Politics Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

bcoachable

I realize there are always going to be rule breakers- and those guys always seem to get all the buzz.
In my experience, I have to say that with the HS age kids I’m around, they are doing their best to Adhere to the social contract of doing what’s best for all involved. They are making me proud...
Now- who knows what’s happening outside of school and on the weekends...

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
1600084782050.png

1600084807496.png

Can't blame Miami any more...

1600084921922.png

Kevin_W

Does this map show average daily new cases or active cases? And unless my geographic knowledge of Florida is completely wrong, what's going on in those hotspots? They don't appear to be any of the major cities.

It's cases per 100,000 people in the past week (by county). Areas outside of major cities will have less population, so it will take fewer case to move them up in color.

hopemax

Does this map show average daily new cases or active cases? And unless my geographic knowledge of Florida is completely wrong, what's going on in those hotspots? They don't appear to be any of the major cities.
They are homes to the University of Florida (Gainesville - Alachula County which is the large orange one next to the little red one) and Florida State University (Tallahassee - marked and very red)

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
It's cases per 100,000 people in the past week (by county). Areas outside of major cities will have less population, so it will take fewer case to move them up in color.

Flip side is that being so rural and spread out, they should have stayed low in cases per capita. And since that's not the case, it's a sign of just how little caution those areas are taking.

Lilofan

They are homes to the University of Florida (Gainesville - Alachula County which is the large orange one next to the little red one) and Florida State University (Tallahassee - marked and very red)
Party schools - FSU and UF. That is where some of the damage is done.

dfisher9

It would be interesting to see an overlay of major college campuses vs. the new hotspot areas. Like mentioned above, University of Florida and Florida St are right at hotspots. The lone red area in the middle of Pennsylvania is where Penn St. is located.

Kevin_W

It would be interesting to see an overlay of major college campuses vs. the new hotspot areas. Like mentioned above, University of Florida and Florida St are right at hotspots. The lone red area in the middle of Pennsylvania is where Penn St. is located.

Someone has tracked that, thought I cannot find the link. Not surprisingly, there is a strong correlation.

My county's cases per 100k spiked up quite a bit when Ohio State came back on campus. The good news is that they are testing the college kids quite a bit, so most of the positives have been mild or asymptomatic. Even though cases have gone up here, hospitalizations have continued to decline. I would assume/hope that is the case for most of the college areas.

JoeCamel

Someone has tracked that, thought I cannot find the link. Not surprisingly, there is a strong correlation.

My county's cases per 100k spiked up quite a bit when Ohio State came back on campus. The good news is that they are testing the college kids quite a bit, so most of the positives have been mild or asymptomatic. Even though cases have gone up here, hospitalizations have continued to decline. I would assume/hope that is the case for most of the college areas.
Seems to be the case of less severe symptoms. Lets keep them on campus so they don't bring it home to mom and pop.

Heppenheimer

Ah, I was also wondering about that blip in the dead Centre of Pennsylvania...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom