Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animal_Kingdom_09

Median age for new cases yesterday was 34. 34 and under represent 0.7% of FL COVID deaths. The worst age group under 35 for case fatality rate is 25-34 and the CFR is 0.1%. Before anybody goes too crazy about "the numbers," look at the overall picture as more and more of the most vulnerable age groups become maximally protected by the vaccines every day.
Light blue have received the first dose, dark blue are complete. Data is as of 4/7/21 and is for Florida only.

1617996948300.png

mmascari

I think he and others in the government could have done a better job.
Without a doubt, this is a true statement.

The mask and the herd immunity percent changes having explanations that included reasons not related to the virus were incredibly damaging mistakes. Even if everything else was perfect, those two items including intentions that were based on perception, were a mistake.

At @DisneyDebRob points out, lots of the time it's us that's the problem.

I can agree that he's not perfect. And that breaks in trust are harder to earn back than not having broken them to begin with.

ABQ

This is really surprising/concerning. This is from Publix at 12:21 PM. Moderna appointments for M-F next week. Booking window opened at 7AM.

County (Condado)Appointments Remaining (Citas restantes)
Alachua72%
Bay73%
Brevard47%
BrowardLess than 1% (menos de 1%)
Charlotte66%
Citrus76%
Clay69%
Collier9%
Columbia90%
Desoto83%
Duval75%
Escambia87%
Flagler57%
Hernando61%
Highlands80%
Hillsborough14%
Indian River65%
Lake45%
Lee33%
Leon76%
Manatee56%
Marion75%
Martin30%
Miami-DadeFully Booked (Completamente reservadas)
MonroeFully Booked (Completamente reservadas)
Nassau88%
Okaloosa69%
Okeechobee38%
OrangeLess than 1% (menos de 1%)
Osceola20%
Palm BeachFully Booked (Completamente reservadas)
Pasco53%
Pinellas52%
Polk25%
Santa Rosa74%
Sarasota62%
Seminole4%
St. Johns76%
St. Lucie30%
Sumter91%
Suwannee78%
Volusia46%
Walton81%
Can you get another update to see if many more were booked? Not sure I entirely understand this chart though. I assume there are many Publix locations in each county, but the ones I want to see fully booked appear to be, at least I hope Orange went from 1% to full. Are they doing vaccinations at each and every Publix in each county, or just a select few? How many locations are in Orange and Osceola?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Median age for new cases yesterday was 34. 34 and under represent 0.7% of FL COVID deaths. The worst age group under 35 for case fatality rate is 25-34 and the CFR is 0.1%. Before anybody goes too crazy about "the numbers," look at the overall picture as more and more of the most vulnerable age groups become maximally protected by the vaccines every day.
This is true. It’s also why the percent of hospitalizations is growing in the under 45 demographic. Most of the higher risk people are covered already or at least 1 shot in.

Patcheslee

Can you get another update to see if many more were booked? Not sure I entirely understand this chart though. I assume there are many Publix locations in each county, but the ones I want to see fully booked appear to be, at least I hope Orange went from 1% to full. Are they doing vaccinations at each and every Publix in each county, or just a select few? How many locations are in Orange and Osceola?
All are booked now. Interesting the way they are doing the appointments. Wonder if the J&J books quicker due to it being a weekend vs M-F.
Screenshot_20210409-181539_Chrome.jpg

Patcheslee

Local restaurant will start serving their buffet again starting Sunday, while our county cases and positivity continues to grow. I guess the health department has given them the okay?

Disney Experience

I took my wife to the research doctor Thursday for her reveal and 6 month post vaccination visit. I am in the Pfizer Phase 3 study, she is in the Moderna Phase 3 study. Both of us are now past the six month mark since each of our final vaccination. I was told months ago I had the actual Pfizer vaccine and not the placebo. She was told whether she had the Moderna or Placebo yesterday. She had the real Moderna vaccine. Yea! So we both got lucky and had real vaccination. She had a 103 fever for a short time the day after the second shot so she expected even then she had the real vaccine and not saline.

I am glad she is vaccinated, and that both our studies have shown great efficacy and duration. As well as good efficacy on variants.

seascape

I took my wife to the research doctor Thursday for her reveal and 6 month post vaccination visit. I am in the Pfizer Phase 3 study, she is in the Moderna Phase 3 study. Both of us are now past the six month mark since each of our final vaccination. I was told months ago I had the actual Pfizer vaccine and not the placebo. She was told whether she had the Moderna or Placebo yesterday. She had the real Moderna vaccine. Yea! So we both got lucky and had real vaccination. She had a 103 fever for a short time the day after the second shot so she expected even then she had the real vaccine and not saline.

I am glad she is vaccinated, and that both our studies have shown great efficacy and duration. As well as good efficacy on variants.
Thanks to both of you and congratulations and being vaccinated.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Local restaurant will start serving their buffet again starting Sunday, while our county cases and positivity continues to grow. I guess the health department has given them the okay?

Indoor dining is high risk already, so I don't know how much worse a buffet will really make it.

Disney Experience

Thanks to both of you and congratulations and being vaccinated.
Thank you for the remark. We got married in October and I had both of my shots in September. She had her first shot in September. We had stayed in the three bedroom villa in the Grand Floridian for a little less than a week as our first part of our honeymoon. Then as we planned she visited the research site in Deland, Fl to get her second shot. We then flew to the Grand hotel in Mackinaw island for our the second part of our three part honeymoon trip. Final part was a cabin in the Blue Ridge Mountains. So her second shot was part of the honeymoon.

JoeCamel

Indoor dining is high risk already, so I don't know how much worse a buffet will really make it.
I've been to a few buffets across the east in the last 6 months, usually a low contact with hand sanitizer requested/required before serving yourself. I was not concerned with catching it as I had it February '20 and am now vaccinated. Strange feeling.
I had lunch at a counter order/table serve place in Georgia? Tennessee? a few months ago on a Sunday, no masks in sight and packed with the after church crowd. I wore mine but really I only am concerned for those that flaunt this, they are playing with fire based on what I had.

GaBoy

I've been to a few buffets across the east in the last 6 months, usually a low contact with hand sanitizer requested/required before serving yourself. I was not concerned with catching it as I had it February '20 and am now vaccinated. Strange feeling.
I had lunch at a counter order/table serve place in Georgia? Tennessee? a few months ago on a Sunday, no masks in sight and packed with the after church crowd. I wore mine but really I only am concerned for those that flaunt this, they are playing with fire based on what I had.
I live in Georgia. I haven't seen a mask inside a restaurant since they opened back up and we started going back in to eat the end of last year. Maybe tighter around Atlanta. Outside of Atl.... nope. I didn't pay much attention or wear one once seated.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

I live in Georgia. I haven't seen a mask inside a restaurant since they opened back up and we started going back in to eat end of last year. Maybe tighter around Atlanta. Outside of Atl.... nope. I didn't pay much attention or wear one once seated.
I was running the smaller roads and pulled into a tiny town for breakfast, the looks I got wearing a mask from the regulars? OK, I can take it. Breakfast was just so-so but the coffee was good and the service pleasant.

GaBoy

I was running the smaller roads and pulled into a tiny town for breakfast, the looks I got wearing a mask from the regulars? OK, I can take it. Breakfast was just so-so but the coffee was good and the service pleasant.
We aim to please. Don't mind the looks. Comes more from being new. They were just trying to figure out if they knew you. I see lots of folks wear them around here and a lot don't. Most say that masks are allowed but not required:)

Last edited:

correcaminos

Woo hoo! I figured she had the real deal from what you said before. Glad it was confirmed. Surprising it took so long to unblind. Not sure when you found out but I know it wasn't long after me. And my friend in J&J was unblinded weeks ago. Must have been hard wondering. Thanks again to you both for doing trials! Glad you both were fully vaccinated!

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I live in Georgia. I haven't seen a mask inside a restaurant since they opened back up and we started going back in to eat end of last year. Maybe tighter around Atlanta. Outside of Atl.... nope. I didn't pay much attention or wear one once seated.
I live closer to Atlanta and masks are everywhere. But you’re right rural Georgia is a different beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom