Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

seabreezept813

I live in MA, and the governor mandated flu shots for all children attending school as well as college students.

You should see the number of people absolutely losing their minds over the FLU SHOT. I'm not very confident that we're going to get half the country to get vaccinated against COVID-19.
And I’m sure they were the same ones pushing for in person school...

Rich Brownn

Where are you getting the data for active cases? I don't believe the State of Florida officially tracks active cases. A long time ago they said there was no CDC guidance on how to define a recovery so they weren't going to publish data of recovered patients.

DisneyCane

It isn't accurate because Florida doesn't report recovered. Maybe a few counties do. A while ago they (worldometers) were just subtracting deaths from total cases to get the active count.

If you look at a state that does report recoveries (like Tennessee) you'll find that for States with a similar time frame spike "recovered" is about 90% of total cases to date. The ratio for Florida would be similar using the same criteria for recovery.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It isn't accurate because Florida doesn't report recovered. Maybe a few counties do. A while ago they (worldometers) were just subtracting deaths from total cases to get the active count.

If you look at a state that does report recoveries (like Tennessee) you'll find that for States with a similar time frame spike "recovered" is about 90% of total cases to date. The ratio for Florida would be similar using the same criteria for recovery.

Looking into Worldometers data they only show one county, Hillsborough , reporting active cases. Not sure where they are getting their active case number from since it is not Total minus deaths.

GimpYancIent

Well, since COVID19 originated in Wuhan China the stats have been varied depending on the source. I just know COVID19 is an equal opportunity serious infector that is highly contagious and for most people not a death sentence. WDW has protocols in place to reasonably deal with the illness while operating, limited operations but working, while the medical and scientific community work on ways to ultimately address the disease. Political and legal issues will continue to evolve after COVID19 is resolved, yes, even after the overwhelming mask issue is history. I just know that for all the limitations WDW is still an opportunity look at things through the eyes of a child and ever so briefly not be bothered with all that is wrong in the world. Ok, an adult beverage does not hurt either.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1600528955948.png

1600529005043.png

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Rich Brownn

Looking into Worldometers data they only show one county, Hillsborough , reporting active cases. Not sure where they are getting their active case number from since it is not Total minus deaths.
Obviously they get from more than one source. Hillborough reported 5,000+ The state has 400,000+ The footnotes (1,2,3) show where the data is interpolated from.

sullyinMT

Case numbers not moving the right way. Only 3 days out of 14 below the 2,100 daily cases need to get off the primary travel quarantine lists. It looks like it will still be a while for that. Not good news for WDW :( At least testing is up but the impact of bar re-openings isn’t baked into these numbers yet.
Nor the full impact of Labor Day. Like you said, at least volume has returned, and new case positivity isn’t through the roof.
Hopefully they contain this time around.

Jrb1979

It does as you know. But it’s not easy. Hopefully they can do better this time around.
I know it exists. No it's not easy to do but I can be done. A good place to start is when ever an employee at any business tests positive that company has to release it so the public can get tested if need be. They have done it here from the beginning. It has helped a lot and no business has suffered from it like many claim would happen.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It does as you know. But it’s not easy. Hopefully they can do better this time around.
It’s not easy and at this point is mostly a lost cause. We had ample time to try to setup a better contact tracing system nationwide and in various states. We didn’t and that ship has pretty much sailed at this point. We just have to accept that the only way we get this virus contained is a vaccine. All our eggs are in that one basket. I just pray it comes through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom