Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyDebRob

How do you quickly and securely determine if a person is vaccinated or is lying. The CDC card is easily spoofed, which is why “vaccine passports” are being looked into, but it’s not ready yet. With their being no way to distinguish vaccinated from not and vaccinated being a minority it’s safer to assume all aren’t.
I’m in agreement with you! 🙂

dreday3

Again, as I said in the post right above you, I know this. Been discussed to death here and we still hear about it every few pages. I was referring to the second part of the posters paragraph.

The part of vaccinated people can still infect others.. why would they do that.

yes...I was editing as you were quoting me.

dreday3

But how does that relate to "studies on whether vaccinated people can still infect others will be held back or downplayed for similar reasons."?

I edited my post.

A simple misunderstanding people, relax! :eek:

But I'll attempt to answer - perhaps poster means that they won't release the studies if they show that vaccinated people CAN'T infect other people because they don't want vaccinated people to stop wearing masks.

(not my point of view)

sullyinMT

How do you quickly and securely determine if a person is vaccinated or is lying. The CDC card is easily spoofed, which is why “vaccine passports” are being looked into, but it’s not ready yet. With their being no way to distinguish vaccinated from not and vaccinated being a minority it’s safer to assume all aren’t.
For now, yes. But I’ve seen where United has looked into partnerships with one of the digital wallet type companies for app integration.

There’s also your county/state health official, which could provide a notarized copy like they do for school enrollment.

I’m not saying it’s easy. But it’s something that should be looked into once we get into double-digit percentages of the population fully vaccinated. And the program should be vetted and in place before we get to that point. Of course, for continuity on the plane/train/ferry, it shouldn’t be interpreted as your “get out of mask free” card.

sullyinMT

Again, as I said in the post right above you, I know this. Been discussed to death here and we still hear about it every few pages. I was referring to the second part of the posters paragraph.

The part of vaccinated people can still infect others.. why would they do that.
I think (with current supply issues I don’t agree) that the implication is that there would be a run on vaccine by near future travelers trying to “jump the line.”

Chi84

Premium Member
What would be the reason they would “held back “as you say, important info such as that? I’m really trying to come up with a good conspiracy reason but can’t even think of one. Doesn’t make sense at all.
If the government wants people to keep wearing masks even though they have been fully vaccinated, letting them think they can still infect others provides a reason. I thought that was why people keep posting that it's important to wear a mask after being vaccinated because it's possible you can still infect others. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding those posts.

JoeCamel

If the government wants people to keep wearing masks even though they have been fully vaccinated, letting them think they can still infect others provides a reason. I thought that was why people keep posting that it's important to wear a mask after being vaccinated because it's possible you can still infect others. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding those posts.
OK, I see your point. I think it would be odd if they did that but I also think it is just not studied and therefore they are saying err on the safe side. Plenty of masks now and sets the right tone for those still vulnerable

Heppenheimer

We really won't know if vaccinated people can still pass the virus until community spread drops to low enough levels that we can more easily docontract tracing. That probably won't be possible in most states until a fairly large percentage of the population are vaccinated. So, best to keep wearing masks for now. We've pulled back too soon too often in this pandemic, I'd like to think we may have finally learned our lesson. But probably not.

Chi84

Premium Member
OK, I see your point. I think it would be odd if they did that but I also think it is just not studied and therefore they are saying err on the safe side. Plenty of masks now and sets the right tone for those still vulnerable
I’m sure you’re right. I don’t usually subscribe to conspiracy theories - I blame PTSD from a four-year barrage of lies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Logistically it would be very hard now to say if you had the vaccine you don’t need to wear a mask anymore. Enforcement becomes more of a challenge. Think of the Disney parks, even if they asked for some form of proof of vaccine at the gate how could they enforce masks are worn by people who haven’t been vaccinated in the park itself. Now if a CM spots someone without a mask on walking around they can politely ask them to put one on. If a percent of the people don’t need to wear one then it’s impossible to tell unless you have people wear a sticker or a wrist band or something. It’s logistically less challenging to just keep masks until the community spread is low enough that they aren’t needed and then just make them optional. At that point maybe even recommend that anyone not vaccinated wear one but don’t require it.

JoeCamel

Logistically it would be very hard now to say if you had the vaccine you don’t need to wear a mask anymore. Enforcement becomes more of a challenge. Think of the Disney parks, even if they asked for some form of proof of vaccine at the gate how could they enforce masks are worn by people who haven’t been vaccinated in the park itself. Now if a CM spots someone without a mask on walking around they can politely ask them to put one on. If a percent of the people don’t need to wear one then it’s impossible to tell unless you have people wear a sticker or a wrist band or something. It’s logistically less challenging to just keep masks until the community spread is low enough that they aren’t needed and then just make them optional. At that point maybe even recommend that anyone not vaccinated wear one but don’t require it.
If they coupled the second dose of vaccine with a skin pop of ink to the forehead we would know

Last edited:

Mr Mindcrime

agree with what you are saying, but the problem is there are people who are warry of these vaccines because they only took 10 months to develop. It is important for these people to understand the years of research that led up to this. Even though these are the first mRNA vaccines, there have been human trials of other mRNA vaccines as far back as 2011.
That's fair. Good point.

Leadership (in our country) with transparency, honesty, and solid communication, seems to be in short supply ..... and has been that way for a long, long time.

Disney Experience

We really won't know if vaccinated people can still pass the virus until community spread drops to low enough levels that we can more easily docontract tracing. That probably won't be possible in most states until a fairly large percentage of the population are vaccinated. So, best to keep wearing masks for now. We've pulled back too soon too often in this pandemic, I'd like to think we may have finally learned our lesson. But probably not.
The animal studies seem to tilt the balance to minimal chance of spread via the vaccinated. Since it is 95% effective (and less known how effective in preventing asymptomatic covid) then there is a chance. But the animals challenged with covid when vaccinated left no trace of the virus in them in a very short time (Some news sites reported the next day the animals had zero detectable virus, but I thought the report said zero virus when examined on third day)

Last edited:

mmascari

But given the abysmal turnaround times right now locally for tests - still 5 day-
A 5 day old result would be useless. If you didn’t quarantine for all those days. The current rapid test isn’t good with no symptoms, so that doesn’t help either. A different test would be needed.

Exactly. People already lie for the simple questions, do you have a fever or any symptoms? Nope, just fine, don't mind the sweating or shivering, pay no attention to the wheezing.

For now, yes. But I’ve seen where United has looked into partnerships with one of the digital wallet type companies for app integration.

There’s also your county/state health official, which could provide a notarized copy like they do for school enrollment.
The market in fakes would explode in relation to the advantages. Fake id gets you a beer, eh you got beer, low collateral risk. Fake id you contribute to a super spreader event, because you’re exempt from other actions, someone dies. Even if it’s low probably, a single impact has high consequences. Not a good combination.

I don’t really want single all knowing government database tracking and supporting queries about my status either.

The vaccine isn’t 100%. The mitigation actions, consistent with everyone else is low cost. While community spread is high, chances of hitting that 5% hole are more likely. Once community spread is low, chance of hitting the 5% hole will be significantly smaller, since there’s so much less spread going on.

All of this gets to the same answer. Mitigation efforts will be tied to community spread and not directly to vaccine distribution or availability. More distribution will drive down community spread and that’s what will allow removal of mitigation efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom