needing to do temp checks. Not sure how they can make us mask outdoors too now ugh

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It was actually about that here yesterday and I swore Orlando was 10 degrees colder.

We definitely want space from others when it's hot lol

But really unless more get vaccinated I'm unsure what else we can do.

I did get an email today about VIP services and oddly they still mention needing to do temp checks. Not sure how they can make us mask outdoors too now ugh

rocking 94 outside Philly today...

the locals want to kill each other more than they usually do 🤪

Tom P.

I can't stand this kid of thing. This is the top story on CNN's Web site. And it's all about boosters. Yet the entire thing is nothing but speculation. Even the quotes from Dr. Fauci say that. There is currently zero evidence -- absolutely none -- that boosters will be required. Right now, we have documented studies showing that immunity is just as strong after six months. That's the farthest it's been tested so far. Yet CNN makes it their top article that we may start needing boosters soon.

This kinda thing just keeps people worried ("Is my Covid shot still good???") and helps drive vaccine hesitancy ("I'm not doing something where I have to get a shot every 6 months!"). It is irresponsible. We need to be talking about just how good the vaccine is and how long immunity has lasted so far. If it eventually wears off, or a variant develops that evades it, then we can deal with that at the time. But that doesn't need to be the conversation right now.

Last edited:

correcaminos

I can't stand this kid of thing. This is the top story on CNN's Web site. And it's all about boosters. Yet the entire thing is nothing but speculation. Even the quotes from Dr. Fauci say that. There is currently zero evidence -- absolutely none -- that boosters will be required. Right now, we have documented studies showing that immunity is just as strong after six months. That's the farthest it's been tested so far. Yet CNN makes it their top article that we may start needing boosters soon.

This kinda thing just keeps people worried ("Is my Covid shot still good???") and helps drive vaccine hesitancy ("I'm not doing something where I have to get a shot every 6 months!"). It is irresponsible. We need to be talking about just how good the vaccine is and how long immunity has lasted so far. If it eventually wears off, or a variant develops that evades it, then we can deal with that at the time. But that doesn't need to be the conversation right now.
This kind of thing really ticks me off. It's causing people to not vaccinate too, no joke.

Patcheslee

Think the most oddball argument I have read from a single person is they won't get vaccinated because there's still a <1% chance of still catching it after vaccination so it doesn't work. Yet in the same sentence say they won't get vaccinated because their chance of getting covid is <1% without being vaccinated.
In their mind <1% is only a good thing if it requires them to do nothing new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom