Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark52479

Like I said in a previous thread, an Executive Order signed by Desantis may or may NOT hold water.......

Today though he mentioned how he will get the state legislature involved. NOW THAT is where the big issues comes into play and we could have a problem.

If the Florida State legislature passes a law saying NO VACCINE PASSPORTS there is absolutely NOTHING a Company Like Disney can do. Can they fight it, probably, I dont think they would though.

The States Legislatures hold all the cards here in FL and other states.

I am thinking more and more now WDW will NOT require vaccine passports. I originally thought it was a big possibility I have now changed my mind.

Roy G. Dis

Like I said in a previous thread, an Executive Order signed by Desantis may or may NOT hold water.......

Today though he mentioned how he will get the state legislature involved. NOW THAT is where the big issues comes into play and we could have a problem.

If the Florida State legislature passes a law saying NO VACCINE PASSPORTS there is absolutely NOTHING a Company Like Disney can do. Can they fight it, probably, I dont think they would though.

The States Legislatures hold all the cards here in FL and other states.
? Disney can absolutely decide who can enter their properties or am I missing something?

Mark52479

? Disney can absolutely decide who can enter their properties or am I missing something?
Would have nothing to do with private property at that point.

State legislature would sign a bill saying any entity doing business under the state of florida CAN NOT require vaccine passports.

This is where cruise lines can have some say since a lot do NOT do business as an Entity in Florida.

MaryJaneP

State legislature would sign a bill saying any entity doing business under the state of florida CAN NOT require vaccine passports.

Wouldn't that encourage "offshoring" ownership? Kinda surprised they haven't already done this as many of the big cruise companies have "flags of convenience" to avoid US laws on thing like labor and safety, among others.

GimpYancIent

That’s what the airlines oppose. They are not opposed to the creation of vaccine passports today (although they do prefer a federal one as opposed to 50 state programs) and they are not completely opposed to using them in the future should the need come. What they are opposed to is a government imposed requirement that they can’t control that requires a vaccination to fly domestically. They want to leave the option open and hope that the community spread is low enough to not need them.
Airlines in particular are looking at their businesses not public health. For a price they will transport anything, anytime, anywhere and do it professionally.

JAKECOTCenter

Never thought I'd see the day when the government stands up to corporations and local leaders, albeit in a way I disagree with. I mean I don't really care either way if we have passports or not.

TrainsOfDisney

Never thought I'd see the day when the government stands up to corporations and local leaders, albeit in a way I disagree with. I mean I don't really care either way if we have passports or not.

Disney would win if they wanted to. I have no clue what Disney wants or doesn’t want at this point. Their mask rules are very strict - do any other businesses enforce the types of masks you can wear?

I’m all for mask rules and even I can’t figure out why disney doesn’t allow neck gaiters unless someone got it confused with gators which are strictly prohibited in the parks unless your name is Louis.

Roy G. Dis

You guys are living inside an alternate reality if you think WDW is going to go to no-masks, no-social distancing without any way to verify that people aren't going around spreading Covid. In this very thread on this very page there is a dude saying he'll never get vaccinated. And he's supposed to go butt-to-butt with everyone else with no mask in a huge crowd? You call that freedom? I call that cruel and unusual punishment.

JAKECOTCenter

Disney would win if they wanted to. I have no clue what Disney wants or doesn’t want at this point. Their mask rules are very strict - do any other businesses enforce the types of masks you can wear?

I’m all for mask rules and even I can’t figure out why disney doesn’t allow neck gaiters unless someone got it confused with gators which are strictly prohibited in the parks unless your name is Louis.
Or Tick-Tock

Mark52479

You guys are living inside an alternate reality if you think WDW is going to go to no-masks, no-social distancing without any way to verify that people aren't going around spreading Covid. In this very thread on this very page there is a dude saying he'll never get vaccinated. And he's supposed to go butt-to-butt with everyone else with no mask in a huge crowd? You call that freedom? I call that cruel and unusual punishment.
I could see a negative test. Especially when these rapid tests become more available.

Passports? They might have their hands tied on that one.

JAKECOTCenter

That will get ugly. Remember that DeSantis is running for President in 2022 and he’s putting all his eggs in the anti-Covid restrictions basket. If Biden attempted to stop him that would be playing right into his hands politically. I’m hoping the vaccines get less political not more.
It would be wise for Biden to just continue on what's he's doing. Because apart from the hardcore trump base, he's decently popular. He wants to keep this streak going at least until we're in the post-pandemic timeline. Having him in these cultural war battles is something he can't afford

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I could see a negative test. Especially when these rapid tests become more available.

Passports? They might have their hands tied on that one.
I like that thinking. Well if they cannot require a vaccine passport they could require a negative Covid test for anyone entering and then say if you show proof of vaccination you are exempt from the test requirement. Problem solved. Then the company is not requiring anyone to get the vaccine to get in. Executive order defeated. Mickey Mouse one, Governor Ron zero ;););)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom