Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Ehh. My area seems to have decent demand. But this is anecdotal. I’m sure it is a mixed bag depending on the community
Yeah, up here the only thing with need for reservations is outdoor dining due to limited tables at some places. Inside is still empty most places, most nights. I guess it may pick up in the rain or as the weather gets colder. I am also pretty close to some areas where restaurants rely on a large number of corporate customers in normal times and that business is not close to coming back yet.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes, it is a fact. More people = More deaths. How is that not true?? And I have looked at the data per capita and we are definitely not at the bottom. We are doing about average.

How we need to view the US is like each state is a different country. Some states are better than others like in Europe.
Yeah...ummm...don’t think that will work.
Everyone's been so proud of Europe. What happened?
They took more precautions in general and it’s still not going well?

What do I win?
It’s sad. Virus being the virus.
And think of what it will do if you leave it to its own devices...
I've said that along, but the consensus on here is Europe great job- US bad job.
That has been mostly accurate. But I missed the park where it’s eradicated in the US and we’re free and clear?
Most of Europe is still doing much better than us per capita. That they are alarmed at recent rises while FL considers re-opening bars speaks volumes on the differences in priorities.
Oh...but we’re GREAT...and they’re just old and experienced...

What could possibly go wrong?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well. They aren’t getting additional money from the powers that be anymore. So we can either provide some a bit of relief where possible or continue punish them for our mistakes. And as I said, they have been running 50% occupancy since around the beginning of June. So it’s not a huge change.
Beginning of June huh...how have the results been?

techgeek

Hillsborough County and Southwest Florida could be on the verge of another rise in cases of the novel coronavirus, warns a company that tracks fevers to spot early signs of spreading disease.

Kinsa Health relies on more than one million internet-connected thermometers across the country to try to detect outbreaks before people can get tested or go to the doctor. Since the COVID-19 pandemic began, the company’s data has shown spikes in certain regions two or three weeks before a similar jump in confirmed cases.

More Hillsborough residents have reported fevers than expected for this time of year, according to the company. That spells the potential for a resurgence of the virus, or an abnormal flu outbreak, soon.

“We are assuming that it’s COVID,” said Nita Nehru, a spokeswoman for Kinsa Health. She said they adjust for the normal expected levels of illness based on the part of the country and the time of year.

Hillsborough’s rate has been abnormally high for about two weeks, Nehru said. She called the gap between what’s happening and what normally happens this time of year “wildly divergent.” The rate had been below one from early July until late August.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1600431848184.png

1600431872578.png

Heppenheimer

At least some good news, although not directly on the COVID-19 front:

JoeCamel

At least some good news, although not directly on the COVID-19 front:

I'm all for that. Enough reason to mask and distance if I can avoid the flu.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
On a related note three county run testing locations in Hillsborough will be closing on the 26th

Any bets on when FL realizes that when you test less, your positivity stat goes up (because only those with symptoms or in contact with cases get tested), and thus, FL will start a very public campaign encouraging people to get tested so that that stat can go down and they can get tourists back?

Heppenheimer

Any bets on when FL realizes that when you test less, your positivity stat goes up (because only those with symptoms or in contact with cases get tested), and thus, FL will start a very public campaign encouraging people to get tested so that that stat can go down and they can get tourists back?
Any bets on when FL comes to the realization that they can't bluff their way out of this?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Testing numbers reported each day recently haven’t been that consistent. Yet the last six days, all have been below a 5% positivity rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom