Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

correcaminos

Even NYC will won't be problem with not surges by fall and winter anymore too?
Probably not. For many states the last worry was spring break. Even my state only had a bump, not a surge. We may see bumps again, but I doubt we'll see a real spike.

Quite the opposite. Since you can’t force someone to get vaccinated, you need to make the choice on if you can stand being near an unvaccinated individual.
The statement was if unvaccinated and still care... then yes if you refuse to vaccinate and care what you do, you need to stay home. Those who never cared are unchanged really. The ones I worry about are the ones who cannot vaccinate or do not create antibodies. I wish people would find ways to protect them more.

AmesTARDIS

How would you classify someone who has received the vaccine yet has concerns based on learned discussions and relevant anecdotal experience?
This is the land that I live in- to a degree. I am fully vaccinated. That was my decision. However, early on, I did not enjoy the constant pressure to "hurry up" and make my appointment. Almost everyone around me between the ages of 30 and 60 urged me to get registered. Some did their research. While most others I knew just registered because a vaccine was finally available.

I never make decisions lightly. I research everything- perhaps to a fault. But, when I took my time on this vaccine, I received both dirty looks and puzzled looks. Then there were those who wanted to convince me. They were on a crusade. They never stopped to consider I was already informed. They just charged on ahead. And, many of those people made their decisions because "the CDC said," "the news said," or "Doctor Faucci" said. And, I was happy for them that they were comfortable. But, I needed more.

Vaccines do pose risks. So, regardless of how long they have been working on this one, I was concerned about how quickly it was rolled out. There is no long term data to consider. Most of us who like to do our research count on long term data. I made my decision with the best information that I had. But, I also know that the inner me would be happier waiting. My decision was three parts, I researched as much as I could, at work I was asked on a daily basis, and, I wanted to be able to return to a normal life.

IMO, if I had concluded that I was not ready, and if I were willing to continue to wear my mask and social distance, than others should leave me to it. There is entirely too much judgement and generalizations made about people who have not vaccinated yet. They do not all have medical issues. And, they are not all sheep.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
If there will be herd immunity by July/August or September/October, there will be back to normal as masks and social distancing will be gone for good sooner or later by late summer/early fall.

SorcererMC

This is the land that I live in- to a degree. I am fully vaccinated. That was my decision. However, early on, I did not enjoy the constant pressure to "hurry up" and make my appointment. Almost everyone around me between the ages of 30 and 60 urged me to get registered. Some did their research. While most others I knew just registered because a vaccine was finally available.

I never make decisions lightly. I research everything- perhaps to a fault. But, when I took my time on this vaccine, I received both dirty looks and puzzled looks. Then there were those who wanted to convince me. They were on a crusade. They never stopped to consider I was already informed. They just charged on ahead. And, many of those people made their decisions because "the CDC said," "the news said," or "Doctor Faucci" said. And, I was happy for them that they were comfortable. But, I needed more.

Vaccines do pose risks. So, regardless of how long they have been working on this one, I was concerned about how quickly it was rolled out. There is no long term data to consider. Most of us who like to do our research count on long term data. I made my decision with the best information that I had. But, I also know that the inner me would be happier waiting. My decision was three parts, I researched as much as I could, at work I was asked on a daily basis, and, I wanted to be able to return to a normal life.

IMO, if I had concluded that I was not ready, and if I were willing to continue to wear my mask and social distance, than others should leave me to it. There is entirely too much judgement and generalizations made about people who have not vaccinated yet. They do not all have medical issues. And, they are not all sheep.
How long did it take you to get more information and get to your comfort level, to when you got your first dose?

GaBoy

Nobody cares if you wear a mask and social distance yourself. Where it becomes an issue is when you expect others to keep doing the same indefinitely.
Lots of noses peeking out and chinstraps on the 50% still masking indoors. They are sliding southward in the last 2 weeks. GA dropped the last requirements a week ago which was mostly symbolic because it was never enforced. I've noticed in meetings on site with customers and contractors that no one is wearing a mask but everyone stands in a big circle which is comfortable for me anyway since it feels like there should be a campfire in the middle :)

DisneyDebRob

While you are at it chase down all the vapers leaving the bathroom or in just about any walkway...that should keep you busy for a while
I vape and never once did it in a bathroom.. or walkway or anywhere else in a Disney park since they removed the areas. Might as well say.. keep the scooters from running up on people’s ankles.. keep your kids behaved in lines.. wear a mask the correct way at a park.etc…I can go on and on but you know as well as I do that there are some that will break any rule because they “paid a lot for this vacation “ and are going to do what they want no matter what the cost to other guests.
The funny thing is.. I just got home from 10 days in Disney, and I think my sense of smell when it comes to vape juices is pretty keen.. I didn’t smell anything the whole time there. Not saying people didn’t do it, just saying they were either really good at hiding it or not much going on.

Last edited:

AmesTARDIS

How long did it take you to get more information and get to your comfort level, to when you got your first dose?
I'd say my cursory information search began sometime around the holidays. I started more intentional research towards the end of January. My first dose was March 20th. I had made my decision about two weeks earlier. To be honest, I didn't find out anything really new during all of that time. But, I had the satisfaction of knowing that I did my own version of due diligence.

AmesTARDIS

Nobody cares if you wear a mask and social distance yourself. Where it becomes an issue is when you expect others to keep doing the same indefinitely.
I can agree that a lot of people don't care. But, in my very personal experience, there are plenty of people around me on the daily who think a mask wasn't quite enough. In my neck of the woods, there are many of the mind that if you are not vaccinated, you are more or less a pariah. And, I completely agree that no one should expect others to do the same- for any length of time.

SorcererMC

I'd say my cursory information search began sometime around the holidays. I started more intentional research towards the end of January. My first dose was March 20th. I had made my decision about two weeks earlier. To be honest, I didn't find out anything really new during all of that time. But, I had the satisfaction of knowing that I did my own version of due diligence.
I don't think that anything you've said sounds unreasonable for that time frame, and your experience is probably more typical than not. Some people just need more confidence-building measures than others. Social pressure can be a double-edged sword.

Surferboy567

after today’s Halloween party replacement and as the world begins to try to return to normal, I’m afraid Disney is going to hold back and make as much money as they can without offering what they did before.
Like I said in that thread. Very worried about fireworks, parades, and characters not returning for a while. They clearly have no problem dialing back restrictions so they should start bringing these offerings back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom