Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattFrees71

Just chiming in with my 2 cents, those low waits that were happening when the parks first opened are pretty much non existent now. I’ve been at the parks pretty regularly since they’ve reopened and this past Monday was the busiest I’ve seen it yet. For example, Pirates had a 50 minute wait at 11AM. So please take that into consideration if you’re going to risk traveling here expecting to walk on everything.
I've found that to be more true for MK and HS. Besides Frozen and Test Track, I've found Epcot to be quite sparse, even Soarin' having very low waits at times. AK not too bad too- I even heard Flight of Passage in the past week having less than 30 min wait at times . I think the latter two parks also don't feel as crowded just for how much larger and spaced out everything is.

Touchdown

Reasons I’m not going to Disney right now:

1. Covid remains far too prevelant in the community and is not being taken seriously enough by the population, all signs point towards another wave centered on the Midwest/plains states building in the next month.

2. The current hours of the parks and limited entertainment options I do not currently feel warrant the price of a Disney Vacation. I don’t mind wearing a mask, I don’t mind social distancing but I need a major price reduction or more entertainment to return before I consider going back.

Both issues must be resolved before I go, maybe Jan/Feb we’ll see.

Last edited:

SamusAranX

To anyone that wants to pull out ‘survival rates’ and feels confident in their ability to interpret them...

Age aside, do you know and calculate how your personal health skews your risk? Are you confident you don’t have an undiagnosed heart or circulatory condition? Minor chronic lung damage from an environmental exposure? Are you aware of your personal family genetic history of blood clots, or neurological diseases?

Can you say with confidence and backed by science that a Covid diagnosis, even asymptotic, does not potentially represent a reduced life span?

Is a 99% risk acceptable for you in all aspects of your life? Since you almost certainly don’t have a 1% chance of getting in a wreck every time you get in a car, are you ok with disabling the airbags and not putting on your seatbelt? Would you feel the same about a 99.9% survival rate if somebody pointed a gun at you and said ‘don’t worry, there’s a 1/1000 chance you won’t even be hit by the bullet?’ If you trust in a 99% survival rate, do you know a hundred people and are ok with the idea of never seeing one of them again?

There is fear, and then there is recklessness. Nobody here is suggesting we cower under a rock forever and don’t live our lives. Myself, and many here, have actually ventured out to the parks in the last few months and took confidence in the precautions being taken. We want them to continue, for now, until the science supports their removal. Living with concessions to reality is not fear. Recklessly ignoring reality is often regarded as Darwinism, and history has proven time and time again has real consequences.

I've posted this before, but boy oh boy am I excited for the 2020/2021 Darwin Awards 😂

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
With the crowds you are describing, Disney could really help by extending hours. 9 to 8 does not seem unreasonable.
That would increase their operating costs for really no reason...so what’s in it for them?
While I agree with your overall point, that's a bit of hyperbole; for 3.28 million to die means every single American would have to be infected.
True...

But if you do “herd immunity” like “Senator Rand” talks about as an evil wizard (I gotta wonder what’s in the water in that state??)...
If you did 70% exposure...that’s a death count of 2.29 mil...

And it’s already too high...political nonsense aside.

techgeek

Don’t bother...this is one of the disgraced hoaxers back to try again. Who joins a Disney forum and starts by trying to “persuasively interpret” medical data while lecturing a bunch of “strangers”. First post?

Nice try, X

Eh, my occasional posts along those lines are as much me venting a bit of frustration as they are trying to convince anyone of anything... which I'm under no illusion of being able to do. Occasionally maybe it sparks some intelligent conversation back and forth, but we've largely played that out by now and it seems everyone is dug firmly into their positions. The levels of ignorance, or in some cases willful deceit, just continue to baffle.

Miss Bella

Can you tell me what percentage of those survivors will permanent damage from the virus? Can you tell me what percentage have had to suffer months of debilitating symptoms even after the survived?
I don't know. Can you tell us? I know a lot of survivors without any longterm symptoms.

Miss Bella

Fear

I read that word in a a few posts this morning. When does a person doing what they perceive as right become a fear?

is it of death there is no fear? Would you stand in the middle of a highway in rush hour traffic because some statistics show you only have a 5% chance of being hit?

I have a friend of a friend, never met them...but that person did have Covid in April. Recovered. Said it was horrible

a month ago, that person became short of breath again...walking from room to room was a chore. Went to See a Dr thinking covid came back...they discovered heart issues covid related that left a 20% functioning heart. And if I heard correctly, now on a list for transplant, and before covid, was a very very health oriented person

now you don’t know this person, neither do I...but Dr said it was attributed to covid

why would anyone want to put their family at risk for this? Your wife? Husband? Children? Parents?

it’s not fear. Stop using that word.

In WW2, Germans bombed London....all
Lights were kept off.....OH, except for that one guy who said “stop living in fear...turn your lights on”. Haha

as far as Florida’s decision to open...I think it’s too soon. Maybe a bit Election Day related, but I won’t go there
Were comparing covid to standing in the middle of a highway. Now I've heard it all.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I honestly have my doubts that people are going to flock to see the Mouse now that all restrictions are dropped.
I know @DisneyDebRob pointed this out (in Pennsylvania) yesterday...but the demand is there. It is on the other side of the river where I am as well.

But there is no incentive for anyone to go under the covid restrictions. Just not feasible/worth it.

This is pure stupidity by a certain elected official . Really no other analysis that is valid.

I don't know. Can you tell us? I know a lot of survivors without any longterm symptoms.
...it has been a whole six months 🙄

A lot of the clinical research in both the US and overseas seems to be pointing to this being a cardiovascular affliction...not a respiratory one.

That’s “bad” if you’re talking longterm.

Last edited:

Miss Bella

I know @DisneyDebRob pointed this out yesterday (in Pennsylvania) yesterday...but the demand is there. It is on the other side of the river where I am as well.

But there is no incentive for anyone to go under the covid restrictions. Just not feasible/worth it.

This is pure stupidity by a certain elected official . Really no other analysis that is valid.

...it has been a whole six months 🙄

A lot of the clinical research in both the US and overseas seems to be pointing to this being a cardiovascular affliction...not a respiratory one.

That’s “bad” if you’re talking longterm.
That's a whole lof of conjecture and what if's....

SamusAranX

That would increase their operating costs for really no reason...so what’s in it for them?

True...

But if you do “herd immunity” like “Senator Rand” talks about as an evil wizard (I gotta wonder what’s in the water in that state??)...
If you did 70% exposure...that’s a death count of 2.29 mil...

And it’s already too high...political nonsense aside.

Well, some counts go as low as 40 percent of the population.

The problem is that we only know with hindsight which method (herd immunity + precautions vs. vaccine + precautions) has "less" deaths, and the other issue is hoping that people acquire the Tcell immunity, rather then the temporary antibody immunity. It can work, but its a risky method. That's why Sweden's data after this is "over" should be studied compared to other countries. So the bottom line can be settled for a future pandemic (lets hope for year 2120)

Jrb1979

I know @DisneyDebRob pointed this out yesterday (in Pennsylvania) yesterday...but the demand is there. It is on the other side of the river where I am as well.

This is pure stupidity by a certain elected official . Really no other analysis that is valid
I honestly don't buy that demand is there cause if it was they wouldn't just be relying on AP holders right now.
The problem is you can't.
So we should do nothing about this Zombie virus as you call it? I just don't understand what the big deal is with wearing a mask and staying 6 ft apart from others? You can still function as a society with that in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom