Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
People are dug in. A study comes out that goes against the narrative so just attack the study. Not enough people, not the right subset of subjects, not enough details of the results, the group running the study is biased...pick your plan of attack. The truth is no matter how many “studies” are done or how much “proof” there is nobody is going to change their minds.

Won't stop me from trying.

Miss Bella

People are dug in. A study comes out that goes against the narrative so just attack the study. Not enough people, not the right subset of subjects, not enough details of the results, the group running the study is biased...pick your plan of attack. The truth is no matter how many “studies” are done or how much “proof” there is nobody is going to change their minds.
People are dig in on both sides of the argument not just on one side. It really is a pointless argument that just leads to a lot of flame throwing.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Numbers are out -

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 2.24.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 2.25.02 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 2.25.08 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 2.25.15 PM.png

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
People are dig in on both sides of the argument not just on one side. It really is a pointless argument that just leads to a lot of flame throwing.
People are presented with their own set of facts. What media and information that is presented to me differs from what is shown to you. It’s been happening for years now and we lose objectively. Lose the willingness to absorb information from the other “side”..whatever that other side is. It’s manipulation. But I digress.... lol.

hopemax

Highest single day recording of Covid since pandemic started says WHO. I think we took a wrong turn somewhere.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/5786964002
Well, WHO's reporting is global, it's not so much of a wrong turn as much as the pandemic continues to play out slower than people want. India is the driver of new cases. While Europe's rising cases are adding to the totals (France and UK), most of the countries in the Top 20 for cases are in countries that have economic limitations, and it's simply taken this long for the virus to reach this critical mass. It's going to get worse.

Miss Bella

People are presented with their own set of facts. What media and information that is presented to me differs from what is shown to you. It’s been happening for years now and we lose objectively. Lose the willingness to absorb information from the other “side”..whatever that other side is. It’s manipulation. But I digress.... lol.
Very true.

Chi84

Premium Member
I couldn’t disagree more strongly. With COVID occupying every corner of our lives, it’s vital to read critically every bit of information that’s being put out there. I believe it’s important to examine studies and reports to uncover any underlying biases and to determine whether the data and reasoning support the conclusions being drawn. It may be annoying or inconvenient when doing so goes against what you believe, but it’s the responsible thing to do.

I suspect you were just expressing frustration with the anti-mask folks, but putting the words studies and proof in quotes strikes me as dangerous.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I couldn’t disagree more strongly. With COVID occupying every corner of our lives, it’s vital to read critically every bit of information that’s being put out there. I believe it’s important to examine studies and reports to uncover any underlying biases and to determine whether the data and reasoning support the conclusions being drawn. It may be annoying or inconvenient when doing so goes against what you believe, but it’s the responsible thing to do.

I suspect you were just expressing frustration with the anti-mask folks, but putting the words studies and proof in quotes strikes me as dangerous.

We may not like it, but what he is saying is reality for a lot of people. A lot of people don't have the desire to do the level of analysis that you mention, they have already made up their minds about the "truth" and will echo anything that supports it and dismiss anything that doesn't.

Phil12

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I would rather drive in Florida than New Jersey or New York. I find New Jersey more of a headache due to the constantly fluctuating tolls and the idiotic law that you can not pump your own gas. Driving in New Jersey is not supposed to be an automobile race (though some NY / NJ drivers think it is) and I do not need a pit crew pumping gas for me.
If ya ain’t first...you’re last

1. Statistically, the driving in New Jersey is better...contrary to the eye test
2. Our gas is still cheaper than man places due to lower gas taxes

Miss Bella

We may not like it, but what he is saying is reality for a lot of people. A lot of people don't have the desire to do the level of analysis that you mention, they have already made up their minds about the "truth" and will echo anything that supports it and dismiss anything that doesn't.
Just because you disagree with someone you can’t automatically assume they haven’t done their own research.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here's how Macy's is handling the Thanksgiving Day Parade -

• The overall number of participants will be reduced by approximately 75%, splitting the remaining participants over two days;
  • All participants will be appropriately socially distanced during performances and be required to wear face coverings and additional personal protective equipment depending on their role;
  • Shifting to a television-broadcast-only production with staging for Parade elements focused solely in and around the Herald Square area of Midtown Manhattan
  • The traditional 2.5-mile Parade route will not be utilized this year;
  • No participant in the Parade will be under 18 years of age;
  • Previously selected regional High School and College Marching Bands performances will be deferred to the 2021 Macy’s Parade, with locally based professional marching and musical ensembles taking musical duties in the lineup;
  • Macy’s traditional Giant Balloon Inflation public event on Wednesday will not take place;
  • Macy’s signature giant character balloons will be flown without the traditional 80-100 handlers and instead employ an innovative, specially rigged anchor vehicle framework of five specialty vehicles tested and approved by the NYCDOT and NYPD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom