Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chi84

Premium Member
The executive order only lasts until the state of emergency is dropped, and the law that replaced is says nothing about "classes" of citizens.
I agree. WDW would be letting everyone in, then allowing guests to voluntarily present their vaccination status if they wished to gain an exemption from the mask mandate. I don't see anything in the legislation that would prohibit this, but I don't think Disney will do it.

I was at Macy's today. The sign that used to say "Masks required to enter" now says "Masks recommended for the safety of our employees and guests." It says nothing about vaccinated/not vaccinated. It's starting to look like businesses are unwilling to accept any further responsibility for their customers' safety absent a specific law or executive order requiring them to do so. I'm not even sure about the status of those orders in this state right now.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I doubt this would get past DeSantis' executive order. Disney would be asking visitors to share their private health information and then creating two classes of guests based on vaccination.
Not at all. You aren’t stopping anyone from entering the park. Everyone is welcome and everyone has to wear a mask. If a guest chooses to offer proof of vaccination then they get an exemption from the rule. The specific part of the executive order that applies to Disney is:
Section 2. Businesses in Florida are prohibited from requiring patrons or customers to provide any documentation certifying COVID-19 vaccination or post-transmission recovery to gain access to, entry upon, or service from the business.

In that plan nobody has to provide documentation on vaccination to gain access or receive service from the business. An unvaccinated person would be entitled to every attraction and service the same as a vaccinated person they would just do so in a mask.

Disney won’t do this plan anyway but it’s perfectly legal under the restrictions put in place.

Jlwise2021

There's literally no benefit whatsoever as far as Demings is concerned to pull it a week before a huge tourist holiday that is one of the parks busiest weeks of the year. He's not going to just say "good enough" and throw in the towel as he allows thousands and thousands of tourists to arrive in town.

Perhaps the goal also is to make sure the % positive stays below 5%. Opening everything up right around Memorial Day probably puts that at risk.
That definitely makes sense, yet it’s not what he stated he would do when the county reached a certain threshold is all that I’m saying. Also, I wouldn’t say “all”, but I’m sure a great deal of the tourists that will be arriving for vacations will be vaccinated. I guess it just seems that he is changing what he originally stated because he doesn’t like how fast the county met the goal.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
There's literally no benefit whatsoever as far as Demings is concerned to pull it a week before a huge tourist holiday that is one of the parks busiest weeks of the year. He's not going to just say "good enough" and throw in the towel as he allows thousands and thousands of tourists to arrive in town.

Perhaps the goal also is to make sure the % positive stays below 5%. Opening everything up right around Memorial Day probably puts that at risk.
He did mention 14 days but what I wasn’t clear on is does the percent positive need to drop below 5% and stay there for 14 days too or is it just the 14 day rolling average has to drop below 5%. There’s a difference and that may explain the talk of post Memorial Day. We drop below 5% some time this week and 14 days later puts us into the week after Memorial Day. What happens if the 14 day avg drops below 5% tomorrow and then goes back above in a day or 2?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
He did mention 14 days but what I wasn’t clear on is does the percent positive need to drop below 5% and stay there for 14 days too or is it just the 14 day rolling average has to drop below 5%. There’s a difference and that may explain the talk of post Memorial Day. We drop below 5% some time this week and 14 days later puts us into the week after Memorial Day. What happens if the 14 day avg drops below 5% tomorrow and then goes back above in a day or 2?
I went back and listened to his comments. He said the percent positive day over day had to drop below 5% and stay there for 14 days. Based on the regular Orange County data the last day the percent positive was over 5% was May 8 so that would mean May 22 would be 14 days if they are using the daily number, but that includes the rapid tests. I’m not sure where we can get the actual percent positives they are using. very confusing.

Chomama

I went back and listened to his comments. He said the percent positive day over day had to drop below 5% and stay there for 14 days. Based on the regular Orange County data the last day the percent positive was over 5% was May 8 so that would mean May 22 would be 14 days, but that includes the rapid tests. I’m not sure where we can get the actual percent positives they are using. very confusing.
I am not trying to be insensitive but at this point I feel like so much is changing so fast that we should just be grateful but it seems things are finally turned the corner and say that we know orange county will be dropping mandates soon. It’s not like it’s going to be months so I am sure they will let us know when they are ready 🤷🏼‍♀️

JAKECOTCenter

I feel like when OC hits Phase 3, don't expect meet and greets and parades to come back immediately. They'll have the green light, but not of it will be there one day 1

JoeCamel

I agree. WDW would be letting everyone in, then allowing guests to voluntarily present their vaccination status if they wished to gain an exemption from the mask mandate. I don't see anything in the legislation that would prohibit this, but I don't think Disney will do it.

I was at Macy's today. The sign that used to say "Masks required to enter" now says "Masks recommended for the safety of our employees and guests." It says nothing about vaccinated/not vaccinated. It's starting to look like businesses are unwilling to accept any further responsibility for their customers' safety absent a specific law or executive order requiring them to do so. I'm not even sure about the status of those orders in this state right now.
Walmart here used to have a banner saying "masks required" that has been replaced by an 8.5 x 11" taped inside the glass with verbiage about vaccinated not required to mask. Yet everyone was wearing masks, masks were laid out and available at the entrance, weird dichotomy with the announcements of the last few days.

sullyinMT

Same experience at Kohl’s today to drop off an Amazon return. The tide has shifted, come what may. I entered vaxxed and unmasked, but if we are shopping for something with my youngest I’ll continue masking out of solidarity with him.

correcaminos

Someone I know is whining about how they are being treated differently by doctors due to lack of vaccination. Still so many selfish people out there. Claimed they didn't want to be a test subject... um you aren't I was

These are ones I have no patience for now. I wish we had passports in a way just to push them to vaccinate. Though then they'd whine about freedoms.

sullyinMT

Someone I know is whining about how they are being treated differently by doctors due to lack of vaccination. Still so many selfish people out there. Claimed they didn't want to be a test subject... um you aren't I was

These are ones I have no patience for now. I wish we had passports in a way just to push them to vaccinate. Though then they'd whine about freedoms.
I’d like to see my county vaccine % significantly better, for those truly unable to receive it, but I’m right there with losing patience with those too lazy to bother. Truth be told they’re the ones (locally) I’ve been rolling my eyes at in stores, anyway.

correcaminos

I’d like to see my county vaccine % significantly better, for those truly unable to receive it, but I’m right there with losing patience with those too lazy to bother. Truth be told they’re the ones (locally) I’ve been rolling my eyes at in stores, anyway.
Yeah, I hear you. This person is just looking forward to mask mandates being lifted and that's it. Um... yeah. Not coming to my house anytime soon....

I'd love to find ways to convince. Ones like this I am dumbfounded about but follows the crazy conspiracy theories so not much we can do.

BuddyThomas

As of today, masks are no longer required at New York Sports Clubs as long as you’ve been vaccinated. It’s the honor system. They ask if you’ve been vaxxed and if so, no mask required. It was interesting to see today that it was divided about 50/50 between maskers and non-maskers, which would seem to indicate that most people are being honest. I have to admit that I went without the mask today (I’m fully vaxxed) because running on a treadmill with those things on is an actual torture chamber.

Archie123

As of today, masks are no longer required at New York Sports Clubs as long as you’ve been vaccinated. It’s the honor system. They ask if you’ve been vaxxed and if so, no mask required. It was interesting to see today that it was divided about 50/50 between maskers and non-maskers, which would seem to indicate that most people are being honest. I have to admit that I went without the mask today (I’m fully vaxxed) because running on a treadmill with those things on is an actual torture chamber.

Honor system. What can go wrong with that plan???

mmascari

Same experience at Kohl’s today to drop off an Amazon return. The tide has shifted, come what may. I entered vaxxed and unmasked, but if we are shopping for something with my youngest I’ll continue masking out of solidarity with him.
I see it the reverse way. I’ll wear one so if you’re shopping with your youngest you don’t have to worry if I’m vaccinated or just reckless.

Frankly, I don’t need the stress of people wondering. I also don’t want the stress of wondering when out with my youngest.

Couple more weeks, my county will be fine, couple after that probably my state, hopefully couple after that the whole country. At this point, I can manage that for indoors or crowds just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom