Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin_W

I also was asked to look away when they administered the shot. I assumed that was because the saline injection and the vaccine injection use different type of syringe or perhaps just the color of the fluid is a tell.

There could be other reasons, like you say, for the vaccine shot. But I've always been asked to look away for flu shots as well, and usually for giving blood at the red cross. Many people do not do well with watching needles go into their own skin and the healthcare folks don't want to deal with you passing out or vomiting. :)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Was the actual injection extremely cold and, if so, did it cause discomfort while being injected? That's the first thing I thought of when I heard how cold the vaccine needed to be kept in shipment.
The deep freeze is for shipping and storage. For Pfizer the pre-diluted vaccine can stay in a standard refrigerator for 5 days before spoiling and for Moderna up to 30 days. When getting ready to use the vaccines are diluted on site and used within 6 hours. For Pfizer each vial of shipped frozen vaccine is diluted to create 5 usable vaccinations.

Here’s some more details on the temperature requirements:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
There could be other reasons, like you say, for the vaccine shot. But I've always been asked to look away for flu shots as well, and usually for giving blood at the red cross. Many people do not do well with watching needles go into their own skin and the healthcare folks don't want to deal with you passing out or vomiting. :)
I look away too...but just because I’m a big baby 🍼 I was told one time to look away and I never even felt the shot so I’ve always just done that after. Seeing the needle go in hurts more ;););)

DCBaker

Premium Member
Numbers are out - there were 97 new reported deaths.

Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 2.32.27 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 2.32.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 2.32.52 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 2.32.19 PM.png

Disney Experience

You did Grand Floridian and the Grand Hotel in one fell swoop? In non-COVID times, I'd be totally jealous!
Yes. It was wonderful. Stayed at the three bedroom villa at the Grand Floridian (Booked it 11 months prior..before covid)[Used a lot of points from multiple years]. No floats or fireworks :(. Victoria and Alberts was closed due to covid. I had wanted to do it on the honeymoon, because it was where I had proposed to her over a year before.

Had a beautiful room at the Grand hotel right during the Somewhere in Time weekend. Great food, and loved that the island only allows bicycles and horse drawn carriages. Our final stop was a cabin (airbnb) in the Blueridge mountains in Georgia.

Other than the Grand Floridian (which was always in the plan), Covid definitely impacted us. Originally we were going on a 15 day southern Caribbean cruise. That was cancelled by the cruiseline. Then my backup plan was Jade Mountain (www.jademountain.com). It is a very romantic hotel on the island of St. Lucia. But in September my wife[Fiancée at that time] found out that her passport expired this year, not next year. Due to covid-19 the passport office does not do expediated processing, and to get 72 hour processing you need a death in the immediate family or health emergency. Normal processing was way backed up due to limited staffing. So we switched to the Grand Hotel in northern Michigan and it was a wonderful stay. Food was awesome, we gained a little weight as expected.

Both my wife and I had used Diet-to-go to lose weight before wedding which worked much better than Nutrisystem for us. Lost 35 lbs before wedding, but gained some back on honeymoon...which I am losing again. It was fun to dress up in my Tux too at the Grand Hotel. rarely need to use it in central florida, not even for broadway plays at the Phillips Center.

Last edited:

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
The President lost, DeSantis no longer has a horse in the denial race. So what's his deal?
Honestly, probably so he doesn't lose face. No politician can ever admit to being wrong if they want to run for office again. The other piece of this is that Florida desperately needs tourism right now, tax dollar wise, so I'd imagine they are trying to still frame it as Florida is open for business, come one come all.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
The President lost, DeSantis no longer has a horse in the denial race. So what's his deal?
By the way, did you in a million years think this thread would be at the top of the main news & rumors page for 10 months (and counting) with 2300+ pages of back and forth?

Crazy to think back at the time, even if it was a short while ago.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
By the way, did you in a million years think this thread would be at the top of the main news & rumors page for 10 months (and counting) with 2300+ pages of back and forth?

Crazy to think back at the time, even if it was a short while ago.
From the way folks responded to me at the time... I kind of did. They gave us a hint by ringing their bells. But remember... it wasn't a big deal at all.

download.jpg

tirian

From the way folks responded to me at the time... I kind of did. They gave us a hint by ringing their bells. But remember... it wasn't a big deal at all.

View attachment 516420
It seems to be too much to ask people to (1) take something seriously and (2) avoid panic.

I’d hate to see today’s Americans try to handle WWI, the Great Depression, or WWII. Too many feelings might be hurt. ;) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom