Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patcheslee

Rumor has it Disney is capitalizing on the opportunity with a special Cicada and Booze Festival at Epcot. Collectors magic band, popcorn buckets, and cupcakes will be available to enhance that magical memory.
The magical memory will hopefully be we'll be in Florida when Indiana is at it's peak for these zombies.

Chomama

This is absolutely the best way to get people vaccinated. That’s a real life huge benefit for the people who get vaccinated and that’s exactly how it should work. It’s too bad more employers don’t follow this example. We would be at 80%+ adults with 1 shot by Memorial Day.
This is a slightly silly but true story. I went to physical therapy today and there is one employee there who is 21 years old and is the only person not vaccinated in the building. Every time I go I give him a hard time about not getting the shot yet. He had Covid this year so he isn’t really worried about it but he knows he needs to get it eventually. It’s a good natured relationship. Anyway today I went in and he said “guess what you’re going to be so proud of me! I got my first shot.” And I was like “oh yeah is that because you can finally take your mask off if you get it?”And he said “no I have a friend whose mom will not let any of us come over to their lake house until we have the shot. Summer is here and we need to be able to use the lake!” 😂😂 moms unite to get these lazy college boys to the clinic!

disneygeek90

The Strolling Piano is back! First time I’ve seen since the reopening. Lots more live music going on

A86E48E6-0F93-4E87-A3B9-1E61181CB115.jpeg

Last edited:

seascape

As the week closes so does the daily reported cases of over 30,000 a day in the US. Today is a great day, the US is now averaging 28,933 cases a day and dropped 4% in one day. The average number of cases per 100,000 is now 8.73. There are now only 15 states with cases of 11 to 16. Yes, the top two states for cases are Michigan and Maine are down to 16 cases per 100,000. With 10 days left in the month how many of those 15 states will be left at 11 or above on June 1? Better yet what day will the US fall below 20,000 cases a day? When will the CDC finally admit we broke the back of Covid19? As for Florida. I am still disappointed with Florida's average of 2,839 cases or 13 per 100,000. I know it's improvement but slower than it should be.

Patcheslee

Just looking at Indiana vaccination rates this morning, noticed they have added breakthrough cases that will be updated every Thursday. (Currently at .05%)
Any other states reporting these now?

GaBoy

Just looking at Indiana vaccination rates this morning, noticed they have added breakthrough cases that will be updated every Thursday. (Currently at .05%)
Any other states reporting these now?
I read that the CDC is not tracking any breakthrough that does not result in hospitalization or death any longer. Haven't checked Georgia's site specifically to see if they even track that, but imagine they all do.

The Mom

Premium Member
I think a lot of people have a lot of different reasons for not being vaccinated. Some of it is political, some of it is old school anti-vaxx stuff (around safety and long term impacts) and some is just apathy. It’s the 3rd group that is most easily reached and based on recent polling is the largest group left. That group will get us from 60% to 70% of adults eventually. Those are people who aren’t afraid of the vaccine and also aren’t opposed to it politically they just haven‘t gotten around to getting it. They don’t need convincing, just motivation to get in and get it done.
Many people are resistant because of potential side effects, which mean they have to plan on having some downtime - times 2 - after getting the shot. So lost days where they will be staying at home because they are sick. So they are checking calendars to see if the stars will align, without finding a convenient time to be sick.

dreday3

I read that the CDC is not tracking any breakthrough that does not result in hospitalization or death any longer. Haven't checked Georgia's site specifically to see if they even track that, but imagine they all do.

At some point when cases stay flat, we don't need to be tracking any cases that don't result in hospitalizations and death to the extent we do now - meaning we don't need a daily report from each state.

Hoping that part ends soon.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Many people are resistant because of potential side effects, which mean they have to plan on having some downtime - times 2 - after getting the shot. So lost days where they will be staying at home because they are sick. So they are checking calendars to see if the stars will align, without finding a convenient time to be sick.
Agreed, that‘s partially why I suspect the doses have been much higher towards the end of the week and on the weekends since appointments became readily available. That’s also why I’m optimistic that we still get a number north of 70% of adults vaccinated. It will just take some time, but we will get there :)

Heppenheimer

COVID is still a reportable disease, so they are tracking these cases... but they might not necessarily have a rigorous database that is able to identify if the case represents vaccine breakthrough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom