Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainAmerica

"President Joe Biden is set to announce Thursday evening that he will direct states to make all adults eligible for the Covid vaccines by May 1.

Biden, in his first primetime address to the nation, is also expected to say that Americans should be able to gather in small groups to celebrate the Fourth of July, a senior administration official told reporters Thursday.

“He will be clear that that does not mean large events where lots of people gather, but it does mean that we can once again have an independence day with small gatherings and celebrations,” the official told reporters ahead of the speech.

“And that’s a big step in the right direction,” the official added. “We believe that if we do our part we’ll be in a much better place by Independence Day, and we can start to resume more of our normal activities.”

Biden’s address is scheduled for just after 8 p.m. ET, and will be broadcast from the East Room of the White House. The speech is expected to last less than 20 minutes."

If everyone can get the vaccine in May, why the hell are we only "closer to normal" where we can only have small gatherings on July 4?

tpac24

Cue the shark ;)
Or could it be the election is long over and they definitely didn't let a crisis go to waste? I remember the Joe who was going to take the virus out back and kick it is and warned of a dark winter . Yet here we are throwing the baby out with the bath water and it hasn't even been a 100 days.

JoeCamel

Or could it be the election is long over and they definitely didn't let a crisis go to waste? I remember the Joe who was going to take the virus out back and kick it is *** and warned of a dark winter . Yet here we are throwing the baby out with the bath water and it hasn't even been a 100 days.
You missed the reference - see Universal

aliceismad

oceanbreeze77

shots tequila GIF

GoofGoof

Premium Member
OH man, I'm going to find a vet if I need a booster! I live in what they call an "equine community" so - housecall! Do the Coggins on the mare next door and swing by and jab me! Better than Amazon Prime
I’m definitely going to the vet for my second shot. My dog always gets a piece of cheese when she gets shots and they didn’t give me nothin at Rite Aid today ;)

Disney Experience

Meanwhile, Europe, who did almost (almost) everything right vs America can't even properly administer vaccines because of BS bureaucracy and pandering to anti-vaxxers.
I wish people would state why they think they did everything right vs USA. (Versus just stating it as a fact [without evidence])

Here is some evidence of the current rate of vaccination in the world. Other than UK[Which is not Europe], USA has vaccinated as a percentage of their population ( 19.36% ) more than any country in Europe.

jinx8402

If everyone can get the vaccine in May, why the hell are we only "closer to normal" where we can only have small gatherings on July 4?
Keep in mind, opening to everyone on May 1 does not mean there is the capacity (either vaccine or man power) for everyone to get it that day/week. Then, it a good amount of those are 2 shot regimens, you are looking at mid to late June for a most adults who want the vaccine to actually have received the full regimen.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
He is requiring that all states make the vaccine available to all adults by May 1 at the latest. Most states will move to that earlier than May 1. Alaska is already there. They don’t think everyone will be done being vaccinated in May. You would need to have your first dose of Moderna by May 23 in order to get the second dose 28 days later by June 20 and then be immune by July 4th 2 weeks later. Anyone starting Moderna after May 23 won’t be fully immune by Juiy 4th. For Pfizer it’s May 30 and JnJ June 20. So while most people getting vaccinated will be fully immune by July 4th some will not. I don’t think it’s too restrictive to say small gatherings by July 4th. That’s a very emotionally significant target. I think a really smart way to further encourage vaccine acceptance. In his speech he better highlight that July 4th can be great but only if we hold the line today with masks and distancing to keep the cases in decline and also we get enough people vaccinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom