Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jlwise2021

2.1M new doses yesterday. 1M new first doses and 700K were adults. Pretty decent numbers for a Wednesday.👍👍👍
Sure is! I think all the worrying some people have been having over the honor system and new CDC guidance should be calmed by this. Some folks who were on the fence may have finally thought, “wow the CDC trusts the vaccine enough that they said no mask in most situations.” I don’t even think it’s just the not wearing a mask. It’s the fact that the CDC and other very wise people in important health roles have now said how effective the vaccine is without saying “but still wear a mask” which made some scratch their heads and say, “then is the vaccine effective or not?” People, who were iffy before, are gaining confidence in the vaccine now.

Nickp1983

The idea that doing something as simple as wearing a mask is/was a punishment is laughable and pathetic.
Sorry but I guess being happy not to see my son temp checked. Masked. Then marched into his school single file while standing 6 feet apart is something I am.
No lockers. Face shields used as dunce caps if s kid removed his masked.
If you don't want them to be seen as punishment... maybe we shouldn't have treated them as such. I saw was pretty gross.

Hey kids... we're not punishing you

Attachments

• p098389g.jpg
    p098389g.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 64

lazyboy97o

Sorry but I guess being happy not to see my son temp checked. Masked. Then marched into his school single file while standing 6 feet apart is something I am.
No lockers. Face shields used as dunce caps if s kid removed his masked.
If you don't want them to be seen as punishment... maybe we shouldn't have treated them as such. **** I saw was pretty gross.

Hey kids... we're not punishing you
And kids not getting to swim was a punishment for trying to avoid polio, right? Who has to deal with the “personal responsibility” if the kids who did get COVID-19 have chronic issues?

Patcheslee

Corporate email went out today: following CDC guidelines all US sites (we are a factory) may now allow fully vaccinated employees to work without a mask. Fully vaccinated is past the 2 weeks of either 2nd dose, or 2 weeks after J&J dose. All employees who wish to work unmasked must have their vaccination validated and will either be given a sticker for their badge, band or other identification that must be displayed at all times. Screening and social distancing will continue for all employees. Employees may also request a waiver, medical proof of inability to receive the vaccine required and will be determined on a case by case basis. i.e individual does not perform work that requires them to be within 6th of others.
I've already heard a whiner saying "I haven't gotten the vaccine, how is that fair" :rolleyes: Tomorrow, anyone who decided to receive the vaccine on site that was held, will be considered fully vaccinated. Everyone has had plenty opportunity at least at work, and no one was turned away.
The only part we are waiting on is how our plant chooses to validate eligible people.
Also they are assessing office workers coming back on a voluntary basis beginning in June.

Heppenheimer

Hopefully it'll be even easier soon:

If your Doctor says its OK for you to get the vaccine.. ASK HIM FOR ONE! ... because the doctors office has a supply of them in the freezer.
Better yet... you almost certainly are not one of the statistically insignificant number of people who have a legitimate medical reason not to get the vaccine, and if you are, you almost certainly already know it. Just get the vaccine!

Heppenheimer

Corporate email went out today: following CDC guidelines all US sites (we are a factory) may now allow fully vaccinated employees to work without a mask. Fully vaccinated is past the 2 weeks of either 2nd dose, or 2 weeks after J&J dose. All employees who wish to work unmasked must have their vaccination validated and will either be given a sticker for their badge, band or other identification that must be displayed at all times. Screening and social distancing will continue for all employees. Employees may also request a waiver, medical proof of inability to receive the vaccine required and will be determined on a case by case basis. i.e individual does not perform work that requires them to be within 6th of others.
I've already heard a whiner saying "I haven't gotten the vaccine, how is that fair" :rolleyes: Tomorrow, anyone who decided to receive the vaccine on site that was held, will be considered fully vaccinated. Everyone has had plenty opportunity at least at work, and no one was turned away.
The only part we are waiting on is how our plant chooses to validate eligible people.
Also they are assessing office workers coming back on a voluntary basis beginning in June.
More of this, please, everywhere!

disneygeek90

Email from my office about a half hour ago. No talk about any verification so I guess they just hope people won't want to gamble with the rules at their workplace.

"Effective Monday, May 24, fully vaccinated team members have the option to no longer wear a mask. Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since receiving your final shot.

If you are in the process of receiving the vaccine, you should continue to wear a mask until two weeks after your final shot. This is consistent with CDC guidelines and will help protect you from contracting COVID-19.

If you have not been vaccinated — or even if you have, but feel more comfortable doing so — you should continue to wear a mask."

ElvisMickey

I work for Verizon and we’re opening all corporate offices on July 1…masks not required if you’re vaccinated. However, just because the offices will be open doesn’t mean we’re all going back at once. That’s still fluid 🙄

G00fyDad

I had to show my ID the other day while shopping and the clerk handed the ID back and said "What's that star thing in the corner? Is that something that means you got vaccinated or something?! I ain't getting one of those." I told him "No. That star is there from the BMV to show this is a RealID certified driver's license." He still didn't know what I was talking about.
tenor.gif

G00fyDad

I feel for anyone in heathcare, it's been a long year. And seem to be the last ones logically able to remove masks.

I am more worried about my wife. She actually works directly on a COVID unit at her work. I am just a Substance Abuse Therapist. I at least get to take off my one mask when I am in my office without a patient. She has to wear a full Tyvek suit, two masks, goggles, a "hair thing", two pairs of rubber gloves and shoe covers. :eek:

correcaminos

First of all I am fully vaccinated. Everyone should get vaccinated immediately if they are not.

My father died of the flu 6 years ago. He also had stage 4 lung cancer and had at most a few weeks to live otherwise.

My point is this, if you or your loved ones are immunocompromised you would have to be extra careful even if covid never existed, and should consider wearing a mask or staying home even if we reach 100% vaccinated.
I know you are vaccinated and said it was great. Sorry I didn't word that well enough to catch (truly and seriously). Some of my comments were meant as a generic you and I should've clarified better.

Yes, everyone should be vaccinated though! At least those who can!

We were careful with family prior. That's why I didn't see my aunt early 2020. I had a cold. My MILs diagnosis is new this year, so she's getting used to that. Unlike you, I don't think my friends and family should have to fear going out and be stuck at home. While each exercised caution, they never had to at this level. So honestly until more are vaccinated I'm not cool with making them choose in ways they never had to before.

I am sorry for your loss though. Losing a parent is tough.

Clamman73

I had to show my ID the other day while shopping and the clerk handed the ID back and said "What's that star thing in the corner? Is that something that means you got vaccinated or something?! I ain't getting one of those." I told him "No. That star is there from the BMV to show this is a RealID certified driver's license." He still didn't know what I was talking about.
View attachment 559118
Lol. I guess that’s why they‘re giving people another two years to get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom