Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainAmerica

I had to show my ID the other day while shopping and the clerk handed the ID back and said "What's that star thing in the corner? Is that something that means you got vaccinated or something?! I ain't getting one of those." I told him "No. That star is there from the BMV to show this is a RealID certified driver's license." He still didn't know what I was talking about.
View attachment 559118
It's so bizarre to me that some places don't have Real ID. I've had it since 2014? I didn't have any choice in the matter it's just... what you got.

Kevin_W

It's so bizarre to me that some places don't have Real ID. I've had it since 2014? I didn't have any choice in the matter it's just... what you got.

I don't have it yet. I think 2023 is when my license expires and I have to get it, otherwise I need to make a special trip to the BMV (ugh). I'll probably just use my passport for flying instead.

cjack300zx

Corporate email went out today: following CDC guidelines all US sites (we are a factory) may now allow fully vaccinated employees to work without a mask. Fully vaccinated is past the 2 weeks of either 2nd dose, or 2 weeks after J&J dose. All employees who wish to work unmasked must have their vaccination validated and will either be given a sticker for their badge, band or other identification that must be displayed at all times. Screening and social distancing will continue for all employees. Employees may also request a waiver, medical proof of inability to receive the vaccine required and will be determined on a case by case basis. i.e individual does not perform work that requires them to be within 6th of others.
I've already heard a whiner saying "I haven't gotten the vaccine, how is that fair" :rolleyes: Tomorrow, anyone who decided to receive the vaccine on site that was held, will be considered fully vaccinated. Everyone has had plenty opportunity at least at work, and no one was turned away.
The only part we are waiting on is how our plant chooses to validate eligible people.
Also they are assessing office workers coming back on a voluntary basis beginning in June.
Doing the same at my job. Had one person tell me” they are only doing this to force people to get the vaccine so can say the whole thing is NOT a hoax “.

lazyboy97o

I don't have it yet. I think 2023 is when my license expires and I have to get it, otherwise I need to make a special trip to the BMV (ugh). I'll probably just use my passport for flying instead.
My passport is my preferred form ID because I have found that people don’t question it. I’ve been in situations where people have been turned away for things like professional testing because the address on their license is not current even though to residency documentation is required if you show a passport.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Corporate email went out today: following CDC guidelines all US sites (we are a factory) may now allow fully vaccinated employees to work without a mask. Fully vaccinated is past the 2 weeks of either 2nd dose, or 2 weeks after J&J dose. All employees who wish to work unmasked must have their vaccination validated and will either be given a sticker for their badge, band or other identification that must be displayed at all times. Screening and social distancing will continue for all employees. Employees may also request a waiver, medical proof of inability to receive the vaccine required and will be determined on a case by case basis. i.e individual does not perform work that requires them to be within 6th of others.
I've already heard a whiner saying "I haven't gotten the vaccine, how is that fair" :rolleyes: Tomorrow, anyone who decided to receive the vaccine on site that was held, will be considered fully vaccinated. Everyone has had plenty opportunity at least at work, and no one was turned away.
The only part we are waiting on is how our plant chooses to validate eligible people.
Also they are assessing office workers coming back on a voluntary basis beginning in June.
This is absolutely the best way to get people vaccinated. That’s a real life huge benefit for the people who get vaccinated and that’s exactly how it should work. It’s too bad more employers don’t follow this example. We would be at 80%+ adults with 1 shot by Memorial Day.

ABQ

My passport was up for renewal before RealID was available here via BMV. The passport card is the most useful traveler’s tool I now have.
Been using such a card for a while as here in NM, they only just began issuing Real-ID compliant licenses a year or so ago. Though I still run into many a TSA person who doesn't know what a passport card is.

sullyinMT

Been using such a card for a while as here in NM, they only just began issuing Real-ID compliant licenses a year or so ago. Though I still run into many a TSA person who doesn't know what a passport card is.
It does still happen, and it’s bizarre they aren’t trained to recognize it.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Now I'm scared about this invasion of these bugs soon this summer.....:eek:

I can say with complete confidence that cicadas are completely harmless. This happens once every 17 years so I feel it's actually something to be excited about.

Disney Analyst

We're coming for you...

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦

Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 3.01.49 PM.png

DCBaker

Premium Member
I can say with complete confidence that cicadas are completely harmless. This happens once every 17 years so I feel it's actually something to be excited about.

Good excuse to make cookies? o_O

cicada-cookies-620.jpg

ABQ

They caused me harm one vacation in Sedona with their constant clamoring making it near impossible to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom