Status
Not open for further replies.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
By October, if there was no herd immunity, is going to be fall spike or not. Is we are getting a herd immunity by summer or October / November? Is this fall spike is really not gonna happen?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
thanks, I found source for getting it late but wasn't able to find anything about how early was ok.
My MIL got her first dose of Moderna at Rite Aid and they scheduled her second appointment 24 days later. She had an appointment that got cancelled and rescheduled 4 days later so they accidentally scheduled her 2nd shot 28 days from the cancelled appointment date. She called the pharmacy to see if it was ok because we had seen that they said you could go 4 days early and up to 2 weeks late. The pharmacy said they would not give the dose less than 28 days after the first shot so her appointment needed to be changed.

DisneyCane

Lots of appointments available at the Orange County Convention Center vaccine site -

I'm starting to fear that the demand for vaccination is far less than we'd like it to be. I've heard of other counties that are having difficulty finding enough eligible individuals to come get the shot.

For sure the demand exceeds current supply overall but I'm starting to think the 70% from the polls is going to end up being the high end of people who actually go out and get the vaccine. I hope I'm wrong.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
My MIL got her first dose of Moderna at Rite Aid and they scheduled her second appointment 24 days later. She had an appointment that got cancelled and rescheduled 4 days later so they accidentally scheduled her 2nd shot 28 days from the cancelled appointment date. She called the pharmacy to see if it was ok because we had seen that they said you could go 4 days early and up to 2 weeks late. The pharmacy said they would not give the dose less than 28 days after the first shot so her appointment needed to be changed.

So it sounds like some places are not using that 4 day early grace period?

Touchdown

I'm starting to fear that the demand for vaccination is far less than we'd like it to be. I've heard of other counties that are having difficulty finding enough eligible individuals to come get the shot.

For sure the demand exceeds current supply overall but I'm starting to think the 70% from the polls is going to end up being the high end of people who actually go out and get the vaccine. I hope I'm wrong.
That’s only because Florida hasn’t opened up to essential workers yet. They need to expand the pool.

Patcheslee

Being a drive thru location could be contributing to unfilled appointments. Would they allow people to walk up if they didn't have a vehicle?
Up until IN opened to the 50+ I was seeing appointments available same day in our county. Now it's back to 3 weeks out, but daily doses have still averaged 250 total doses for 2 weeks straight. If they don't pick up the pace, it'll be another 120 days to get us to 70%

ToTBellHop

Or some states need to expand eligibility. FL is 65+ or 16-64 with a signed form declaring comorbidities. It may be time to expand to 55+.

carolina_yankee

As expected the NY Times is now reporting Florida is down to 22 cases per 100,000. However, there are still 3 states in the 30's. 7 in the 20's, 37 in the 10's and 4 in single digits. But there is good news as 2 States, Vermont and Connecticut are at 20 and about to go down to the teens. There are also 4 States, North Dakota, Kansas. Wisconsin and Wyoming at 10 and about to enter the single digits. On the horrible side New Jersey increased to 38 and New York stayed at 37 but Rhode Island went down to 31 so hopefully in a day or 2 we will be down to 2 states in the 30's, 6 in the 20s, 35 in the 10's and 8 in single digits. It is mindboggling to think that California will soon be be in single digits while NY and NJ will still be in the 30's. Something is wrong with that. California has show great progress over the last few weeks buy not NY and NJ. Yes, they have variants but so does the rest of the country and yet only those 2 states show no improvement. It's not what you see in public but behind closed doors. Too many gatherings? Something is wrong and it should be publicized. NJ is 58.33% higher than number 4 DC and 72.7% higher than Florida. NO EXCUSE!

Even in NJ it is very split. The counties along the Delaware are doing fairly good, sometimes in the teens, most low 20s. It's Monmouth and Ocean Counties, followed by some of the countries across the Hudson. I'm stunned at how fast the numbers have gone up in Monmouth.

_caleb

I find it frustrating and sad how many posters here see literally everything happening in the world primarily through a left/right political lens. It doesn’t make sense to me. All the whataboutism, the “your guy” stuff, and the prepackaged ideologies work against honest dialog and community processing of information.

Also, are we sure everyone on this thread is an actual human person? If there was a way to know, I’d be interested. Not looking for any personal information on anyone; maybe a Turing test for members? One of those “I’m not a robot”/CAPTCHA-type things?

Touchdown

It’s time for the CDC to acknowledge reality, vaccinated people do not spread Covid. Short of masking and distancing in public there shouldn’t be any restrictions on fully vaccinated people.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Even in NJ it is very split. The counties along the Delaware are doing fairly good, sometimes in the teens, most low 20s. It's Monmouth and Ocean Counties, followed by some of the countries across the Hudson. I'm stunned at how fast the numbers have gone up in Monmouth.
makes sense if a particular variant was deeply impacting the NYC area the parts of NJ in the suburbs of NYC would also be impacted and the parts further from NYC where people spend more time in Philly or don’t visit NYC regularly for work or leisure would be less impacted.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I find it frustrating and sad how many posters here see literally everything happening in the world primarily through a left/right political lens. It doesn’t make sense to me. All the whataboutism, the “your guy” stuff, and the prepackaged ideologies work against honest dialog and community processing of information.

Also, are we sure everyone on this thread is an actual human person? If there was a way to know, I’d be interested. Not looking for any personal information on anyone; maybe a Turing test for members? One of those “I’m not a robot”/CAPTCHA-type things?
I am not an actual human person. I am a cartoon dog 🙃

ToTBellHop

That’s insulting. Here’s me.
CF042A19-61A1-49E4-B35C-0AABB9F13A16.jpeg

1615483945574.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom