Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Purdue University will not require vaccination this coming fall, but those that opt out will face regular testing like last year. Here's the kicker the University president put in as well:
"The higher the percentage of us all who chose vaccination, the more open campus can be and there may be activities we can make available to those vaccinated, but not those who decline," Daniels said.

what?!?

you mean socializing is a carrot to dangle in front of overcharged 20 years old that don’t require much sleep??

man...I got college all wrong🤔

danlb_2000

Premium Member
My sister just posted a pic of her 15 and 12 year old after they got their vaccine today in PA. I didn't even know they started with that age group yet, much less how she got them in so quick.

Sounds like someone jumped the gun, they aren't supposed to that age yet.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
My sister just posted a pic of her 15 and 12 year old after they got their vaccine today in PA. I didn't even know they started with that age group yet, much less how she got them in so quick.
Once the FDA approved they started vaccinating. I guess they figured there’s no need to wait for the CDC since we already have the doses. FDA says it’s safe and effective, CDC coordinates delivery and allocates doses to the states.

Flugell

Guess I’m confused, again!
Why is it such a problem if a person, like myself who is vaccinated, chooses to wear a mask at all times when out of my house? If I’m in my car then I don’t have to worry about fitting one before I get out! My mental state and concern for my husband means it is essential for me to do this. You can tell me it’s unnecessary till the cows come home but I’m not at a stage to accept that. I’m not causing a problem to anyone else by choosing to wear a mask, when vaccinated. I don’t know the vaccination status of people I may come into contact with so my abundance of caution may be helping them too.
Please stop ridiculing people for continuing to do what they feel is necessary for them, wearing a mask and trying to maintain a distance. I’m not wearing one to show how virtuous I am, maybe I’m hoping to set an example to others but the main reason is for my mental health. I don’t think that reason is one that should be vilified. I’ve barely been out since last March, we’ve been advised to shelter at home, so every outing is a very big deal to us and I agree this probably impacts on my need to keep my mask on properly!
The mocking of people who wish to continue to wear masks in any situation is depressing- each individual has their own reason for choosing to continue and their feelings should be respected!

Okay rant over! Take care and get vaccinated!

sullyinMT

The official CDC vote is supposed to be around 2:45 tomorrow. Here’s the agenda:
Just confirmed with our pediatrician that the county site is allowing 12-15 walk ups starting Thursday morning, after the formality vote tomorrow. They’re also giving $50 to the first 400 people. My boy has been so “patient,” I might allow him to be late to school and try for the cash. Either way, we’ll be in line Thursday.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Why is it such a problem if a person, like myself who is vaccinated, chooses to wear a mask at all times when out of my house? If I’m in my car then I don’t have to worry about fitting one before I get out! My mental state and concern for my husband means it is essential for me to do this. You can tell me it’s unnecessary till the cows come home but I’m not at a stage to accept that. I’m not causing a problem to anyone else by choosing to wear a mask, when vaccinated. I don’t know the vaccination status of people I may come into contact with so my abundance of caution may be helping them too.
Please stop ridiculing people for continuing to do what they feel is necessary for them, wearing a mask and trying to maintain a distance. I’m not wearing one to show how virtuous I am, maybe I’m hoping to set an example to others but the main reason is for my mental health. I don’t think that reason is one that should be vilified. I’ve barely been out since last March, we’ve been advised to shelter at home, so every outing is a very big deal to us and I agree this probably impacts on my need to keep my mask on properly!
The mocking of people who wish to continue to wear masks in any situation is depressing- each individual has their own reason for choosing to continue and their feelings should be respected!

Yeah, our real problem has been people not wearing masks when they should. Let's not make an issue of people wearing masks where they aren't really needed.

drizgirl

You can wear one for the rest of your life if you want. The concern is that many others (not necessarily you, but lots of others) will go one step further and expect others to do the same.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Per the CDC, COVID-related deaths for all age groups. It would be a tremendous accomplishment to achieve a really high vaccination rate for those over the age of 39.

View attachment 556710
Lots of people get the flu shot every year without fear of death from the flu. Most kids these day get a chicken pox vaccine. Death isn’t the only negative outcome. The polling shows 65+ much higher than under 65 but overall 75% of Americans are still planning to get the shot.

CosmicRays

I think I have come to these thoughts about myself and covid. I will honestly be ok and continue living my life doing almost everything I want to do even if some restrictions never go away. Masks indoors at a business? I will survive and either go or not go as I see fit. If Disney does away with masks outdoors and most other precautions but decides to keep masks indoors forever- I won’t like it but I will learn to live with it because I love Disney that much.

As much as I think alot of things can turn into political and fear theater, the reality is everyone’s quality of life is what they make it.

sullyinMT

Lots of people get the flu shot every year without fear of death from the flu. Most kids these day get a chicken pox vaccine. Death isn’t the only negative outcome. The polling shows 65+ much higher than under 65 but overall 75% of Americans are still planning to get the shot.
Good point, that honestly I never thought of. People get the flu shot to avoid or temper the flu. If this virus is “a really bad flu,” why the hell not get the shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom