Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBLovedDisney

Realistically, the current mortality rate can't be accurate. The number of people who have been infected (and may just think they have the cold/flu or have no symptoms) is likely much, much higher than what's been reported or confirmed. That should drop the mortality rate down once the true scale of the infection has been factored in.

Still, it's nothing to take lightly. We are keeping a close eye on our upcoming WDW trips.
Aren't the symptoms of a head cold/flu/corona very similar, except you just don't get the chills and aches like the flu?

Gringrinngghost

To throw in here, let’s stick to the topic of COVID19 and not go off onto arguments that are basically: Is media an instrument of good or is it every man for himself?

Do I have issues with the media? Yes I do, it’s called tragedy . However seeing there are presumptive positive cases in central Florida, we need to refrain from debate.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Aren't the symptoms of a head cold/flu/corona very similar, except you just don't get the chills and aches like the flu?
Flu comes in multiple forms. I had it in January. Only with no throat or nose issues.

Anyway, some real news. And I quote:

“it is important to understand that the outbreak can be contained. A good number of countries have not reported new cases within the last two weeks.

The number of cases in China continues to decline. Only eight cases were reported outside Hubei province yesterday."

-The head of the World Health Organization (WHO), Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus

lazyboy97o

Realistically, the current mortality rate can't be accurate. The number of people who have been infected (and may just think they have the cold/flu or have no symptoms) is likely much, much higher than what's been reported or confirmed. That should drop the mortality rate down once the true scale of the infection has been factored in.

Still, it's nothing to take lightly. We are keeping a close eye on our upcoming WDW trips.
Yes, but the number of unknown cases would have to be of an immense magnitude to get the mortality and hospitalization rates down into the territory of the flu.

UNCgolf

Yes, but the number of unknown cases would have to be of an immense magnitude to get the mortality and hospitalization rates down into the territory of the flu.

It's so dependent on health care systems etc. though -- of course the flu is as well, but last I saw the death rate in South Korea (with one of the best health care systems in the world) was much smaller than the worldwide death rate. It was something like 0.5% or lower there.

Lirael

There have been new cases identified in Florida, though not yet in Orlando. Regardless of how actually dangerous it is, fact is people are panicking. I fear Disney and Universal closing their parks because of it, especially since there's precedent with them doing so in Japan

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
There have been new cases identified in Florida, though not yet in Orlando. Regardless of how actually dangerous it is, fact is people are panicking. I fear Disney and Universal closing their parks because of it, especially since there's precedent with them doing so in Japan

Prepared is not the same thing as panicked. Yes, some people are panicked but some people also believe the earth is flat and that vaccines cause autism. You can't categorize everyone on the behavior of a few.

Gringrinngghost

They are working with the respective County and state health departments and are closely monitoring the cases.

Overall NBC as a whole is extensively monitoring it as per what I’ve been told as I’ve had friends whom work for NBC got the same email in Atlanta, New York and Orlando to say the least.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Google it. It's everywhere.
Does google vet it’s “news sources”?

I hope so...because I was about to sue the federal government to get my income taxes back since Obama was born in Kenya
No it isn't. Actual verifiable sources only, please.
Yeah...people haven’t really learned recent lessons about the danger of free “information”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom