Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MickeyLuv'r

Yes. I know. I was providing a phone number for the person to call. They should do research and read what they signed up for. I’m sure there are clauses in the AP that covers Disney just like when Hurricanes come through the region.
Sure, but that doesn't absolutely mean they won't (potentially) do something extra in order to retain their most loyal customers.

At this point, it is pure speculation either way.

We don't yet know the full impact of this situation, or how Disney will react.

Brer Oswald

As someone living in Korea which is hard hit right now, I can tell you, those donwplaying aren't taking things serious enough.

This effects everyone very differently and thanks to how easily this virus spreads the US healthcare system isn't closed to prepared to deal with this.
And those overplaying it are in mass hysteria. Is it too much to ask to just take all the precautions you can and hope for the best? I don’t think it’s enough to change your life around, if you get it you get it. Just try to be hygienic. Don’t touch door handles. Wash your hands frequently. You should be doing these things regardless but a lot don’t.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
And those overplaying it are in mass hysteria. Is it too much to ask to just take all the precautions you can and hope for the best? I don’t think it’s enough to change your life around, if you get it you get it. Just try to be hygienic. Don’t touch door handles. Wash your hands frequently. You should be doing these things regardless but a lot don’t.

Basically just go about your day and do all of the things you normally do to be hygienic, unless you don't do this stuff. In that case, just stay home you nasty nasty virus spreading machines! :joyfull:

TBH I don't know a single person who's overreacting to it.

Quinnmac000

How many of your coworkers still show up to your office sick? Yea you may not touch anything and wash your hands but doesn't mean you won't catch it. Now you caught it, you spread to your spouse and kids who will see their teachers etc. Now one of their teachers are immunocompromised. One down. Another is elderly. Two down.

Everyone is so focused on the first order, they are totally ignoring second or third order effects of what this could do.

Brer Oswald

Basically just go about your day and do all of the things you normally do to be hygienic, unless you don't do this stuff. In that case, just stay home you nasty nasty virus spreading machines! :joyfull:

TBH I don't know a single person who's overreacting to it.
I have a friend who compared it to Ebola. My eyes nearly flew out of my head.

Brer Oswald

How many of your coworkers still show up to your office sick? Yea you may not touch anything and wash your hands but doesn't mean you won't catch it. Now you caught it, you spread to your spouse and kids who will see their teachers etc. Now one of their teachers are immunocompromised. One down. Another is elderly. Two down.

Everyone is so focused on the first order, they are totally ignoring second or third order effects of what this could do.
The second and third order is the only part that has me worried. If I catch it, chances are, I’ll probably be fine. Might put me out for a week. But I have family members with compromised Immune systems that might not be so lucky. But at the same time, there’s no use dwelling over it. There’s virtually nothing you can do about it, so I don’t see the use in panicking.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
The second and third order is the only part that has me worried. If I catch it, chances are, I’ll probably be fine. Might put me out for a week. But I have family members with compromised Immune systems that might not be so lucky. But at the same time, there’s no use dwelling over it. There’s virtually nothing you can do about it, so I don’t see the use in panicking.

I'm heading over to Tampa so I can get it over with and put this one behind me. /s

InnKpr

Wash your hands frequently. You should be doing these things regardless but a lot don’t.
This. It needs to be a practice embedded in us, especially when out in public, not only now but after all this chaos passes over. It always irks me when I see people leaving a public restroom without washing their hands or using hand sanitizer. :depressed:
A small child who forgets, I can give that a pass. But a grown adult, gimmie a break.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
3r5ui3.jpg

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
This. It needs to be a practice embedded in us, especially when out in public, not only now but after all this chaos passes over. It always irks me when I see people leaving a public restroom without washing their hands or using hand sanitizer. :depressed:
A small child who forgets, I can give that a pass. But a grown adult, gimmie a break.

Another demographic that should be shot into space.

fotofx

Actually was in a debate with someone about this. If you walk into a Disney restroom that does not have a door, walk up to a self flushing urinal or toilet. Only touch yourself while in there, and walk out... You may carry something out to others but are unlikely to catch anything from someone else while in there. Of course this would only apply to males who do not need to touch the seat or anything else to urinate..
Seems the guy I was speaking with has a valid argument for his own safety but not so great for others..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom