Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolina_yankee

This is the AHCA's dashboard for hospital and ICU capacity, updated this AM

It's one datapoint since it doesn't show trends over time, but there are indeed a lot of hospitals with zero ICU capacity.

Blunt reality is that increases in cases are going to result in increases in hospitalizations, which will result in increases in ICU occupancy. The question is whether or not the capacity is there.

However, with cases continuing to soar, there clearly isn't room for growth at some hospitals. Ambulances know where to take people, but what if you are driven in?

At the peak in NJ, I checked our divert status twice a day because our local hospital was often on full divert. Then the next closest one (40 minutes) away was also on full divert. It's not a fun feeling to realize that there isn't room at the in for you should you need it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is the AHCA's dashboard for hospital and ICU capacity, updated this AM

It's one datapoint since it doesn't show trends over time, but there are indeed a lot of hospitals with zero ICU capacity.

Blunt reality is that increases in cases are going to result in increases in hospitalizations, which will result in increases in ICU occupancy. The question is whether or not the capacity is there.

However, with cases continuing to soar, there clearly isn't room for growth at some hospitals. Ambulances know where to take people, but what if you are driven in?

At the peak in NJ, I checked our divert status twice a day because our local hospital was often on full divert. Then the next closest one (40 minutes) away was also on full divert. It's not a fun feeling to realize that there isn't room at the in for you should you need it.
Where are you at in the Pineys?!?

DCBaker

Premium Member
Numbers are out -

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 10.30.31 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 10.30.42 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 10.30.37 AM.png

kong1802

the 7 day average is the more important metric so you can see where it’s trending. If it stays above 16% for the next 5 to 7 days..well...

I mean I thought we'd start coming down the other way. I guess perhaps maybe this is the last "peak"?

I keep thinking we found the top and then...well, you know.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
They have closed bars. Big deal. Whatever I will just continue to shake my head.
That is actually a big deal since it has been shown bars have significantly contributed to spread. We know it is the activity with the highest risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom