Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

correcaminos

Does means they need boosters shots by next winter (2021-2022) so there won't be anymore winter surges because all millions of people got vaccines?
We don't know yet. They are working on things and testing with the trials though just in case. I have yet to be called in for any booster shots. I have my 6 month post 2nd dose appointment in a little over 2 weeks. I'll likely hear more then if they think they need it at this time.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
We don't know yet. They are working on things and testing with the trials though just in case. I have yet to be called in for any booster shots. I have my 6 month post 2nd dose appointment in a little over 2 weeks. I'll likely hear more then if they think they need it at this time.
So there won't be another winter surge by end of 2021?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So PA plans to have scheduled appointments for all of the 1a group which includes 65+ and 16-64 with higher risk by the end of March. They are also planning to start additional targeted rollouts of JnJ doses to other essential worker groups after the successful rollout to teachers. They plan to do law enforcement, firefighters and grocery workers among other groups as they get more JnJ doses and run specialized clinics most likely on site for them. This is a really smart way to use the JnJ shots. A few months back DeSantis actually suggested using the JnJ shots the same way in FL once approved but he apparently forgot about that statement.

mmascari

I can’t believe I’m saying this...but we actually need a little more of this :oops::rolleyes::hungover: For the greater good....
It’ll never be the message you want or need it to be.

I wouldn’t even have posted it, just left the reader to find. It was only the thought of saving a Google trip for the bad day that made me find a link to share. It’s not even the one I saw first, there were so many comments when it occurred. Probably just as much spread as a direct tweet.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
So PA plans to have scheduled appointments for all of the 1a group which includes 65+ and 16-64 with higher risk by the end of March. They are also planning to start additional targeted rollouts of JnJ doses to other essential worker groups after the successful rollout to teachers. They plan to do law enforcement, firefighters and grocery workers among other groups as they get more JnJ doses and run specialized clinics most likely on site for them. This is a really smart way to use the JnJ shots. A few months back DeSantis actually suggested using the JnJ shots the same way in FL once approved but he apparently forgot about that statement.

Is Christmas and Thanksgiving will go back to normal? But no winter surges anymore because vaccines and booster shots?

DisneyDebRob

Yep, I read this earlier. Great goals.. big plans.. don’t know how they are going to do it but I’m hoping. PA is still one of the lowest states at around 6-7 percent vaccinated. Us here in counties, where you and I love GoofGoof, can’t seem to get a good supply in.. we are still way behind on 1a group. I just looked on the one list I’m on and there’s about 100000 people I’m behind and haven’t even heard from the other places. Have no idea how this is going to happen but I still am holding out hope.

TrainsOfDisney

Disney World made Colbert again... he reminded everyone visiting Disney World for Spring break to stop by the Country Bear Eulogy -
BC47C1EB-E25D-4A91-A053-9AA74C8644AA.png

Kevin_W

Getting back to 6 is optimal. You can ride without all 6 but it takes away from the experience to have empty seats. Not to mention reduces capacity. You aren’t in the room very long and you are further apart than seating on an airplane so as long as everyone is masked seems pretty safe.

I'd disagree - we rode it pre-Covid with 6 and in October with just our 3. My daughter and I getting to both be pilots (as opposed to 2 gunners and and engineer) was a much more fun experience for us.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Yep, I read this earlier. Great goals.. big plans.. don’t know how they are going to do it but I’m hoping. PA is still one of the lowest states at around 6-7 percent vaccinated. Us here in counties, where you and I love GoofGoof, can’t seem to get a good supply in.. we are still way behind on 1a group. I just looked on the one list I’m on and there’s about 100000 people I’m behind and haven’t even heard from the other places. Have no idea how this is going to happen but I still am holding out hope.
The good news is that people are on multiple lists so of the 100,000 ahead of you who knows how many already went or have appointments. Ironically, while I was getting my first shot at Rite Aid I got an e-mail from the county site with my token to book an appointment. I saw it when I was waiting for 15 mins before leaving. I did reply back that I already had an appointment so they could move on down the list.

PA is now about middle of the pack with 19.9% with at least 1 shot (which is the national number) and closer to the bottom for fully vaccinated at 9.5% which is 1% below the national average of 10.5%. We are still catching up from the issue where some pharmacies accidentally gave out doses that should have been held back for 2nd doses. I think we are a few weeks away from fully catching up.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I'd disagree - we rode it pre-Covid with 6 and in October with just our 3. My daughter and I getting to both be pilots (as opposed to 2 gunners and and engineer) was a much more fun experience for us.
Makes sense. If you have a preferred position it’s easier to get with less people. Position aside, I prefer a full crew.

CatesMom

How disheartening. COVID is a community problem and it could have been solved so much more efficiently with a community solution. Unfortunately, too many people decided that their individual comfort and enjoyment came first. How would we have fared in WWII if folks had simply decided that it would be more convenient not to participate in rationing, tire drives, or air raid drills?
I legitimately haven't changed how im doing things day to day...but than again i live in Florida so.

oceanbreeze77

How disheartening. COVID is a community problem and it could have been solved so much more efficiently with a community solution. Unfortunately, too many people decided that their individual comfort and enjoyment came first. How would we have fared in WWII if folks had simply decided that it would be more convenient not to participate in rationing, tire drives, or air raid drills?
We can only hope that when kids read about coronavirus in history books in 20 years that they say "wow thats so dumb/awful/bad, why would people do that?!?" the way many of us said that about other events from history.

matt9112

The priority should be based on risk which is a combination of how susceptible the person would be to a bad outcome if they got sick, but also how likely they are to get infected. All else being equal I would rather see a shot go to a police officer who often has to have close contact with the public over a person who can work from home every day.

What about the rest of us that work every day out in contact with everybody but don't have a status job? Are electricians not important? Or refrigeration? Etc see where im going? Or a mcdonalds worker even? Theres this thought process on this board that we can all work from home except nurses,teachers and first responders. Theres legitimately 100s of other occupuations that come into contact with people on a daily basis.

In for everyone getting vacinated....trying to box me into a corner saying teachers shouldnt be is silly...but to each there own.

matt9112

Well we should have never been dragged into WW2 but thats an entirely different rabit hole that nobody likes because pearl harbor. (Even though politicis could have prevented that likely)

Individual rights is legitimately all we have to stand on. Without it goverment can run amuck. I know i know democracys dont do that (gasps) another unrelated rabbit hole.

However for clarification i meant i have not changed how im acting during covid not that i am acting the same as pre covid. (Granted im not hiidng in my house either) i cant even if i wanted to. My job literally invovles driving around to different businesses all day.

Touchdown

Well we should have never been dragged into WW2 but thats an entirely different rabit hole that nobody likes because pearl harbor. (Even though politicis could have prevented that likely)
You would prefer a facist or communist Europe? There was no way Britain would have turned the tide without our help. At best, they could have fought to a stalemate and kept the Nazis off the British isles, but only assuming the USSR eventually turns the tide and defeats Germany despite Japan turning its attention to them and opening an Eastern Front and potentially stopping the trucks and other aid the US was sending via Siberia that was vital to their war effort. If the European eastern front ends with a stalemate or Nazi victory and Germany is free to entirely focus its military power on the British I don’t see how they could have prevented an invasion. But I don’t see how a stalemate in Europe would have lasted because if Germany is not defeated when it was, the Nazis would have invented the nuclear bomb.

Of course this is all pointless, because there is no way Japan was going to accept Americans in the Phillipeans or Hawaii and we were never going to accept the Asian Coprosperty Sphere. If we tried diplomacy the end result would be a facist empire to our west, and another to our East or a fully communist Europe. Eventually, one of those entities is going to want to invade us and snuff out democracy for good. To suggest otherwise is crazy.

Last edited:

seascape

Well the NY Times numbers for Friday's report is out. Clearly there was a problem with Delaware in yesterday's report as they now say Delaware is at 21 cases a day. That is great news. As for the other states in the 30s, NJ is still at 39, NY still at 37 and RI still at 32. Horrible and my neighbors in NY and NJ should be ashamed of themselves and President Biden should come out and specifically criticize those 3 states. The 4th highest state is DC with 23 followed by Massachusetts with 22 and Delaware, South Carolina, Florida and Connecticut with 21. Every other state is at 19 or below. That is 41 states! Yes 41 states are 19 or below and yet 3 states are over 30! NO EXCUSE. Since DC is not a state and is actually a city, I will compare NJ and NY to the real 4th highest state, Massachusetts. New Jersey has 77.3% more cases than Massachusetts and NY has 68.2% more. Now since we are all more interested in Florida, NJ has 85.7% more cases and NY has 76.2% more cases than Florida. AGAIN, NO EXCUSE. Look at California, they are now at 9 cases per 100,000. Wyoming increased from 9 to 10 but trading Wyoming for California is a trade anyone would make.

3 states in the 30's
6 states in the 20's
36 states in the 10's
6 cases in single digits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom