Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny72

I didn't realize this was going to seem controversial. This is a basic principle of human behavior. For instance, most people are at least a little scared of death, so they don't think about it unless they have to. Some people don't go to doctors because they'd rather not find out if something is wrong. We push things away that we don't want to deal with, often with alcohol or addictive behaviors, things that distract us from reality. I guess you could call it psychobabble but this is hardly a new observation.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
That's why so many people are afraid to go to WDW? Is that what you're saying?
Out of the people who actually would want to go to WDW if there was no Covid, some people don’t want to go to WDW because they don’t want to deal with masks and limited capacity and less offerings. Some people don’t want to go to WDW because they don’t want to be in a theme park (or fly on a plane) anywhere during a pandemic. Some people don’t want to go to WDW because they don’t want to travel to a FL Specifically while cases are still high and the state is sill on travel quarantine lists. Some people don’t want to go to WDW because they are out of work or worried about finances. I’m not sure I would call any of those people afraid to go to WDW, but you are free to apply whatever label you want.

Miss Bella

Out of the people who actually would want to go to WDW if there was no Covid, some people don’t want to go to WDW because they don’t want to deal with masks and limited capacity and less offerings. Some people don’t want to go to WDW because they don’t want to be in a theme park (or fly on a plane) anywhere during a pandemic. Some people don’t want to go to WDW because they don’t want to travel to a FL Specifically while cases are still high and the state is sill on travel quarantine lists. Some people don’t want to go to WDW because they are out of work or worried about finances. I’m not sure I would call any of those people afraid to go to WDW, but you are free to apply whatever label you want.
...and we've come full circle.

Miss Bella

In certain cases yes, especially when you’re claims of not being afraid are firmly rooted in dubious and outright false information. If you’re lying to prove you’re not afraid, you’re probably really afraid.
Afraid of what though is the question.

Disstevefan1

In certain cases yes, especially when you’re claims of not being afraid are firmly rooted in dubious and outright false information. If you’re lying to prove you’re not afraid, you’re probably really afraid.
Oh it’s like the opposite of a phobia, the irrational fear of something you should not be scared of.

DisneyDebRob

Afraid of what though is the question.
Afraid..scared..fear.. your favorite words in these boards. They are included in almost every few posts you put up. Amazing how if someone doesn’t feel it is right for their family.. whether it’s going out to dinner or going to a amusement park.. or canceling a vacation, they are scared or afraid. As been said here way to many times, what’s right for you and your family, it’s not ok with others. You have every right, within the guidelines set up wherever you go, to enjoy yourself. It’s is beyond belief that because you do it, if others don’t they are just fearful or scared. Just stop your nonsense. You or I have no idea what’s going on in any family here or not on the boards. Stop with your blanket statements.

Miss Bella

Afraid..scared..fear.. your favorite words in these boards. They are included in almost every few posts you put up. Amazing how if someone doesn’t feel it is right for their family.. whether it’s going out to dinner or going to a amusement park.. or canceling a vacation, they are scared or afraid. As been said here way to many times, what’s right for you and your family, it’s not ok with others. You have every right, within the guidelines set up wherever you go, to enjoy yourself. It’s is beyond belief that because you do it, if others don’t they are just fearful or scared. Just stop your nonsense. You or I have no idea what’s going on in any family here or not on the boards. Stop with your blanket statements.
I don't think I was the one who started the whole fear thing. I have to go and read all my posts to see if your statement is true, but I already know it's not. Listen I get you can't stand me, but really?

Chomama

I don't think I was the one who started the whole fear thing. I have to go and read all my posts to see if your statement is true, but I already know it's not. Listen I get you can't stand me, but really?
Honestly I’m not sure you see how you come across or if you just don’t care. I am not in the “shut it all down” camp or the “this is a flu like virus and we all need to move on” camp. I pretty much ride the middle and try to be flexible because the science is always changing. I haven’t interacted much with anyone on these boards but have read for a while. I like to think I can see most people’s point of view. And honestly I can see yours a lot of the time. However the way you communicate makes it seem callous to the suffering of others and insensitive to viewpoints that are different from your own. I would like to think it is because written tone is hard to interpret but just in case you want to know - part of the reason people respond in prickly ways may be your tone.

Jrb1979

I don't know if fear is the right word. Most aren't hunkered down in their house and not going out. Most are back to eating out and going back to doing what they like doing. Only difference is that they practice social distancing and wear masks. I don't call that living in fear. I am doing all the above but I have interest in traveling outside my country right noe. Its all has to do with how things aren't being handled in other places.

Miss Bella

Honestly I’m not sure you see how you come across or if you just don’t care. I am not in the “shut it all down” camp or the “this is a flu like virus and we all need to move on” camp. I pretty much ride the middle and try to be flexible because the science is always changing. I haven’t interacted much with anyone on these boards but have read for a while. I like to think I can see most people’s point of view. And honestly I can see yours a lot of the time. However the way you communicate makes it seem callous to the suffering of others and insensitive to viewpoints that are different from your own. I would like to think it is because written tone is hard to interpret but just in case you want to know - part of the reason people respond in prickly ways may be your tone.
Tone can't be interpreted on a message board.

Chomama

I know I've been called stupid, selfish, ignorant, a troll, a liar...I can't even think of all the names I've been called on this forum. What tone is that?
I think you missed my point. It isn’t ok for people to name call and I wish they wouldn’t. My point was, however, that people are put off by your communication style. But maybe you don’t care? If you are on message boards I would imagine you want to participate in an exchange of ideas. That activity is much easier if we aren’t talking past each other because of tone and tactic

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I don't know if fear is the right word. Most aren't hunkered down in their house and not going out. Most are back to eating out and going back to doing what they like doing. Only difference is that they practice social distancing and wear masks. I don't call that living in fear. I am doing all the above but I have interest in traveling outside my country right noe. Its all has to do with how things aren't being handled in other places.

Nothing wrong with the word fear, fear plays an important part in keeping us alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom