Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmascari

Literally nothing.

If you're vaxxed, and an unvaxxed person lies..... so what?
Unless you’re 11, then it’s 50% less mitigation. We all assume source control worked better than self protection, so the 50% that’s more effective too.

Maybe that kid spilled their drink on you, maybe they took a wiz. What’s it matter, you’re wearing pants right?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Unless you’re 11, then it’s 50% less mitigation. We all assume source control worked better than self protection, so the 50% that’s more effective too.

Maybe that kid spilled their drink on you, maybe they took a wiz. What’s it matter, you’re wearing pants right?
Lot of 11 year olds running around sneezing on the equipment in the gyms near you, are there?

Chomama

I know you aren’t. I get it. I’m just saying if you are immunocompromised AND vaccinated you do actually still have to be concerned if others aren’t vaccinated. Someone lying about that is not cool. I know what you meant. Sorry if it seemed like I was being combative. Just frustrated with the narrative of - if you are vaccinated don’t worry about anything. Some people can’t be, some people don’t get full coverage due to immune issues and transplants,, kids under 12 etc etc. I am annoyed with jerks. I am also not concerned about going mask free with my small kids outside at Disney. My family has no health issues and my bigs are vaccinated.

sullyinMT

I see it the reverse way. I’ll wear one so if you’re shopping with your youngest you don’t have to worry if I’m vaccinated or just reckless.

Frankly, I don’t need the stress of people wondering. I also don’t want the stress of wondering when out with my youngest.

Couple more weeks, my county will be fine, couple after that probably my state, hopefully couple after that the whole country. At this point, I can manage that for indoors or crowds just fine.
That’s a fair point. My area isn’t a couple weeks away. More like 8-10 weeks, at best, to hit even 50% of the eligible (12+) population, let alone total.

In your situation, or even close to similar, I could be patient, too.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I know you aren’t. I get it. I’m just saying if you are immunocompromised AND vaccinated you do actually still have to be concerned if others aren’t vaccinated. Someone lying about that is not cool. I know what you meant. Sorry if it seemed like I was being combative. Just frustrated with the narrative of - if you are vaccinated don’t worry about anything. Some people can’t be, some people don’t get full coverage due to immune issues and transplants,, kids under 12 etc etc. I am annoyed with jerks. I am also not concerned about going mask free with my small kids outside at Disney. My family has no health issues and my bigs are vaccinated.
I mean I get it, but if you're waiting for a world that's totally safe for the immunocompromised, that's not going to ever be a thing.

Polkadotdress

If you are immunocompromised- a whole heck of a lot can go wrong. No one should be lying about this.

I didn't say people SHOULD be lying.

People should get vaxxed. And follow the rules. And tell the truth.

I'm saying to people who have been vaccinated, "Don't stress. You're good."
Me. I’m immunocompromised here in FL. Doc says I need to continue to mask EVEN THOUGH I’m vaccinated...until we get to 70% fully vaccinated.

Otherwise, lots can go wrong by being exposed to an unmasked/unvaccinated person.

Archie123

Why do you, a vaccinated person, care if unvaccinated people are out infecting each other?

Yeah why should I worry about other people LOL. I mean if some unvaccinated person catches Covid and then goes home and pass it along to other people with his family why should I care. I guess I care because I want this pandemic to end…oh and I have a some sense of compassion. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
That’s a fair point. My area isn’t a couple weeks away. More like 8-10 weeks, at best, to hit even 50% of the eligible (12+) population, let alone total.

In your situation, or even close to similar, I could be patient, too.
This is a good point. My county has just under 60% of the total population vaccinated and close to 75% of adults now. It’s much easier to say wait a few weeks or a month and we will be at the numbers we need. PA is approaching 70% of adults with 1 shot so we are likely around 4 weeks or so away from hitting 70% of adults fully vaccinated which effectively ends all Covid mitigations in the state. Seeing interim steps like the CDC guidance on vaccinated individuals is still very positive, but we are literally at the finish line for safely hitting good targets to end everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom