Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chi84

Premium Member
I might be the type of dumb person who goes to a theme park during a pandemic, but that sure sounds like politics
In a sense, but I think the kind of political discussion that’s not welcome here is discussion involving specific politicians, political philosophy, and partisan politics. I don’t think telling someone to contact their congressperson is forbidden.

Last edited:

oceanbreeze77

Let me try my hand at spin just to see how it feels.....

Ok , hospitals routinely run at 90%. Have to make money, right? This is only 10% more than that.

I can’t do it..

Wish we could say we didn’t know that increased cases could somehow lead to increased hospitalizations.....
Heres a list

LukeS7

Ok , hospitals routinely run at 90%. Have to make money, right? This is only 10% more than that.

I can’t do it..

Wish we could say we didn’t know that increased cases could somehow lead to increased hospitalizations.....
Yea, and dams probably operate at around 90% capacity too, but if it starts hitting greater than 100% capacities, it’s still a problem.

Just because hospitals normally operate at high percentages (from what I can find the hourly actually varies between >50% and <90%), doesn’t mean that this surge isn’t an issue.

You can dismiss it as “only 10% more” if you want, but hitting capacity means patients getting turned away/rerouted to different hospitals and getting either delayed care or not the level of care that is needed.

Edit: it’s late and I think I (hopefully) missed the implied sarcasm in your post. Gonna leave the original response up for people who actually believe that type of logic

oceanbreeze77

You can dismiss it as “only 10% more” if you want, but hitting capacity means patients getting turned away/rerouted to different hospitals and getting either delayed care or not the level of care that is needed.
This and at somepoint, too many get rerouted and then there's not enough room for the people in that city and so they get rerouted, and its a messy chain

lazyboy97o

This and at somepoint, too many get rerouted and then there's not enough room for the people in that city and so they get rerouted, and its a messy chain
Orlando Regional Medical Center and AdventHealth Orlando are each among the largest hospital complexes in the country. Not county, not state, the entire country. Yes, they do a lot more than intensive care, but it should still be something of a wake up call that one of these facilities has hit a baseline capacity as surrounding facilities do the same.

hopemax

For San Antonio

1594097257740.png

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I can’t do it..

That’s the spirit, stay positive.

If we all collectively believe in the power of our dreams and American dominance...we can get back to watching the fireworks.
Imagine if that graph represented a $20.00 margarita.
...or tickets to the Halloween party 🤪

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom