Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrb1979

This is starting to sound like the old fights over smoking all those years ago. When non-smokers first started complaining about smoke in restaurants, the answer was "if you don't like it, stay home." Several years later, when no-smoking laws were the norm, smokers were told "if you don't like it, stay home." I hope we can avoid being this divisive with vaccine passports, if they actually come into play. That said, one side or the other will likely become dominant based on what people want to happen. Hopefully, we'll be able to get the virus under control to the point vaccine passports won't be necessary.
I want to believe that but vaccine passports are already being talked about for parts of the UK. I see it being required for air travel, concerts sporting events. Basically any large gatherings.

GimpYancIent

This is starting to sound like the old fights over smoking all those years ago. When non-smokers first started complaining about smoke in restaurants, the answer was "if you don't like it, stay home." Several years later, when no-smoking laws were the norm, smokers were told "if you don't like it, stay home." I hope we can avoid being this divisive with vaccine passports, if they actually come into play. That said, one side or the other will likely become dominant based on what people want to happen. Hopefully, we'll be able to get the virus under control to the point vaccine passports won't be necessary.
I believe things are evolving to the point vaccines will be available to anyone on a walk in basis and requesting one. The narrative that it is necessary to pressure people to get vaccinated is not valid because of the processes set up to vaccinate are prohibitive for people wanting to be vaccinated. People should not be having to be creative, industrious and invest large portions of time to get vaccinated.

lisa12000

we
I want to believe that but vaccine passports are already being talked about for parts of the UK. I see it being required for air travel, concerts sporting events. Basically any large gatherings.
alnost set in stone in the uk - and not just for large gatherings but for pubs ama restaurants as well. Boris has said it will be time limited for a year but no one believes him - tbh he’s not had a good track record of doing what he says he’s going to do. The trust rating in our govt seems to be very low right now

themarchhare

It really is a shame that vaccine passports won't be able to be a thing in FL. It would make park-going experience a million times better to be able to de-mask.

It is completely voluntary. You don’t have to share anything with anyone. If a business wants to require you to be vaccinated to take a cruise or go to a ball game or visit a theme park it’s your choice to go or not. If you don’t want to share your vaccination status or a negative test result with that business you don’t have to, you just stay home. If you don’t want to use an app you can use the old fashioned paper copy of vaccine proof. The app is a convenience for people. There’s no invasion of privacy.
Exactly this. It's weird when one specific party is arguing against them when they're also the party of "let businesses make their own decisions" - free market for me but not for thee, I guess?

Jrb1979

we

alnost set in stone in the uk - and not just for large gatherings but for pubs ama restaurants as well. Boris has said it will be time limited for a year but no one believes him - tbh he’s not had a good track record of doing what he says he’s going to do. The trust rating in our govt seems to be very low right now
I have no issue with requiring it for everything if it means we can get life back to normal.

Shouldigo12

I'm getting optimistic about life returning to normal soon. I will say it is concerning that more younger people are being hospitalized for Covid and no one cares. I get that people are getting vaccinated now and things are getting better. The group filling hospitals are the ones who aren't getting the vaccines.

Personally I am at the point where watching people over react to everything Covid related is entertainment to me now. It's actually quite funny.
It's easy to forget that vaccines opening up is very, very recent, and they're still not fully open in many places. Those young people filling the hospitals might not have had the opportunity to be vaccinated yet.

That's not to say that a lot of younger people aren't being dismissive of Covid or turning down the vaccines. I'm just saying, we're not at a place yet where the people in the covid wards are there because they had an opportunity to protect themselves and rejected it; they might be there because a vaccine isn't even an option for them yet.

Jrb1979

It's easy to forget that vaccines opening up is very, very recent, and they're still not fully open in many places. Those young people filling the hospitals might not have had the opportunity to be vaccinated yet.

That's not to say that a lot of younger people aren't being dismissive of Covid or turning down the vaccines. I'm just saying, we're not at a place yet where the people in the covid wards are there because they had an opportunity to protect themselves and rejected it; they might be there because a vaccine isn't even an option for them yet.
I get that. I just find it concerning that how little people care now that younger people are the ones getting Covid and having serious symptoms from it. It's like people ignore that cause all the matters is the vaccine.

Shouldigo12

I get that. I just find it concerning that how little people care now that younger people are the ones getting Covid and having serious symptoms from it. It's like people ignore that cause all the matters is the vaccine.
Ah! I see, we were on the same page the whole time. ;) Yeah, that is concerning. I think it's easier to dismiss young people because of all those pics of the Spring Breakers gathering en masse. You hear about an elderly person in the hospital and your first thought is "What terrible luck". You hear about a young person and its "Well, shouldn't have been partying". Even though not everyone in that age group is irresponsible. My friend group is about as responsible as it comes when it comes to covid, and we've had quite a few scares between us all.

Jrb1979

Ah! I see, we were on the same page the whole time. ;) Yeah, that is concerning. I think it's easier to dismiss young people because of all those pics of the Spring Breakers gathering en masse. You hear about an elderly person in the hospital and your first thought is "What terrible luck". You hear about a young person and its "Well, shouldn't have been partying". Even though not everyone in that age group is irresponsible. My friend group is about as responsible as it comes when it comes to covid, and we've had quite a few scares between us all.
It's also a reason masks and social distancing should stay in place til the majority are vaccinated. Its concerning that many places are dropping restrictions already.

Mark52479

I have question I want to throw out there..........

Does Disney really need to require a vaccine passport with the way things are going right now and how crowded it already looks like it will be going forward?

So far NO outbreaks have been reported and they keep gradually increasing the capacity with no problems so far.

IMO I think they are going to keep going with increasing WITHOUT requiring any tests or vaccines. They will keep pushing and pushing and see what happens.

FYI: I have had my vaccine and I am for vaccines, this is just a question I want to throw out there......

Jrb1979

Does Disney really need to require a vaccine passport with the way things are going right now and how crowded it already looks like it will be going forward?

So far NO outbreaks have been reported and they keep gradually increasing the capacity with no problems so far.

IMO I think they are going to keep going with increasing WITHOUT requiring any tests or vaccines. They will keep pushing and pushing and see what happens.

FYI: I have had my vaccine and I am for vaccines, this is just a question I want to throw out there......
My answer is we will never know if there was an outbreak as contact tracing was never done.

Jrb1979

There’s nothing funny about it. People are still falling ill and dying.
I am not saying it's funny seeing people dying or getting ill. What is funny is the overreactions from people on everything that's being done to combat Covid. Seeing so many get into an uproar over possible vaccine passports, still having to wear masks and social distancing. At this point it's hilarious. This stuff has been going on for a year and people still complain.

Lilofan

I am not saying it's funny seeing people dying or getting ill. What is funny is the overreactions from people on everything that's being done to combat Covid. Seeing so many get into an uproar over possible vaccine passports, still having to wear masks and social distancing. At this point it's hilarious. This stuff has been going on for a year and people still complain.
We have ignorant and blind as a bat folks in this world.

oceanbreeze77

In all honesty, I think the vaccine requirement is going to come from a business standpoint. WDW gets tons of foreigners. The questions of how will they be protected from us, and how will we be protected from them will come up.

WDW gets a lot of people from areas that are more conservative (not saying this to get political). Its going to get to a point where more liberal guests AND castmembers are going to ask "who is protecting us from these people?"

And lets not forget Disneyland is in the middle of Liberal California, where many people would be delighted to see them require vaccines. (again. say this not to be political but it is something disney has to weigh)

I think the question is, at what point would it be fiscally beneficial for them to require vaccines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom