Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark52479

I believe come July 1 legally orange county can no longer have a mandate. So we know its going to be before that.

I think sometime in June seems right.

disneygeek90

Orange County is prety much the last big county in Florida that still has a mask mandate.

I am wondering if the theme parks are playing a role in this. I bet they are.
I agree, I think it's a safe bet the tourism effect is a big reason. They just had the OC conference at the airport, and made it a point to discuss how high the traffic is there again.

Chomama

So IF the rate is a 14 day below 5%... before memorial day... they are still going to wait until after memorial day? Hmmm
Sounds like it. Honestly makes sense. There will be a ton of travelers for the holiday from other areas that may or may not have high vax rates. Give it another week to avoid that headache and let that number sit under 5% and get more people vaxxed. I think this gives them works time to slow walk and train employees

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So IF the rate is a 14 day below 5%... before memorial day... they are still going to wait until after memorial day? Hmmm
That’s how it sounded in his answer. He specifically referenced getting through Memorial Day weekend first. Now that can change, but it seems likely that’s the plan right now.

Nickp1983

My conspiracy theory mind goes
"We're at 4.2% with rapid tests. 5.2% without. We will go without rapid tests and hold off until after the influx of travelers during memorial day weekend. Plus we just announced phase II 5 days ago"

I'll be there in 8 days. But I'm happy I can drink and walk (and stumble). Who knows. Maybe the half way point of our trip we will be able to remove the masks completely.

Nickp1983

Attachments

• 68yG51z.jpg
    68yG51z.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 46

GimpYancIent

I'm worried about Memorial Day weekend coming next week, is going to be a massive surge / spike or not?
Worry is not good for over all health. Everything always works out, it usually does, I suggest an adult (yes, alcoholic) beverage of your choosing and breath in the fresh air, with out a mask of course.

ElvisMickey

Fauci literally admitted on Good Morning America yesterday (or the day before) that the chance of contracting COVID in an indoor setting after being vaccinated is “extremely low” and the reason that he continued to wear his mask is because “he didn’t want to look like he was giving mixed signals”. Just sayin’…

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Fauci literally admitted on Good Morning America yesterday (or the day before) that the chance of contracting COVID in an indoor setting after being vaccinated is “extremely low” and the reason that he continued to wear his mask is because “he didn’t want to look like he was giving mixed signals”. Just sayin’…
The CDC already said fully vaccinated people don’t need to wear a mask, even indoors. That’s old news. What he didn’t say is nobody needs to wear a mask indoors. Unvaccinated people still do so that creates the issue for WDW since they don‘t know who is vaccinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom